SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Ok so, I am going to be really selfish - I did not read any of the posts before but I need to rant so just let me rant sorry if i am like cutting into some current rant chain.

rant: Ok so it seriously pisses me off when my fiance is an insensitive jerk making fun out of things he really should not. The story is...he lives with his parents (atm) so he has one room and single bed. Every time I flew in to visit him

or say the first 3 times....I tried really hard to share the bed with him until I basically couldn't take it anymore because i was hanging off the bed and eventually I slept laying on my shoulder so much that I was unable to lift my arms...seriously.

So then I said ok...we need a solution....but he is not very change prone so I took matters into my own hands and created a nest in the corner of the room between a night stand and trash bin and his desk, using the dog's bed and a cover

so the floor is not so hard. Ok I survived whatever - don't get me started on the fan he just HAS to have on since he doesn't want to hear noise from the street so the fan is loud as hell and i need quiet aka...either way I did not sleep at all and

ended up sleeping during the day while he was at work feeling like #######. ANYWAYS...so now I say..ok i know we have to stay with your parents for a while but that means we need a bed to sleep on i am not sleeping in the corner. Its crazy.

"uh ok yah" so I say ok...well in order to not spend money lets get Ikea futon for now its much cheaper and we split the costs (I have a thing with money and feel like we both need to contribute equally or rather ...I always need to contribute

more so nobody can make me feel bad because they gave me something and use it against me...long story).

So he says ok, we pick the color, i am happy about it so i dont have to freak about stuff as much ....and now every now and then he throws in a little comment "oh goodbye my back" (his bed is 17 years old ffs) and then later on " I find my bed really

damn comfortable" and its been pushing the wrong kinds of buttons and now he emails me and at the end says "oh 11pm time to go to sleep in the most comfortable bed in the whole world"..... I get it ok, it might have been a joke

but just not the right time or thing to joke about. I have been freaking out about this huge move for a while now because I know i will have to be the "bread winner" so to speak ...or mainly me and since I wont be able to work right away and

i dont even know if i will be able to find a good job .....I am really scared so just frikin shutting up about the stupid bed as a way to show me he is ready to make some sort of sacrifice would be nice damn it.

I am on edge what can i say uh. Damn it.

Yeah I can see how that would get annoying really quickly. But then again, he´s just kidding so maybe try not to take it so seriously.. or let him know how you feel.

Just out of curiousity, why are you going to have to be the breawinner? (is he in school?)

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS
02/05/13 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
02/14/13 - I-130 delivered
02/19/13 - NOA1 email, routed to NBC smile.png
03/29/13 - NOA2! (38 days from NOA1)
04/03/13 - Shipped to NVC

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received
04/17/13 - Case number and IIN received
04/17/13 - Sent DS3032 email
04/23/13 - AoS fee invoiced and paid
04/24/13 - Resent DS3032 (Supervisor review), accepted within the hour

04/25/13 - IV fee invoiced

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

04/30/13 - IV and AOS packages sent together

05/02/13 - Packages delivered

05/13/13 - Expedite request sent

05/14/13 - IV packet accepted

05/16/13 - Expedite granted

05/21/13 - Case sent to embassy

Embassy

05/24/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to DHL)

05/29/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to embassy) Interview date scheduled!

06/05/13 - Medical

06/14/13 - Interview - APPROVED!

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

I know you are right. It is just ...he makes the same joke over and over until it gets on my nerves and i get pissed off lol

Well, he never finished high school so his earning ability is not so high, currently he is making 15k and unless something changes dramatically...like him deciding to get his GED ....it will be up to me. I've been making 60k a year at my previous job and I am the go getter in this relationship so to speak, kind of the type to jump off the cliff and handle it as i go - so it is pretty much up to me. Don't get me wrong this is not something I did not know before and I accept the responsibility but would appreciate someone else seeing it as such rather than complaining.

Thanks for reading my rant btw helps to hear someone give me their perspective. I know I sometimes take things too seriously. /sigh

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok so, I am going to be really selfish - I did not read any of the posts before but I need to rant so just let me rant sorry if i am like cutting into some current rant chain.

rant: Ok so it seriously pisses me off when my fiance is an insensitive jerk making fun out of things he really should not. The story is...he lives with his parents (atm) so he has one room and single bed. Every time I flew in to visit him

or say the first 3 times....I tried really hard to share the bed with him until I basically couldn't take it anymore because i was hanging off the bed and eventually I slept laying on my shoulder so much that I was unable to lift my arms...seriously.

