SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

My mom used to eat toast every morning.

My body wants to see what its like to tear itself in half at the middle. C'mon advil and kick in. I'll settle for a dull ache even. It's a good and bad thing I'm off today. Bad because I like to do things ob my day off... Good because I'm not missing work. Today would have been a sick day. This reminds me of missing class in college. I used to have to take buscopan for this. Yay horse pain killer's.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My assistant is beginning to know me a little too well.

[8:28:42 AM] Krystal: and did you see ANOTHER order came in

[8:28:54 AM] Elizabeth: 1 table throw lol

[8:29:04 AM] Krystal: idc if it was for a stick of gum

[8:29:06 AM] Krystal: woman is cuckoo

[8:29:22 AM] Elizabeth: lol did that make u laugh while you typed stick of gum?

[8:29:30 AM] Krystal: maybe =X

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Because he's LAZY that's why

Also, I'm pretty sure he's paranoid that if he works all day then I'll run off and cheat on him

This is how I picture this:

13014-69kybtqy9wznb9ythz5m.jpg

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :angry: :angry:

I've had another laundry room issue. Mind you, it is perfectly acceptable to take 4 washers when no one else has booked them and all the slots are wide open - so I took 4 washers because I have 8 loads of laundry to do (it is wash the comforters day). I go down to put in my second round and lo and behold...someone is taking 8 washers worth of laundry out of a truck from Brabrand (immigrant part of town). They booked one of my sets of washers and then it was on... I booked one of the washers they had already put clothes into but not started. We got into a Danglish fight.... such is the language of choice in the laundry room.

Days I wish my husband could be around...he is a scary dude. :protest:

In general the locals are rough, but the immigrants are incredibly pushy and rude and the Danes nary say a word to them about their poor behavior. I have no such qualms, especially when it is obvious that your laundry didn't come from your apartment but from a truck from the opposite side of town. :ranting: I didn't think they expected me to say anything to them. :diablo:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I've had another laundry room issue. Mind you, it is perfectly acceptable to take 4 washers when no one else has booked them and all the slots are wide open - so I took 4 washers because I have 8 loads of laundry to do (it is wash the comforters day). I go down to put in my second round and lo and behold...someone is taking 8 washers worth of laundry out of a truck from Brabrand (immigrant part of town). They booked one of my sets of washers and then it was on... I booked one of the washers they had already put clothes into but not started. We got into a Danglish fight.... such is the language of choice in the laundry room.

In general the locals are rough, but the immigrants are incredibly pushy and rude and the Danes nary say a word to them about their poor behavior. I have no such qualms, especially when it is obvious that your laundry didn't come from your apartment but from a truck from the opposite side of town. :ranting: I didn't think they expected me to say anything to them. :diablo:

In my old building we only had (1) (only 4 apts) and the dryer was free.

I went down to move my clothes from the washer to the dryer one evening.

It was like 930pm and I was driving to the states the next day.

I find the f*cking lady from NEXT DOOR putting her sh*t in the dryer.

I'm like uhm... hi... yeah, i'm doing laundry.

And she pulls that damn 'i'm old feel bad for me'

I mean she's like 60 really i didn't feel bad.

but I still gave her the damn thing and had to wait another 45 minutes to put my load in.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Timeline

omg i missed this part of your post and that is exactly my point. One time even two times, I understand but if its 4th or 5th...you mean it so man up and at least tell me don't beat around the bushes, if you must complain.

I'm not sure if I understood you... Does he expect both of you to sleep in one single bed?

So I've got an advice: if the bed stands along the wall, you should pick the spot closer to the wall, and "accidentally" throw him off the bed every night ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

In my old building we only had (1) (only 4 apts) and the dryer was free.

I went down to move my clothes from the washer to the dryer one evening.

It was like 930pm and I was driving to the states the next day.

I find the f*cking lady from NEXT DOOR putting her sh*t in the dryer.

