SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Has anyone here not hardcore-surfed this thread (rife with subdued rants), huh man?

http://www.visajourn...tizenship-test/

If memory serves, post #52 is one of the best of the best, si man.

I saw that awhile ago lol

Timeline

That is HILARIOUS.

I did state that the cat barfs on the wood floor.

She TRIES to barf on the carpet, but never succeeds because we pick her up and move her.

She also tries to stand on my husband and barf on him while he sleeps but she always gets launched.

For my rant: I hate when people try and make me follow the rules of the thread.

I got that.....OKOK that was pretty good....lemme think of something with my lightening wits........

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I have a few small rants (more like complaints) for today.

1. Still having problems with finding how to get my bulldog home. Even cargo companies don't want to carry snub faced dogs, so I don't know what to do! I might have to rent a car or something and just drive up to Pennsylvania. <_< The only company I've found so far that does it is United Cargo, and I don't even know if they ship things from Ecuador. I sent an email to their customer service department, so I guess we'll wait and see... but JEEZ, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO HARD?! Even if I DO find a way to get him home, I have to run him all over the freakin' country within five days before leaving to get him checked for all kinds of tropical disease he could've picked up, pay a million fees to get permits allowing him to leave the country, and then hope to GOD the people at our POE (which is unfortunately Miami) let him through. :bonk: If my husband wasn't so crazy in love with this dog I might just leave him with my in-laws until we could come up with a better game plan.

2. Speaking of my husband... Last night I was looking at clothes online (living in the tropics has reduced my wardrobe to shorts and tank tops, and I frankly miss wearing ACTUAL clothes... I spend a lot of time daydreaming, don't judge me), and he came over and sat with me. After a few moments of silence he pointed at a dress I was looking at and, very nonchalantly, said, "That wouldn't look good on you. Your arms are too chubby." Now, I don't know about the rest of the world, but latinos don't find being called "chubby", "plump", "fat", etc, offensive (in fact, it's often used as a pet name between couples - "gordo/a"), so I know he didn't MEAN to be mean... BUT WHAT THE HELL. I mean SERIOUSLY, since when is calling your wife (or any woman, really) "chubby" a good idea? He quickly realized his mistake and tried to backtrack but the damage was done. <_< Granted, when I woke up this morning he'd left an apology on his pillow before going to work in the form of a daffodil... but I still plan on giving him a good pinch when he gets home. :whistle:

3. What is up with instant coffee? You would think being so close to Colombia, we'd have really good REAL coffee here to drink... but NO, all the natives prefer the instant #######, and we'd have to travel two hours to the province capital to get anything close to decent (not to mention it would cost around 11$ a bag). Lack of coffee might be contributing to my general grouchiness this morning, come to think of it. :innocent:

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

1. Still having problems with finding how to get my bulldog home. Even cargo companies don't want to carry snub faced dogs, so I don't know what to do! I might have to rent a car or something and just drive up to Pennsylvania. <_< The only company I've found so far that does it is United Cargo, and I don't even know if they ship things from Ecuador. I sent an email to their customer service department, so I guess we'll wait and see... but JEEZ, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO HARD?! Even if I DO find a way to get him home, I have to run him all over the freakin' country within five days before leaving to get him checked for all kinds of tropical disease he could've picked up, pay a million fees to get permits allowing him to leave the country, and then hope to GOD the people at our POE (which is unfortunately Miami) let him through. :bonk: If my husband wasn't so crazy in love with this dog I might just leave him with my in-laws until we could come up with a better game plan.

2. Speaking of my husband... Last night I was looking at clothes online (living in the tropics has reduced my wardrobe to shorts and tank tops, and I frankly miss wearing ACTUAL clothes... I spend a lot of time daydreaming, don't judge me), and he came over and sat with me. After a few moments of silence he pointed at a dress I was looking at and, very nonchalantly, said, "That wouldn't look good on you. Your arms are too chubby." Now, I don't know about the rest of the world, but latinos don't find being called "chubby", "plump", "fat", etc, offensive (in fact, it's often used as a pet name between couples - "gordo/a"), so I know he didn't MEAN to be mean... BUT WHAT THE HELL. I mean SERIOUSLY, since when is calling your wife (or any woman, really) "chubby" a good idea? He quickly realized his mistake and tried to backtrack but the damage was done. <_< Granted, when I woke up this morning he'd left an apology on his pillow before going to work in the form of a daffodil... but I still plan on giving him a good pinch when he gets home. :whistle:

3. What is up with instant coffee? You would think being so close to Colombia, we'd have really good REAL coffee here to drink... but NO, all the natives prefer the instant #######, and we'd have to travel two hours to the province capital to get anything close to decent (not to mention it would cost around 11$ a bag). Lack of coffee might be contributing to my general grouchiness this morning, come to think of it. :innocent:

1. Sorry about the difficult time with the pooch passport.

2. I judged you

3. Really, ya think there'd be like coffee peddlers all over in that region...

Talk about coffee...I do believe I shall have that second cup now....freshly brewed......in a Keurig....Cafe Au Costco.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Oohpartiv are there even roads that span the whole distance?

