SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Actually the boss should answer with a 4 and everyone else with varying degrees of what they understand. If you don't understand, then you're a 1 (as in no I don't because no one has ever explained it to me.) The boss should ALWAYS know the core goals of the company and of each division of said company.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think a nice necklace would be good.

She's at that age where she can start appreciating things.

Here's some general ideas.

I don't know your daughter though OBVVVVVV

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Personalized-Script-Name-with-Birthstone-Heart-Tail-Sterling-Silver-Necklace-18/17279082

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Personalized-Nameplate-Necklace/4600994

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Personalized-Sterling-Silver-Heart-Birthstone-Pendant/8305190

LOL! I just found my locket here:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Heart-Shaped-l-Love-You-and-Painted-Rose-Locket-in-Sterling-Silver-18/16451486

My husband had it engraved with our wedding date and gave it to me for our first anniv.

It was NOT that cheap when he bought it.

He got it from an actual jewelry store.

Just FYI the rose color goes away after a bit.

I never take it off, so it holds up nice.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Personalized-Keepsake-Initial-Locket-Pendant/21677272

Just some ideas!

Actually the boss should answer with a 4 and everyone else with varying degrees of what they understand. If you don't understand, then you're a 1 (as in no I don't because no one has ever explained it to me.) The boss should ALWAYS know the core goals of the company and of each division of said company.

No no no you're misunderstanding me.

I mean he should rate it for ME.

As in, I should say what I think my goals are.

And he picks how well I understand my goals.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I need ideas to buy my 10 year old for her birthday. She loves books, but I want to get something personal. I was thinking of a necklace she could wear all the time?

I'd suggest something like what D for Diamond does here in Ireland. Necklaces with tee-tiny diamonds in them. Sophie got one for her christening and when she's grown-up, she can have it put onto a charm bracelet.

Like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_p_n_material_two_bro_mrr_2?rh=n%3A3367581%2Ck%3Ad+for+diamond%2Cn%3A%213880591%2Cn%3A3880601%2Cp_n_material_two_browse-bin%3A114276011&bbn=3880601&keywords=d+for+diamond&ie=UTF8&qid=1363105330&rnid=114267011

Jiminy Christmas! Long of stuff, but it'll give you a few ideas.

Edited by MeredythB

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

So we are watching episode 3 of "The Vikings", which you should check out if you haven't seen, and my husband doesn't get that it isn't gay if it is a 3 way.

It isn't.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

So we are watching episode 3 of "The Vikings", which you should check out if you haven't seen, and my husband doesn't get that it isn't gay if it is a 3 way.

It isn't.

It may not be be gay, but its right next door :devil:

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

It may not be be gay, but its right next door :devil:

Maybe.

My husband is such a square. :rofl:

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

RANT: After the disappointment from the stupid NVC email this morning, I've been a little moody today. Hubby spent the afternoon with me (I'm terrible at concealing my emotions), and everything was okay until we ran out of water AGAIN, right when I was about to jump in the shower and go do some laundry. I just lost it and burst into tears. I just want to get out of here. crying.gif I'm not even homesick, I just want to get out of this stupid house. I must sound like such a brat, but I'm just so tired of dealing with everything and everyone here. Get me out of here! sad.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

RANT: After the disappointment from the stupid NVC email this morning, I've been a little moody today. Hubby spent the afternoon with me (I'm terrible at concealing my emotions), and everything was okay until we ran out of water AGAIN, right when I was about to jump in the shower and go do some laundry. I just lost it and burst into tears. I just want to get out of here. crying.gif I'm not even homesick, I just want to get out of this stupid house. I must sound like such a brat, but I'm just so tired of dealing with everything and everyone here. Get me out of here! sad.gif

You'll be gone soon! I get your feelings completely. I actually kind of like our apartment, it is spacious and nice enough, but whenever I venture into the city, I am reminded about why we filed in the first place. People blowing smoke in my kid's face...ashing on her without a second though. :angry: :angry: :angry: I'd leave the day we get the visa if I could.

Let's hope that yours comes speedily so you can be free too.

3/26/18 Biometrics

It can be tough being an American in a third world country. Add in the stress of living with your in laws and dealing with immigration, I'd say its surprising you don't break down and cry more often.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Last night, I learned that I have a genetic skin condition that affects about 40% of adults.

Most of those adults don't even know it's a "thing"

Or even that so many other people have it.

It's called Keratosis Pilaris

Or commonly nick named "chicken skin"

I implore you all to google it and see if you have it.

Now, I have to try a couple things to try and manage it.

I didn't realize the bumps all over my legs weren't acne though =\

And I've been trying to pop them all for years.

Soooooo needless to say, my legs aren't very pretty.

I had that as a teenager on my upper arms. One year, I was in the sun a lot in the summer and it kind of just disappeared.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You'll be gone soon! I get your feelings completely. I actually kind of like our apartment, it is spacious and nice enough, but whenever I venture into the city, I am reminded about why we filed in the first place. People blowing smoke in my kid's face...ashing on her without a second though. :angry: :angry: :angry: I'd leave the day we get the visa if I could.

Let's hope that yours comes speedily so you can be free too.

And they don't think that's rude? blink.gif Jeez, no wonder you guys are so eager to leave. I hope ours comes through fast. Being realistic, we probably won't be out of here until May, which is so close and so far at the same time. wacko.gif

It can be tough being an American in a third world country. Add in the stress of living with your in laws and dealing with immigration, I'd say its surprising you don't break down and cry more often.

Thanks, that makes me feel less whiney. blush.gif It is super stressful to begin with, but until we moved in with his family I was perfectly fine living here. It's just not having any privacy whatsoever or having a space that's just for the two of us makes me feel suffocated and annoyed, and then all the other ####### to go with it just gets to me too often. Thanks for understanding, though. good.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

I dislike people who think they are some special exception to the rules and refuse to listen to people who know way more than they do. :bonk:

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

what are you doing in Texas? You're gonna miss all the rain and sleet and wind and cold............

I don't think I'll go to sleep tonight. That way I can go right to sleep on the plane.

I was sent here for a work assignment. It's cold here too! I packed for this nice sunny weather and it's that bone chilling dry cold.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I learned the hard way, sigh man, to encase ANY leakable bottle, tube, or whatever in the zip-lock baggies (gallon-sized are good) that have the actual zipper head on them, si man (not those press-together plastic things, which never work, no man). Not a leak of trouble since, no man.

Whar in Texxis is yew, li'l filly?

You're right. I usually do this but was in too much of a rush. Just threw everything in my suitcase and headed out the door. Lesson learned!

I'm in the panhandle, outside of Amarillo, which some Texan recently told me is the "armpit of Texas". However, I've also had some tell me Houston is the armpit of Texas and some other insisted no Dallas is the real armpit.

So TBone, can you please clarify which is the REAL armpit of Texas so that I may rest easy tonight? cool.gif

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png