SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Set up a decoration right outside the door and put a dead fish in it. When they show up, leave them outside the door for a while so they can get a good smell of it. Then start spraying air freshener on the inside of the door before opening it. When you open it, and they have shocked looks on their faces, say yah that smell is why we're getting out of here.

If only the neighbors were making fish balls today. :lol:

My husband has gained some weight.

But he's still sexy so I don't mind it.

I made him do P90X today and he was all pooped. I think if it was a little chub, I wouldn't mind, but this is a lot and it is gross.

#5 just stopped by and they want it - she's pregnant and one of their first questions was are there many immigrants in the complex. For those unaware, Brits and Americans and the like are not considered "immigrants" here. :unsure: That's modern day Europe for you.

Edited by Nola123

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Hubs just lost muscle tone. He didn't gain weight (if anything he's lost some). I miss the bigger arms and shoulders he used to have though. But no one but him can force him to work out everyday now. I'm gonna buy rush fit. I wanna be bathing suit ready for when I move. Our complex has a pool. Lol!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

RANT: Still no water. It's going on a week now. We once went without water for three months, so this isn't anything really new, but it never gets less annoying. mad.gif What I most hate about it is that you have to buy gallon jugs of water to fill a bucket to shower with, and I just never feel clean after bathing like that. Kind of slimey, like I didn't get all the soap off. It's just gross and not something I could ever get used to, even though hubby reminds me constantly that his grandparents never have running water in their house and so showering like that is all they ever do. I think he does it to try to humble me, but I just find it annoying. whistling.gif Before living here, I'd never had to worry about how to shower/do laundry/wash dishes/clean without running water... SORRY. mellow.gif

Also, still waiting on the stupid interview. No word yet, but I'm thinking they must be coming to the end of April scheduling, so we probably won't hear anything until the beginning of April, and get stuck with a May date. crying.gif My little brother graduates from high school the first week of June, and I really want to go. Crossing my fingers we'll make it. sad.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

Hubs just lost muscle tone. He didn't gain weight (if anything he's lost some). I miss the bigger arms and shoulders he used to have though. But no one but him can force him to work out everyday now. I'm gonna buy rush fit. I wanna be bathing suit ready for when I move. Our complex has a pool. Lol!

The weird thing is my husband is pretty strong and his arms are trim and in shape. It is just his stomach and moobs that have to go. I prefer a built man myself as well. I'm doing the P90X with him, but just with soup cans because we only have one set of bars for the weights. I lost maybe 8 or 10 pounds when I moved here and I put a bit of it back on over the winter, so I'm trying to get back down again. I spend almost every day at the beach in the summer, so it is important to look good.

RANT: Still no water. It's going on a week now. We once went without water for three months, so this isn't anything really new, but it never gets less annoying. mad.gif What I most hate about it is that you have to buy gallon jugs of water to fill a bucket to shower with, and I just never feel clean after bathing like that. Kind of slimey, like I didn't get all the soap off. It's just gross and not something I could ever get used to, even though hubby reminds me constantly that his grandparents never have running water in their house and so showering like that is all they ever do. I think he does it to try to humble me, but I just find it annoying. whistling.gif Before living here, I'd never had to worry about how to shower/do laundry/wash dishes/clean without running water... SORRY. mellow.gif

Also, still waiting on the stupid interview. No word yet, but I'm thinking they must be coming to the end of April scheduling, so we probably won't hear anything until the beginning of April, and get stuck with a May date. crying.gif My little brother graduates from high school the first week of June, and I really want to go. Crossing my fingers we'll make it. sad.gif

I'd be pissed if we still didn't have water after a week. I remember back to the hurricanes and winter storms that left people with a well without water for 1-2 weeks and people were besides themselves.

I don't think it should humble you that his grandparents don't have running water. My grandmother in England only had ice cold water and a single coal heater for the house up until the day she died. Doesn't make me any less pissed when the furnace or hot water isn't working.'

Hopefully your interview will come in time. Have you though about flying back first if it doesn't?

3/26/18 Biometrics

The weird thing is my husband is pretty strong and his arms are trim and in shape. It is just his stomach and moobs that have to go. I prefer a built man myself as well. I'm doing the P90X with him, but just with soup cans because we only have one set of bars for the weights. I lost maybe 8 or 10 pounds when I moved here and I put a bit of it back on over the winter, so I'm trying to get back down again. I spend almost every day at the beach in the summer, so it is important to look good.