I really want to go to my cousin's wedding at the end of April in the USVI. He's always been there for me - HS graduation, holidays, and even one of the few people at my dad's funeral and who visited him in the hospice. He has had a rough go of it as his best man lost his daughter in Sandy Hook and I know they were very close. But, unless there is some miracle, we won't be able to make it and it makes me mad. Mad at myself for not wanting to handle my daughter by myself on a long plane flight and mad at immigration for holding us up. Also, I think the wedding is adults only so unless my husband comes there won't be anyone to watch the little one and I'm not trusting a random babysitter in the Virgin Islands...

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

3. Really, ya think there'd be like coffee peddlers all over in that region...

Talk about coffee...I do believe I shall have that second cup now....freshly brewed......in a Keurig....Cafe Au Costco.....

My husband says it's because they export the majority to the US. I didn't think I relied on coffee so much, but it turns out I do. :huh: I guess the instant sludge will have to do for now.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

Oohpartiv are there even roads that span the whole distance?

You mean to the capital? :lol: Well I guess they could be considered roads... they've been cleared of forest vegetation, anyway. I don't think they're THAT bad, but Pennsylvania has some of the worst roads in the country so maybe I'm just used to it... What do I know. :P

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You mean to the capital? :lol: Well I guess they could be considered roads... they've been cleared of forest vegetation, anyway. I don't think they're THAT bad, but Pennsylvania has some of the worst roads in the country so maybe I'm just used to it... What do I know. :P

It sounded like you were driving from ecuador to penn.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

No I meant between Ecuador to America... :whistle:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

It sounded like you were driving from ecuador to penn.

Ahhh, gotcha.

In that case, I'm not sure if there's a way to drive the whole distance. I'd imagine there'd be some kind of combination of roads you could take, however treacherous and time consuming it may be. I wouldn't be willing to find out for my husband's dog, though. :whistle:

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

My husband says it's because they export the majority to the US. I didn't think I relied on coffee so much, but it turns out I do. :huh: I guess the instant sludge will have to do for now.

Oh now I have a legit rant.........

back in 2005. I was in China....the world's fastest developing nation (where people squat on hotel lobby sofas and spit on the carpet). The pinnacle of advancement (Where open sewer ditches are like normal irrigation). The world's factory floor (Where there are major intersections with zero traffic control). Anyway I was in a small city named......Enping (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enping). Now this was a city of a half million. I woke up in my hotel room, no coffee. I go to the lobby, no coffee. I go outside, no coffee. My host gets to me, I ask him for coffee.....NO COFFEE!!! Well, I demanded coffee.....lol........he drove me around for about an hour til we found a "esso" gas station (Probably a knock off gas station). And I finally found a friggin cup of coffee. (And I have to admit, it wasn't bad).

How would they like it if their tourists came here and there's no tea?? huh? would they like that?? How would they like it if we told them they can't squat on our hotel room sofas and they can't spit on the carpets?

Edited by SteveAndTiff

Good luck finding a way to get your dog back. It had always been my wife and I's plan to bring our dog with when we return to the Philippines. Although that is far enough away, I doubt our current dog would still be around. I notice she's on the list as being a snub nosed breed to.

Calling someone fat is totally OK in the Philippines to. I had to explain to my wife that she shouldn't do that in the USA. Amongst her Filipina friends though, its totally acceptable. And she also affectionately calls me tambok (fat) as a nickname. I was actually considered thin before she got here, but that has really changed as she was determined to fatten me up.

I never could find anything but instant coffee in her country to. Some places had what they called brewed coffee, but its really bad tasting but does have a good kick to it. Last time I was there, I actually started finding some ok tasting real coffee. Doesn't help that they severely limit imported coffee to support their local coffee farmers, who do not grow the best coffee really.

OK now the rant

To the flipping idiots that still haven't learned to drive in the snow yet this year. Its almost March in Minnesota, if you haven't figured it out by now, stay home when it snows!

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

Ahhh, gotcha.

In that case, I'm not sure if there's a way to drive the whole distance. I'd imagine there'd be some kind of combination of roads you could take, however treacherous and time consuming it may be. I wouldn't be willing to find out for my husband's dog, though. :whistle:

There is the Pan American highway system ....(excuse me.........:rofl:.....) ahem.....ok.the Pan American highway lol. Thieves, pirates, snakes, tank traps, quicksand, swamps, mudslides, you name it....Now if your name happens to be Indiana Jones, you'd be OK to drive it :)......

I'll give you the directions......

From Ecuador.....

1-Drive north till you smell cocaine, that's Columbia.

2- make a left till you see the swamp. That's Panama

3-drive north for the next 600 miles dodging robbers and pirates, and when you smell pot, that's mexico.....

Continue north till you reach the border, and voila......good ole USA.....(then begins the American journey home)

Timeline

Thieves, pirates, snakes, tank traps, quicksand, swamps, mudslides, you name it....Now if your name happens to be Indiana Jones, you'd be OK to drive it :)......

We once drove to Peru... That was enough adventure to last a while. No more South American border crossing in a car for me.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016