SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

You can certainly do an apple cake. Think apple muffin and go from there. Vanilla with apple cinnamon. Omg. I want dessert.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

what?! that's awesome!

I think it is a gimmick from the website that my 11th night is free (probably paid largely by fees on the first 10), but 9 of 10 were my mother's hotel bookings on my account, so it is still basically free for me. :whistle:

Even though we are borrowing a car, it is going to cost about $400 in gas and bridge tolls to go up there and back though. :crying:

I was set on making it to the gym 3x a week plus do my in home stuff 3x a week. The first week....when Sunday rolled around..I slept whole day and I only did 3x gym and 1x in home. lol Next week...I will do better ! B-) /cough

I think we'll manage on 1-2 times a day. I like the gym, but I'm lazy and driving somewhere to work out doesn't happen as often as it should (not that I have that option in DK). I much prefer to walk, bike, or exercise at home. It doesn't look like it is going to get above 1 C any time in the next 10 days here so no outside exercise besides walking. :(

You can certainly do an apple cake. Think apple muffin and go from there. Vanilla with apple cinnamon. Omg. I want dessert.

So much desert temptation. *drools*

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Judgmental people who have no idea what your life is like really tick me off. Walk a mile dude... see how easy this is. Then come back to me.

I may fail, but at least I went down trying.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I like the gym, but I'm lazy
Or, perhaps your philosophy is this: "If I'm healthy enough to exercise, I'm healthy enough not to, si man."

Rant: Mowed lawn today. Afterwards, blew nose. Contents of snot prominently included macroscopic particles of grass and leftover dead leaves. Someone needs to invent nostril-plugs that have little grates at the ends so that lawnmowing detritus can be collected before it enters the Forest of the Nose-Hairs, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

TBone - those nostril plugs already invented, used for sand filtration in the Middle East. No, I'm not kidding, was on an episode of 'SharkTank' and the guy had orders in hand for 18 million unit sales the day before he walked in to the competition.

Rant -

I really dislike, loathe almost, folk that are unprepared when they come onto the SharkTank TV show. It really p|sses me off.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Judgmental people who have no idea what your life is like really tick me off. Walk a mile dude... see how easy this is. Then come back to me.

I can so much relate to this. I've a tendency to purge my life of those kind of people.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I know the thread you speak of, or at least I think I do. Sometimes people have a hard time seeing things from other people's point of view. I have trouble with this too, but one would suspect I would because it is never been something I've had to deal with.

I feel your pain, though. My mother for months before I moved to Denmark told me how it would really hurt my daughter, kill her soul, etc. I was getting properly pissed about it because in general I consider myself to be a good mother who would do anything to ensure the welfare of my daughter. Mind you, she ended up being right, but a stopped clock is right twice a day....

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not an apple cake.

I want apple filling.

Kinda like apple pie filling.

But between the cake.

I wonder why I can't just make (2) yellow cakes, cook pie filling separate.

Then put the pie filling in between the cakes.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Well this is bugging me now.

I just started the most recent episode of Bar Rescue and the FIRST thing I hear is what seems to be a song by an underground rap artist named DZK.

However a search of the only lyrics they play is coming up with NOTHING.

oldlady.gif

Not an apple cake.

I want apple filling.

Kinda like apple pie filling.

But between the cake.

I wonder why I can't just make (2) yellow cakes, cook pie filling separate.

Then put the pie filling in between the cakes.

Applesauce. No reason you can't.

I know the thread you speak of, or at least I think I do. Sometimes people have a hard time seeing things from other people's point of view. I have trouble with this too, but one would suspect I would because it is never been something I've had to deal with.

I feel your pain, though. My mother for months before I moved to Denmark told me how it would really hurt my daughter, kill her soul, etc. I was getting properly pissed about it because in general I consider myself to be a good mother who would do anything to ensure the welfare of my daughter. Mind you, she ended up being right, but a stopped clock is right twice a day....

A child may easily be bullied here as there. I was. You cannot guess it would happen, and living abroad normally is good for kids.

I recently wrote down 4 pages of anger towards my father. I didn't realize it wad 4 pages until I was done to be honest. Part of it was that he never stood up for me against my step mom. Hes never been able to even remember my birthday. Stuff that continues like that. Except for a small time in my life, he's been a bad father.

My husband loves my daughter. If she could live with us he'd be ecstatic. He'll never have the opportunity to be a parent except when she visits.

Point is, I have to try. If I fail, I blame no one but myself. All the naysayers will come out with I told you so. I deal with the consequences of my own actions, good or bad.

Kdh... Yeah was just there. Know how ya feel.

Timeline

I listen to various TV shows all day as background noise.

I can't find anything decent to listen to.

I'm not in a horror mood.

I'm in a bar rescue, car lot rescue, one born every minute kinda mood.

The US did "One Born Every Minute" but I think it was canceled.

I really HATE british shows.

Idk what it is, but they always seem cheaply recorded and the accent starts to drive me nuts.

Yet, here I am watching it.

oldlady.gif