SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They've been planning this for two years? I'd stop replying to texts or answering phone calls until a couple days before her wedding.

planning yes.

theyve actually been engaged since late 2009

no must be late 2010

oldlady.gif

two years and this stuff isn't done yet? omg

RANT:

Totally unorganized people who expect everyone else to do their work for them REALLY piss me the hell off. Ugh.... Thank god it's not my family. LOL!!! I doubt I'll be invited to my brother's wedding.

Huh... Just realized that. Hrm. Not sure how I feel. I would go if I was, but as of right now I doubt I would be. Wow...

Okay going to bed. I don't want to think about it anymore.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
My gas is so bad it would drive him to go right back to bed.
At least he could credit you with intestinal fart-itude, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Snow this morning, snowing again tonight, then a possible big one on Sunday night. I know I live in Minnesnowta, but enough already, we're half way thru March and the snow banks are 6 feet high.
Everyone here is miserable from the tree pollen, snee(ze) man. I wish I owned an antihistamine company, sigh man.

---

Mild Rant: Mrs. T-B.'s birthday today. I give her what I suspect is a romantic card in Spanish (no cheat-translation on back, so had to guess at a lot of the content). Stuck a $50 bill in there. Give her the card. She gushes, "Oh, Carino!" I say, "What does it say?" She says, "It says $50!"

Ciudadana, ciudadana...

Americana siempre.

(Female citizen, female citizen... always an American chica, sigh man.)

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

No, my husband tried that with two of them, one of whom happens to be his friend who is like #30. Mind you, his friend has seen the inside of the apartment before (he even videoed it for me before I moved in) and he worked as a building super trainee in this very complex. His girlfriend won't take no for an answer, though. I don't see why we have to give up so much time for it though, my husband's old apartment in the same complex was taken sight unseen. :angry:

______

My husband has gained weight. He might not live to see tomorrow now that I've seen the scale. I'm putting him on P90X and he will comply since he seems to have no self control. He thinks I'm being bitchy, but I really just don't want to be a young widow and I care about his health. When you are already big, your heart is under a lot of strain, extra weight does not help that. I already know that people his height and body size don't tend to live past 65ish, but I'd like it to be at least that long, yah know?

______

KDH, I'd be so pissed at your sister. You are handling it better than I would. :yes:

Edited by Nola123

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Ermmm, #54 just stopped by. 54!!! They are not supposed to be sending the apartment details out to that many people. :bonk:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Ermmm, #54 just stopped by. 54!!! They are not supposed to be sending the apartment details out to that many people. :bonk:

Set up a decoration right outside the door and put a dead fish in it. When they show up, leave them outside the door for a while so they can get a good smell of it. Then start spraying air freshener on the inside of the door before opening it. When you open it, and they have shocked looks on their faces, say yah that smell is why we're getting out of here.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

two years and this stuff isn't done yet? omg

RANT:

Totally unorganized people who expect everyone else to do their work for them REALLY piss me the hell off. Ugh.... Thank god it's not my family. LOL!!! I doubt I'll be invited to my brother's wedding.

Huh... Just realized that. Hrm. Not sure how I feel. I would go if I was, but as of right now I doubt I would be. Wow...

Okay going to bed. I don't want to think about it anymore.

My sister was not unorganized or last minute.

She was 18 lmfao.

NO ONE was letting her plan a wedding.

We started planning this I think... maybe september-ish last year.

oldlady.gif

Everyone here is miserable from the tree pollen, snee(ze) man. I wish I owned an antihistamine company, sigh man.

---

Mild Rant: Mrs. T-B.'s birthday today. I give her what I suspect is a romantic card in Spanish (no cheat-translation on back, so had to guess at a lot of the content). Stuck a $50 bill in there. Give her the card. She gushes, "Oh, Carino!" I say, "What does it say?" She says, "It says $50!"

Ciudadana, ciudadana...

Americana siempre.

(Female citizen, female citizen... always an American chica, sigh man.)

