SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I don't even care if it's just a spray tan, it's just a ridiculous message.

I think I SERIOUSLY feel a tiny bit bad about being pale after I see these commercials.

Really? I don't feel bad. I'm Northern European, I'm supposed to be pale. It is what looks natural and best on me. If we all looked tan it would take some colors out of the human "rainbow". To me, it is almost as silly as people who bleach their skin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQgSB2E9S_o

I wish people would just love themselves. (L)

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Really? I don't feel bad. I'm Northern European, I'm supposed to be pale. It is what looks natural and best on me. If we all looked tan it would take some colors out of the human "rainbow". To me, it is almost as silly as people who bleach their skin.

My wife always wants to bleach her skin so she's white. Looking whiter is really big in the Philippines, even when they have beautiful brown skin that many Caucasians kill themselves for in tanning booths. When she still lived in the Philippines, she continued to use skin whitening products, even though she knew I didn't want her to. It was obvious by how red they made her face. Now that shes in the USA, getting those products isn't so easy and she's finally given up using them. I never even knew she had freckles on her nose until after she got here, because the skin bleaching removed them.

When you're in the Philippines, its not uncommon to see a woman with a very white face, then the neck suddenly turns to brown. It looks really ugly to me, but they seem to think its beautiful because its white :wacko: To me it looks like a clown

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQgSB2E9S_o

I said a tiny bit.

Like the teensie tiniest bit.

Mostly, I'm just disgusted that commercials like that exist.

However, I WILL say I find it funny that it's Chloe Kardashian that says you look 10lbs lighter.

/giggle

oldlady.gif

Timeline

"you may not remove your backup funding while an instant transfer is still pending"

Instant....

Pending....

Does anyone else see the contradiction here?

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

Timeline

My wife always wants to bleach her skin so she's white. Looking whiter is really big in the Philippines, even when they have beautiful brown skin that many Caucasians kill themselves for in tanning booths. When she still lived in the Philippines, she continued to use skin whitening products, even though she knew I didn't want her to. It was obvious by how red they made her face. Now that shes in the USA, getting those products isn't so easy and she's finally given up using them. I never even knew she had freckles on her nose until after she got here, because the skin bleaching removed them.

When you're in the Philippines, its not uncommon to see a woman with a very white face, then the neck suddenly turns to brown. It looks really ugly to me, but they seem to think its beautiful because its white :wacko: To me it looks like a clown

I'm glad you got her to stop. :thumbs:

I said a tiny bit.

Like the teensie tiniest bit.

Mostly, I'm just disgusted that commercials like that exist.

However, I WILL say I find it funny that it's Chloe Kardashian that says you look 10lbs lighter.

/giggle

I think most of the fashion and beauty industries just continually send out this wrong message of "skinny, big boobs, and blond" is the only way to go. I've been mostly isolated from it since I moved to DK, so I almost forget it exists. :unsure:

Lol, Khloe is obviously someone else's child.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

I want it to be SATURDAAAAAAAY.

Today is pay day and tomorrow is the day I go and shop for ####### for my sister's centerpieces.

At the same time, I'm going to grocery shop because I am price matching A LOT of stuff this week.

Normally, I have like 10 things on my 8x11 piece of paper.

Last night, I almost ran out of ROOM on this thing!

It's gonna be one big shopping day.

And tomorrow is a shower day too so I'm even going to look decent.

MAYBE I'll even put on some makeup and wear something other than a hoodie.

WHO KNOWS.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I think most of the fashion and beauty industries just continually send out this wrong message of "skinny, big boobs, and blond" is the only way to go. I've been mostly isolated from it since I moved to DK, so I almost forget it exists. :unsure:

Oh I totally agree, but this commercial takes it to a whole new level.

It's not just a commercial featuring overly skinny beautiful girls, but they are literally SAYING you will feel better about yourself if you get a tan.

WHAT?!

And I've gotten a few spray tans in my life, so I'm not completely biased here.

It's because I was going on vacation to Canada (hilarious now that I think about it) and I don't tan at ALL or even BURN and I thought it would be fun.

I was going with my family, so it's not like I was trying to impress my little sister with my tan beach bod -_-

oldlady.gif

I'm glad she stopped to. She kept saying she did over when she still lived in the Philippines, but I could tell she hadn't. She may have with the harsher bleaches, but its near impossible to buy a face cream that does not whiten in her country. There is still one product that uses a natural whitener (Papaya) that she uses. Its her deodorant and it prevents her arm pits from getting dark. I don't make an issue of it, because she's given up all the other whitening products with the harsh chemicals.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope you meant HR.

I'm not sure she's being abused so bad she needs an emergency room :rofl:

OOPS - me bad! Yes, I meant the HR department. :blush: Hopefully the situation never develops to the point where she is required to seek ER attention .:P

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

OOPS - me bad! Yes, I meant the HR department. :blush: Hopefully the situation never develops to the point where she is required to seek ER attention .:P

But maybe it can develop to the point her boss needs to seek ER attention. :devil:

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

But maybe it can develop to the point her boss needs to seek ER attention. :devil:

The way he's handling things lately, that is a definite possibility whistling.gif

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

Steve leaves. Thread dies.

:cry2::crying:

3/26/18 Biometrics