So then I said ok...we need a solution....but he is not very change prone so I took matters into my own hands and created a nest in the corner of the room between a night stand and trash bin and his desk, using the dog's bed and a cover

so the floor is not so hard. Ok I survived whatever - don't get me started on the fan he just HAS to have on since he doesn't want to hear noise from the street so the fan is loud as hell and i need quiet aka...either way I did not sleep at all and

ended up sleeping during the day while he was at work feeling like #######. ANYWAYS...so now I say..ok i know we have to stay with your parents for a while but that means we need a bed to sleep on i am not sleeping in the corner. Its crazy.

"uh ok yah" so I say ok...well in order to not spend money lets get Ikea futon for now its much cheaper and we split the costs (I have a thing with money and feel like we both need to contribute equally or rather ...I always need to contribute

more so nobody can make me feel bad because they gave me something and use it against me...long story).

So he says ok, we pick the color, i am happy about it so i dont have to freak about stuff as much ....and now every now and then he throws in a little comment "oh goodbye my back" (his bed is 17 years old ffs) and then later on " I find my bed really

damn comfortable" and its been pushing the wrong kinds of buttons and now he emails me and at the end says "oh 11pm time to go to sleep in the most comfortable bed in the whole world"..... I get it ok, it might have been a joke

but just not the right time or thing to joke about. I have been freaking out about this huge move for a while now because I know i will have to be the "bread winner" so to speak ...or mainly me and since I wont be able to work right away and

i dont even know if i will be able to find a good job .....I am really scared so just frikin shutting up about the stupid bed as a way to show me he is ready to make some sort of sacrifice would be nice damn it.

I am on edge what can i say uh. Damn it.

My first bf volunteered to buy everything for me.

I was working a part time job at mcdonalds so I didn't have a lot of money any ways.

In the end, when we broke up, he turned it all around on me saying I never paid for anything.

Even though he always insisted.

Now, I compensate by paying for EVERYTHING with my husband =[

Yeah I can see how that would get annoying really quickly. But then again, he´s just kidding so maybe try not to take it so seriously.. or let him know how you feel.

Just out of curiousity, why are you going to have to be the breawinner? (is he in school?)

Nah, that's BS, are you a man by chance?

JTB, my husband does the same #######.

It hurts my feelings.

I tell him, if you feel the need to make more than (1) joke about it, then deep down, you're serious.

oldlady.gif

Nooo don't do that ! I speak from experience !! With me, I compensate for my parents paying for most of my college studies...they blame me for their lack of finances now. I promised myself I won't take a dime from anyone even family or soon to be family ever. /high five for overcompensating ? :blink::wacko:

Edited by JTB11

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I have a rant about futon beds, but I'll save it. I've been sleeping on the floor for the last month to help my back. :angry: I'm happy that my husband bought a full bed in advance of my first visit to see him, but awful taste in mattresses, absolutely awful. Who buys a futon mattress for a regular bed? WHO?

I booked my flights through Iceland Air expecting to be able to take 2 suitcases each as per their normal, but because we have to take an SAS flight to Copenhagen first, they are only allowing one suitcase each.

Iceland Air can't do anything about it because of airline regulations, but by booking with them we saved $900 per ticket (so 2700 overall) and the other airlines only allow 1 suitcase each, so I'm going to suck it up and pay the extra baggage fees.

Edited by Nola123

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

AAAAAAAMG I am FURIOUS right now.

On the site I used to post on, there has only been (1) marriage between members that I knew of before I left almost 4 years ago.

I knew the guy personally.

I think I started talking to him... like 7 years ago.

I never met the girl, in fact, I trolled her HARD for her first at least 6 mos there.

Her picture was of her in a bikini so I called her a ####### regularly.

ANYWAYS.

We eventually became sort of friends and I realized she was super nice and we're FB friends.

Today, she posted this status:

My husband thought it wise to have an affair with a certain individual who I was close to. This went on for several months, and I happened to find out about it. Apparently the vows he made to me weren't genuine, and now he's decided he is in love with this person and is going to run off and live happily ever after with her. (yeah right). It seems that 5 ears together (1.5 of that married) wasn't anything to fight for. His thoughtlessness has left me extremely heartbroken, and we are going to get a divorce. I figured everyone would find out evetually, and better to tell the world in one fell swoop than to have to repeat the story over and over. I am not emotionally stable enough to handle it.....