My spring allergies have already started kicking in here to. There outa be a law against that to. You shouldn't get a nose going crazy while 6 foot snow banks are outside your door.

Next year maybe just forget the card :lol:

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

My husband has gained weight. He might not live to see tomorrow now that I've seen the scale. I'm putting him on P90X and he will comply since he seems to have no self control. He thinks I'm being bitchy, but I really just don't want to be a young widow and I care about his health. When you are already big, your heart is under a lot of strain, extra weight does not help that. I already know that people his height and body size don't tend to live past 65ish, but I'd like it to be at least that long, yah know?

______

KDH, I'd be so pissed at your sister. You are handling it better than I would. :yes:

My husband has gained some weight.

But he's still sexy so I don't mind it.

And I don't care that I am not the MoH I just care that they didn't tell me for this long.

I am only okay now because my sister is TERRIBLE at accepting fault and apologizing and she sent me a very heart-felt apology so, since she sounded like she meant it, I'm fine with it.

oldlady.gif

Kdh you are a different human that's for sure. Imvho, if you're old enough to say yes to the ring you should be old enough and mature enough to plan a wedding, unless you are specifically planning on a long engagement. Weddings do not need to be extensive or expensive. Mine certainly was neither and I loved every minute of it. Some of it was very last minute planned as previous plans fell thru and I wasn't in BC until days before the wedding. But to each their own. As long as everyone is happy, that's all that matters as well. But my rant was not specifically directed at you or your family, just in general how I feel towards a great many people. Your situation simply set off the feeling.

Rant... I hate hubs job at the moment. Because of the hours he's working he tends to not go to bed until 6 or 7 am my time (7 or 8) for him. So he doesn't call. We normally Skype all night. I specifically leave a light on for this. If he was never going to call (internet sucks where he is and he doesn't have the bandwidth to multi task like at home) until I get up i don't see the point in having anything on at all. But I sleep like poo... Either way. I want him to be home. Nor better yet, me to be there too.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Kdh you are a different human that's for sure. Imvho, if you're old enough to say yes to the ring you should be old enough and mature enough to plan a wedding, unless you are specifically planning on a long engagement. Weddings do not need to be extensive or expensive. Mine certainly was neither and I loved every minute of it. Some of it was very last minute planned as previous plans fell thru and I wasn't in BC until days before the wedding. But to each their own. As long as everyone is happy, that's all that matters as well. But my rant was not specifically directed at you or your family, just in general how I feel towards a great many people. Your situation simply set off the feeling.

Rant... I hate hubs job at the moment. Because of the hours he's working he tends to not go to bed until 6 or 7 am my time (7 or 8) for him. So he doesn't call. We normally Skype all night. I specifically leave a light on for this. If he was never going to call (internet sucks where he is and he doesn't have the bandwidth to multi task like at home) until I get up i don't see the point in having anything on at all. But I sleep like poo... Either way. I want him to be home. Nor better yet, me to be there too.

They intended on a long engagement from the beginning, so we're good there lmao.

My sister knew she was not financially stable (or emotionally for that matter) but she knew she loved him and wanted to be committed to him for the long run.

He's finally landed him a full time job (in my company, actually) and my sister manages to hold down part time there as well so they finally set a date.

They were also planning in tandem with a friend because they're flying in from australia and I guess they're like my sister's best friends so she and her fiance wanted them there.

And it's not that my sister is not mature enough to plan a wedding, but she is bipolar with a service dog.

She gets overly stressed out and anything can set her off so we offered 2+ years ago.

Me: Left

Sister: Center

MoH: Right

30178_456223337941_5804172_n.jpg

Black dog is NOT mine, only for picture

Also, that pic is like 3 years old.

oldlady.gif

I guess there are only 3 days left of his job being like this. Suck it up princess! To me: :bonk:

Lol that's awesome she has a service dog. I actually want to train dogs for a living when I move to the USA. Maybe become a vet tech. Lol. I'll prolly just end up working at petsmart or something like that.

Edited by NikiR