SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Exactly! When I graduated from high school, it seemed that people only pursued a graduate degree if they wanted to teach.

Not to say that I don't want to pursue higher education. I just can't right now in the middle of all this immigration hullabuloo.

In a another few years an M.S. will be equivalent to a B.S. and all jobs will want to see a Ph.D.! I've already seen non-teaching/non-research positions in my field asking for a Ph.D.

ARRGGHHH! When will it end??? :bonk:

Funny story, when my mother started working as a physicist, you just need a BS or you could work as an assistant one with just a minor. Then, in the 90s you needed a MS and now they won't hire anyone without a PhD and 15 years of experience. She doesn't hold an academic position or research, she works in a hospital basically doing dose calculations on x-ray machines, something I could do when I was 10. :blink:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

My BS in math is going to be done in December and I doubt I can get a job without an MS or finishing the stupid actuarial exams....

Back in the day, a BS = a good job, now a BS = a GED

That's great....(your MS, not the GED part). No shame in a GED either...

The water's a little cold isn't it?

My boat is homeless because of sandy...

When I moved to New Jersey I had a custom 5/3mm wet suit made for me so I could surf during the winter here. I have worn it in water 28F and I was still all nice and toasty! The only weakness is I need to get some thicket booties and gloves.

I hate that my left hamstring won't un-cramp!

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Yes. :whistle:

Oh my gosh hahaha. :lol: I wish I had known! I would have invited you over for a furniture-building extravaganza!

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Not quite sure when the store manager expects all the summer seasonal to be out by. It's F**KING FEBRUARY! Dude... Seriously? Not to mention we have 3 full time employees and 2 part time in our dept. Every other dept has more people. But yet we have the biggest change over ALL the time. I have 10 carts of stock to work, 5 skids, 16 more waiting in receiving because I have NO WHERE to put them... I need to merch 2 aisles and I am the only person on from 7am - noon. I often don't take breaks and oh yeah, I'm a supervisor so if there's a call for manager at a friggin till I most likely have to run up there because I'm "closest" and the others are busy actually doing their work. If I happen to ignore the call, they specifically ask me to go do it. The only benefit to all of this CARP that I see is a great letter of recommendation for when I move in like 4-5 months. Today I was surviving on 3.5 hrs of sleep, because I just couldn't sleep from 1:30 to just after 4am... Dunno why?!

Oh and a travel clinic that I received my Hep A shots at have no record of me ever getting them. AWESOME!!!! How important is it to have the hep A for immigration? /headdesk

Oh and my last rant... It was mine and the hubs birthday yesterday. I sent him 2 "special" emails with "Happy Birthday" wishes in them.... I get told when he's home from class "I opened the one email and I could get fired for that." That's it. No, hey thanks or Oh wow what a beautiful wonderful wife I have... Just, I could get fired because the emails went in the wrong order and I didn't figure out both may have been NSFW. (one was labelled such... the other said Oh yea and... ) I should not have to ASK if he's opened said email. Or liked them... Or anything of that nature. I do expect a positive comment afterwards, without asking... Is that too much??? crying.gif

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I just created a new topic. Why don't I see it? Do they have to be moderated before they get posted?

<shrugs>

Not quite sure when the store manager expects all the summer seasonal to be out by. It's F**KING FEBRUARY! Dude... Seriously? Not to mention we have 3 full time employees and 2 part time in our dept. Every other dept has more people. But yet we have the biggest change over ALL the time. I have 10 carts of stock to work, 5 skids, 16 more waiting in receiving because I have NO WHERE to put them... I need to merch 2 aisles and I am the only person on from 7am - noon. I often don't take breaks and oh yeah, I'm a supervisor so if there's a call for manager at a friggin till I most likely have to run up there because I'm "closest" and the others are busy actually doing their work. If I happen to ignore the call, they specifically ask me to go do it. The only benefit to all of this CARP that I see is a great letter of recommendation for when I move in like 4-5 months. Today I was surviving on 3.5 hrs of sleep, because I just couldn't sleep from 1:30 to just after 4am... Dunno why?!

Oh and a travel clinic that I received my Hep A shots at have no record of me ever getting them. AWESOME!!!! How important is it to have the hep A for immigration? /headdesk

Oh and my last rant... It was mine and the hubs birthday yesterday. I sent him 2 "special" emails with "Happy Birthday" wishes in them.... I get told when he's home from class "I opened the one email and I could get fired for that." That's it. No, hey thanks or Oh wow what a beautiful wonderful wife I have... Just, I could get fired because the emails went in the wrong order and I didn't figure out both may have been NSFW. (one was labelled such... the other said Oh yea and... ) I should not have to ASK if he's opened said email. Or liked them... Or anything of that nature. I do expect a positive comment afterwards, without asking... Is that too much??? crying.gif

Niki you've gotta be the best ranter here lol. Your rants put ours to shame lol..........

Funny story, when my mother started working as a physicist, you just need a BS or you could work as an assistant one with just a minor. Then, in the 90s you needed a MS and now they won't hire anyone without a PhD and 15 years of experience. She doesn't hold an academic position or research, she works in a hospital basically doing dose calculations on x-ray machines, something I could do when I was 10. :blink:

See? I told you guys that Nola is the rich nerdy kid that should be picked on.........

Timeline

Exactly! When I graduated from high school, it seemed that people only pursued a graduate degree if they wanted to teach.

Not to say that I don't want to pursue higher education. I just can't right now in the middle of all this immigration hullabuloo.

In a another few years an M.S. will be equivalent to a B.S. and all jobs will want to see a Ph.D.! I've already seen non-teaching/non-research positions in my field asking for a Ph.D.

ARRGGHHH! When will it end??? :bonk:

I was just reading an article about that too....companies want a degree for admin positions...

When I moved to New Jersey I had a custom 5/3mm wet suit made for me so I could surf during the winter here. I have worn it in water 28F and I was still all nice and toasty! The only weakness is I need to get some thicket booties and gloves.

I hate that my left hamstring won't un-cramp!

Wow man. That's hardcore surfing...

You are an awesome wife! That's a great gift :yes:

I do that occasionally for the husband as well.

Also happy birthday!

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Next week, I will rant about my cat vomiting everywhere.
Have you contributed to this august thread & poll (even though 'tis but February, si man), huh man?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/356713-cat-barf-si-man/

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Wow man. That's hardcore surfing...
Has anyone here not hardcore-surfed this thread (rife with subdued rants), huh man?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/382775-mrs-t-b-the-citizenship-test/

If memory serves, post #52 is one of the best of the best, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

you only need proof of Hep A if you are between the ages of 12 months to 23 months..

http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/Immunizations.htm

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

you only need proof of Hep A if you are between the ages of 12 months to 23 months..

http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/Immunizations.htm

Thanks for sharing that :thumbs:

I was all worried we'd have to get my husband Hep A and meningitis vaccines.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you contributed to this august thread & poll (even though 'tis but February, si man), huh man?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/356713-cat-barf-si-man/

That is HILARIOUS.

I did state that the cat barfs on the wood floor.

She TRIES to barf on the carpet, but never succeeds because we pick her up and move her.

She also tries to stand on my husband and barf on him while he sleeps but she always gets launched.

For my rant: I hate when people try and make me follow the rules of the thread.

oldlady.gif