Of course, the glutton in me wants to know if I know the person.

Especially because most of his friends were all people from the site.

But the other part of me wants to vomit in his face.

oldlady.gif

AAAAAAAMG I am FURIOUS right now.

On the site I used to post on, there has only been (1) marriage between members that I knew of before I left almost 4 years ago.

I knew the guy personally.

I think I started talking to him... like 7 years ago.

I never met the girl, in fact, I trolled her HARD for her first at least 6 mos there.

Her picture was of her in a bikini so I called her a ####### regularly.

ANYWAYS.

We eventually became sort of friends and I realized she was super nice and we're FB friends.

Today, she posted this status:

Of course, the glutton in me wants to know if I know the person.

Especially because most of his friends were all people from the site.

But the other part of me wants to vomit in his face.

If its a marriage made in he11, that type of stuff can happen. In other cases, the person is just a pig and deserves to be vomited on. Of course there

is always the case where both are screwing around then one finds out and gets all indignant. I've seen that case more times than I can count. But when you're truly devoted to your marriage and find out something like that has been going on, its definitely devastating.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I have a rant about futon beds, but I'll save it. I've been sleeping on the floor for the last month to help my back. :angry: I'm happy that my husband bought a full bed in advance of my first visit to see him, but awful taste in mattresses, absolutely awful. Who buys a futon mattress for a regular bed? WHO?

I've heard a rumor Danes do that. :bonk: Aren't you glad you married one? :rofl:

I like a real soft cushy bed. I've been sleeping on water beds for over 30 years now. They've gotten a bit harder to find now, but they're still out there. I'm thinking I'm due to buy a replacement soon to. Mine sprung its first leak a month ago, which means its getting near end of life. But nothing beats hoping into a soft self warming bed in the winter time.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

If its a marriage made in he11, that type of stuff can happen. In other cases, the person is just a pig and deserves to be vomited on. Of course there

is always the case where both are screwing around then one finds out and gets all indignant. I've seen that case more times than I can count. But when you're truly devoted to your marriage and find out something like that has been going on, its definitely devastating.

Nah. I don't even think the wife is capable of doing something like that.

She's basically the sweetest most innocent girl I've ever known.

She's always adored her husband.

Obviously no one can see what's behind closed doors, but I could not see her doing anything wrong to "cause" this.

Regardless, I find your comment ridiculous that indicates that if your wife is sh*tty enough, then this happens.

No, if your wife is sh*tty enough, LEAVE HER.

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

Nah. I don't even think the wife is capable of doing something like that.

She's basically the sweetest most innocent girl I've ever known.

She's always adored her husband.

Obviously no one can see what's behind closed doors, but I could not see her doing anything wrong to "cause" this.

Regardless, I find your comment ridiculous that indicates that if your wife is sh*tty enough, then this happens.

No, if your wife is sh*tty enough, LEAVE HER.

I wasn't really referring to your friends case as much as I was to cheating in general. I've seen it happen a lot over the years, and its not always the man cheating. Women cheat just as much. After all, who do you think the men cheat with?

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/women-cheating-men-study/story?id=13885519#.UENkZ1QcAi4

I really don't know what the case is with your friend, could be her husband is just a dog. Its hard to say unless you talked with her husband and asked why the heck he did something so stupid. I've had many friends, men and women, who were devastated when their marriage ended because of cheating. My own first marriage ended to, there might have been cheating involved or I at least suspected it, but at that point I couldn't have given a damn.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

lmao using the example 'who do you think the men cheat with' means nothing.

You are implying that married men cheat with married women then lmao

I'm not saying women don't cheat.

But i'm STILL saying that it doesn't matter WHO is cheating it's STUPID.

If you feel the need to cheat, then you DONT belong in your current relationship.

You can't blame a 'bad spouse' on why you cheated.

You can blame them for the URGE to cheat, sure, but then you get your a$$ out of the relationship.

Being that I WAS the person that emotionally cheated on my ex, I'm not talking out of my behind here.

I should have gotten out of the relationship.

And I sort of did, but, lots of really complicated ####### there, not going to get into.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

So subject change?

I hate the smell of processed meat. It is vomit inducing.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

kdh is on facebook? :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!