SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

wouldnt it be faster to ask in the regional forum?

I'm not asking, none of the Scandos knew whether you could or not. I'm just bitching. ;)

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Rant: If I have to deal with my boss any longer, I'm going to have a break down.

Does anyone know if I can quit and still receive unemployment compensation? My employer singles me out, restricts me on normal employee privledges (i.e. denying me company laptop on a work assignment) and abuses his power over me. He told me when he converted my status that he "couldn't keep paying me to do nothing" yet everyone else in the office is doing nothing as well yet their status has not changed. He now treats me like an intern not an employee. In other words, hostile work environment does not even begin to describe it. I'm sick to my stomach all the time from this nonsense. I don't want to quit for fear of losing my unemployment but I also have to think about my sanity. He's made me feel like my experience is nonexistent and I am a useless person to this company.

I'm so miserable. :cry:

They will usually do that so you quit so they don't have to worry about paying out on unemployment.

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Rant: If I have to deal with my boss any longer, I'm going to have a break down.

Does anyone know if I can quit and still receive unemployment compensation? My employer singles me out, restricts me on normal employee privledges (i.e. denying me company laptop on a work assignment) and abuses his power over me. He told me when he converted my status that he "couldn't keep paying me to do nothing" yet everyone else in the office is doing nothing as well yet their status has not changed. He now treats me like an intern not an employee. In other words, hostile work environment does not even begin to describe it. I'm sick to my stomach all the time from this nonsense. I don't want to quit for fear of losing my unemployment but I also have to think about my sanity. He's made me feel like my experience is nonexistent and I am a useless person to this company.

It's called 'Constructive Wrongful Dismissal' - they try to make the working conditions/environment so intolerable that you quit instead of them firing you or letting you go and having to pay you any sort of severance pay. It is also illegal in many places, so you would have to check and see what the Employment Standards are for your state. Start documenting EVERYTHING. Keep a notebook diary of events, comments, assignments, lack of assignments, abuses and if you have them, physical evidence of the same. Your employer is a bully. When you have your evidence collected, go to the ER department, if you have one, or a personnel manager. If there is no one appropriate, then you can check and see if you have any legal options, but you may also want to start looking for other employment so that if you are put into such untenable situations - and your employer will probably keep upping the ante until you do break or you get him called short on his behaviour - you won't have to jump blindly from the fire into the frying pan, but land on your feet in another position, hopefully one that pays better and welcomes your expertise. You may also want to determine if it is really worth it to you to seek legal redress or just cut your losses and move on to that better job you find. Then you can have the satisfaction of letting him know exactly why you are leaving when you hand in your letter of resignation. (I was in those circumstances myself many years ago and that is what I did - and I have never regretted either moving on, nor writing exactly and in detail why I was leaving).

Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I think it was self preservation that sent him to get them :rofl:
He sees, man, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
Because he's LAZY that's why

Also, I'm pretty sure he's paranoid that if he works all day then I'll run off and cheat on him

Mrs. T-B. has a rojo that I can offer you. :lol:

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
I hate always having to clean something. The dishes, the floor, the laundry, the desk, the bathroom etc etc etc.... Why can't sh*t just stay clean or why can't someone else do it?

One day I want to make a lot of money and have a maid.

Within hours after Mrs. T-B. became a citizen, she was fishing for this, sigh man. Certainly not a coincidence, no man. And I already do the dishes & laundry, si man. Edited by TBoneTX

What was the change in status you mentioned? A major change in your employment terms can also be considered a valid reason to quit and get unemployment in many states.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I emailed the embassy today to hear if I could go to the interview too.

They haven't emailed me back.

Wandering around cold boring Stockholm at 9 am is going to be SOOOO exciting.

USC are always welcome to enter our embassies, but being at the interview varies with location. You many find yourself bored sitting there, but you should be able to at least sit with him while he waits.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

What was the change in status you mentioned? A major change in your employment terms can also be considered a valid reason to quit and get unemployment in many states.

I was changed from full time to temporary. First my hours were being gradually cut and then I was notified of the change in status months later.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

It's called 'Constructive Wrongful Dismissal' - they try to make the working conditions/environment so intolerable that you quit instead of them firing you or letting you go and having to pay you any sort of severance pay. It is also illegal in many places, so you would have to check and see what the Employment Standards are for your state. Start documenting EVERYTHING. Keep a notebook diary of events, comments, assignments, lack of assignments, abuses and if you have them, physical evidence of the same. Your employer is a bully. When you have your evidence collected, go to the ER department, if you have one, or a personnel manager. If there is no one appropriate, then you can check and see if you have any legal options, but you may also want to start looking for other employment so that if you are put into such untenable situations - and your employer will probably keep upping the ante until you do break or you get him called short on his behaviour - you won't have to jump blindly from the fire into the frying pan, but land on your feet in another position, hopefully one that pays better and welcomes your expertise. You may also want to determine if it is really worth it to you to seek legal redress or just cut your losses and move on to that better job you find. Then you can have the satisfaction of letting him know exactly why you are leaving when you hand in your letter of resignation. (I was in those circumstances myself many years ago and that is what I did - and I have never regretted either moving on, nor writing exactly and in detail why I was leaving).

Good luck.

Kathryn, you're absolutely right about the documentation. The good news is I have been documenting everything since this behavior started. I have printed out emails and made a note of every event that has occurred for the last 4 months. I have been looking for work since my status change and I also have been receiving partial unemployment in between work assignments.

I have an interview next week good.gif

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck.

I hope you meant HR.

I'm not sure she's being abused so bad she needs an emergency room :rofl:

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Ok here's a ridiculous rant.

I'm not a person that runs around screaming "the media is brainwashing us"

But there's these (2) "Zoom Tan" commercials that seriously act like they are TRYING to make you feel bad about yourself!

LIKE #######!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGn68BVk8sE

"Having a tan is something that every girl wants. It makes you look skinnier, it makes you look better."

"Everyone looks better and 10lbs thinner when you have a tan"

"You always want a tan: you feel good about yourself"

I just found this one.

Gee, I wonder why it was NEVER USED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77yNE2rPIp0

Probably because this business has a crapass reputation

I can't get the kardashian one to embedd but it's the worst one IMO

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

But there's these (2) "Zoom Tan" commercials that seriously act like they are TRYING to make you feel bad about yourself!

LIKE #######!

"Having a tan is something that every girl wants. It makes you look skinnier, it makes you look better."

I just found this one.

Cancer tan?

:whistle:

Edited by Nola123

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Cancer tan?

:whistle:

I don't even care if it's just a spray tan, it's just a ridiculous message.

I think I SERIOUSLY feel a tiny bit bad about being pale after I see these commercials.

oldlady.gif

OMG You don't have a tan? How do you even manage to live?

After all we know that this is beautiful

Sun-tan-lady1.jpg

LIKE #######!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGn68BVk8sE

I just found this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77yNE2rPIp0

K1 from the Philippines
AOS