I hate swimsuits. Lol. My belly and boobs have not been the same since I had my kidlet and I've never been without cellulite (hubs doesn't see it thank god) he's the opposite of your husband I think. Naturally skinny no matter what he eats and carries his weight in his kegs. I love that he's 6'2 and doesn't have chicken legs. Lol. I could use a dose of his high metabolism though. I feel better when I work out, right now its the motivation that's lacking and I'm not sure why.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I hate swimsuits. Lol. My belly and boobs have not been the same since I had my kidlet and I've never been without cellulite (hubs doesn't see it thank god) he's the opposite of your husband I think. Naturally skinny no matter what he eats and carries his weight in his kegs. I love that he's 6'2 and doesn't have chicken legs. Lol. I could use a dose of his high metabolism though. I feel better when I work out, right now its the motivation that's lacking and I'm not sure why.

I find I don't get motivation until I start to feel tight in my clothes or there is a big event coming up that I want to look skinnier for.

I wear something like this at the beach, but it doesn't look as good on me:

AAAAC776A-EAAAAAATac5Q.jpg?v=1299649043000

It hides the after baby stomach. :rofl:

3/26/18 Biometrics

I see a lot of these style swimsuits here in the caribbean on "women".. They hide the baby belly while still allowing the women to "show off" their wares!! FYI, the woman in the photo is 47 years old.. Just thought I'd share for you ladies..

2m7hquq.jpg

Timeline

I'd be pissed if we still didn't have water after a week. I remember back to the hurricanes and winter storms that left people with a well without water for 1-2 weeks and people were besides themselves.

I don't think it should humble you that his grandparents don't have running water. My grandmother in England only had ice cold water and a single coal heater for the house up until the day she died. Doesn't make me any less pissed when the furnace or hot water isn't working.'

Hopefully your interview will come in time. Have you though about flying back first if it doesn't?

I think his family generally thinks I'm high maintenance, because none of them seem the least bit bothered by not having water, but I just can't deal with it.

I would fly back first, but it's really important that I go to the interview with my hubby. Our consulate has a history of denying Ecuadorians that go to the interview alone, and demand that the spouse come to the second interview. I just have to deal with it, I guess, and wait like everyone else, but interview waiting is proving much harder than NOA2 waiting. headbonk.gif

My hubby has a ridiculous metabolism, and it's drives me crazy! He can eat all kinds of nonsense, but I so much as look at something fatty and gain three pounds. laughing.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

I'd have to lose weight to feel comfortable in a monokini. I wear a tankini right now, but I'd like my lower half to be in better shape.

Anyhow. I wouldn't do well without water. I had friends who only had a bathtub and everyone used the same water, it was gross. Ugh.

Timeline

I'd have to lose weight to feel comfortable in a monokini. I wear a tankini right now, but I'd like my lower half to be in better shape.

Anyhow. I wouldn't do well without water. I had friends who only had a bathtub and everyone used the same water, it was gross. Ugh.

blink.gif Ew, that is gross! The last person to take a bath must have gotten really disgusting water... eek. wacko.gif

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

My obese SIL wears a monokini. She wanted to show me pictures and I declined.

My Brazilian nanny used to wash me and her kids in the same tub, kind of the same thing?

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

rant: jagoffs that take advantage of the express lane and employees that say nothing about it

rant two: when scratch offs are poorly laid out and trick me into thinking ive won 50k for three seconds

oldlady.gif

Timeline
My spring allergies have already started kicking in here to. There outa be a law against that to. You shouldn't get a nose going crazy while 6 foot snow banks are outside your door.
A law of nature, perhaps?
Next year maybe just forget the card
She was somewhat sadly miffed that I "forgot" her birthday -- on a bastardly hectic Friday during which I got out late, had to fight the yee-hawwin' yahoo Rodeo-goers to get home, and still arrived within 20 minutes of targeted time.

Q: Why do husbands die first?

A: They WANT to, si man.

More seriously, I don't like it when she cries, which is always for good reason except for PMS and the First Trimester. And she always remembers to get me a card on my birthday, unless she forgets, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
When you are already big, your heart is under a lot of strain, extra weight does not help that. I already know that people his height and body size don't tend to live past 65ish, but I'd like it to be at least that long, yah know?
See this, si ma'am:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1894700/

Read especially the parts starting with "In 1953, [...]," si man. Not a doctor here, but unless there are contraindications, prophylactic aspirin seems to be a life-saver, si man.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
Me: Left30178_456223337941_5804172_n.jpg
Holy mackerel, K. -- you've been sandbagging us. Whereas most women tend to be rather average-looking, only a few get to look like you, see man. And, you're at least a partial rubia? Not fair, no man.

Edited to add: Lest anyone consider the above to be a rant, here is Mrs. T-B. not long ago (but before recentest birthday, si man), see man:

Carino--prettyfoto1--09-04-12.jpg

Edited by TBoneTX