I'm like uhm... hi... yeah, i'm doing laundry.

And she pulls that damn 'i'm old feel bad for me'

I mean she's like 60 really i didn't feel bad.

but I still gave her the damn thing and had to wait another 45 minutes to put my load in.

People don't have laundry manners, I hate that.

It is a little different in our building because you can only really wash clothes from 7-9am, 10-12am, 1-3 pm and then from 4-6 pm. However, if you leave the washer for 10 minutes after it is done, it cancels your whole reservation. Common laundry courtesy is to let the person with the slot have a chance to finish their laundry slot when it is only halfway through. Bad manners = booking their slot midway through because it took them 10 minutes to do it. He booked it AS I was removing my clothes, so he knew. Asshat.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I'm not sure if I understood you... Does he expect both of you to sleep in one single bed?

So I've got an advice: if the bed stands along the wall, you should pick the spot closer to the wall, and "accidentally" throw him off the bed every night ;)

Well, yes...since when I am there he doesn't know I am IN the bed since I hold on basically to the side of it, awake whole night. When I couldn't do it anymore, I went all...dog bed on the floor lol He sometimes forgets there is two of us.

Which is why he better not joke about how difficult it is for him to have to sleep on a futon from Ikea or I might just go all wrathful on him :)

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

People don't have laundry manners, I hate that.

10 minutes to do it. He booked it AS I was removing my clothes, so he knew. Asshat.

Once, I had my laundry in for 10 extra minutes (just did not count the timing right) and someone took all the wet clothes out and threw them on the floor. That was a lot of fun. Bastards.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I don't know if maybe I'm weird, but the Spanish doesn't bother me too much, I mean we have Puerto Rico as a territory and English is not the official language of America. Mind you, my Spanish is limited mostly to miming, but it gets the job done. :rofl: Although, I do think it is a wise choice that everyone involved with customers should be able to speak at least understandable English.

We were having some work done on our house and the construction foreman was I think Ecuadorian?, but he had lived in Connecticut for about 18 years. He tried to have a conversation with me and I had to just give up at a certain point. 18 years and you have no excuses for not learning enough English to have a conversation.

:unsure: *hides* Actually, you should see the dirty looks I get here now that I've lived here about 7 months and am not at an advanced level in Danish. You'd think I was dirt or something. For the first few months people would try and stay in English for me, but you pass the 4 month mark and it is like 90% Danish even with people who are perfectly comfortable in English. :crying: In one way it is harsh given that most of them studied English for at least 10 years and watch English TV shows and movies and they expect me to catch up quickly, but in another way, I almost wish we did that in America to foreigners. It is sort of an assimilate or GTFO thing.

Nobody here has the ability to speak English, so I definitely was forced to learn. But you're right, I would prefer people were like that in the States - made foreigners learn English, I mean. Seriously, though, if I moved down here and refused to speak English, everyone would tell me to f#(% off. I don't see why it should be any different in the USA.

RANT: Water has STILL not arrived. We've been brushing out teeth with bottle water for the past three days. I'm about to lose it. mellow.gif Also, my MIL has apparently turned into a vet overnight, along with her other long list of professions. Our bulldog had a rash last night, and she raved on and on about it being something he'd eaten (which would be the same brand of dog food he's eaten for his entire life), and apparently after we went to bed she gave him an allergy pill. As in, a human allergy pill. Luckily he was fine this morning, but a very cruel part of me almost wishes he'd died just so I could throw it in her face and scream at her for being such a pompous moron. dry.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Luckily he was fine this morning, but a very cruel part of me almost wishes he'd died just so I could throw it in her face and scream at her for being such a pompous moron. dry.gif

:rofl: that is cruel indeed.

When they're not looking later, throw a lipstick into their clothes while they're in the drier. Use a nice bright red one.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Here Nola.. If this ever happens again, there is a prewritten note, just for you!

passive-aggressive-20.jpg?w=499&h=411

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss