SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

OMG I LOVE THAT lmao.

My MIL just stopped by with a pizza.

TY MIL!

When I'm in the Philippines, my MIL is always so nice. She makes this dish special for me where they bake a whole milk fish (head and all), then carefully remove everything inside the skin. Separate the bones from the from the flesh then grind up all the flesh. This is mixed with spices and a little bit of vegetables and stuffed back into the skin, then grill it. Its a real treat there and a ton of work to make. I don't have the heart to tell her I don't like this dish. So I just eat it and smile and tell her its really good :lol:

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When I'm in the Philippines, my MIL is always so nice. She makes this dish special for me where they bake a whole milk fish (head and all), then carefully remove everything inside the skin. Separate the bones from the from the flesh then grind up all the flesh. This is mixed with spices and a little bit of vegetables and stuffed back into the skin, then grill it. Its a real treat there and a ton of work to make. I don't have the heart to tell her I don't like this dish. So I just eat it and smile and tell her its really good :lol:

You lost me at fish

icon-puke.gif

oldlady.gif

I hate always having to clean something. The dishes, the floor, the laundry, the desk, the bathroom etc etc etc.... Why can't sh*t just stay clean or why can't someone else do it?

One day I want to make a lot of money and have a maid. :)

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I hate always having to clean something. The dishes, the floor, the laundry, the desk, the bathroom etc etc etc.... Why can't sh*t just stay clean or why can't someone else do it?

One day I want to make a lot of money and have a maid. :)

I miss having a once a week cleaning lady. Even having just a day off from it is a relief.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Someone to vacuum and wash the floors and just tidy up would be nice.

Funny part is I hate doing laundry here, but really don't mind when I'm with hubs. But I always have, and always will hate washing dishes.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Non-rant: Just saw a commercial for Honey Boo-Boo on Danish TV. It is coming! Oh, the things they will think about Americans now.

Someone to vacuum and wash the floors and just tidy up would be nice.

Funny part is I hate doing laundry here, but really don't mind when I'm with hubs. But I always have, and always will hate washing dishes.

I don't mind cleaning, but it is every day otherwise the house implodes. Messy husband + messy child = messy house.

3/26/18 Biometrics

People don't have laundry manners, I hate that.

In our old apartment, someone knocked on my door and asked me to remove the clothes from the dryer. That should count as decent laundry manners because I'd really get furious if a neighbor would dare touch any piece of clothing I own. The next time we moved, I made sure that we'd have our own washer and dryer.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

I think have to go buy more yeast. So annoying.. my break is NOT turning out okay.

Timeline

I emailed the embassy today to hear if I could go to the interview too.

They haven't emailed me back.

Wandering around cold boring Stockholm at 9 am is going to be SOOOO exciting.

3/26/18 Biometrics

omfg.. I meant BREAD..

yeesh! ow ow ow...

/beat vJ with a stick for making most of her posts and PMs "undefined"

Timeline

I emailed the embassy today to hear if I could go to the interview too.

They haven't emailed me back.

Wandering around cold boring Stockholm at 9 am is going to be SOOOO exciting.

wouldnt it be faster to ask in the regional forum?

oldlady.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Rant: If I have to deal with my boss any longer, I'm going to have a break down.

Does anyone know if I can quit and still receive unemployment compensation? My employer singles me out, restricts me on normal employee privledges (i.e. denying me company laptop on a work assignment) and abuses his power over me. He told me when he converted my status that he "couldn't keep paying me to do nothing" yet everyone else in the office is doing nothing as well yet their status has not changed. He now treats me like an intern not an employee. In other words, hostile work environment does not even begin to describe it. I'm sick to my stomach all the time from this nonsense. I don't want to quit for fear of losing my unemployment but I also have to think about my sanity. He's made me feel like my experience is nonexistent and I am a useless person to this company.

I'm so miserable. :cry:

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

Rant: If I have to deal with my boss any longer, I'm going to have a break down.

Does anyone know if I can quit and still receive unemployment compensation? My employer singles me out, restricts me on normal employee privledges (i.e. denying me company laptop on a work assignment) and abuses his power over me. He told me when he converted my status that he "couldn't keep paying me to do nothing" yet everyone else in the office is doing nothing as well yet their status has not changed. He now treats me like an intern not an employee. In other words, hostile work environment does not even begin to describe it. I'm sick to my stomach all the time from this nonsense. I don't want to quit for fear of losing my unemployment but I also have to think about my sanity. He's made me feel like my experience is nonexistent and I am a useless person to this company.

I'm so miserable. :cry:

typically yes due to hostile environment but idk how you prove it

it varies by state

oldlady.gif