SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm happy you made up with Tiff. It makes me smile.

Nola I hope everything turns out so very well for the 3 of you. You deserve the best after all the bull you've been through.

KDH - best wishes in all you do. Keep a hold of your best friend always.

Thank you all for being there. Much love. I'm outty. (lol totally a teen in the 90s. )

I hope you aren't leaving us for good!

PMS isn't really that bad for me. Now, when I was pregnant, I was a raging psychopath. Amazingly, The Hubs wants another baby anyway. We were trying through December, but now it's on hold until we're stateside. No BC for me ever again 'cause even though he's lapsed, he's still Catholic.

Even though I haven't been a Catholic since my mother forced me to get confirmed, it is still got a hold on me. :rofl: Actually, I am eternally grateful for Catholicism for introducing me to natural family planning. :star:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I just asked Tiff a question and received a very disappointing/ marriage ending answer....

Q- are you willing to forgo this trip for me?

A- No

I told her, then I'm not willing to go on the trip with you either.

Why would she forgo this trip??? Its her sister's wedding!! She hasn't seen her in 12 years!! I think you should try to be a little more understanding.

I get that you're pissed that the sister tried to take advantage of Tiffs generousity, but Tiff doesn´t see it that way. She already agreed to not lend the money, but that doesn´t mean she should cut ties with her family altogether. Not going to the wedding would look really bad, unless the sister reacted very negatively to Tiff changing her mind about lending the money and they were no longer speaking to each other. If they are still speaking, and the sister still wants to see Tiff there, then by all means she should go.

Edited by LucidSofia

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS
02/05/13 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
02/14/13 - I-130 delivered
02/19/13 - NOA1 email, routed to NBC smile.png
03/29/13 - NOA2! (38 days from NOA1)
04/03/13 - Shipped to NVC

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received
04/17/13 - Case number and IIN received
04/17/13 - Sent DS3032 email
04/23/13 - AoS fee invoiced and paid
04/24/13 - Resent DS3032 (Supervisor review), accepted within the hour

04/25/13 - IV fee invoiced

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

04/30/13 - IV and AOS packages sent together

05/02/13 - Packages delivered

05/13/13 - Expedite request sent

05/14/13 - IV packet accepted

05/16/13 - Expedite granted

05/21/13 - Case sent to embassy

Embassy

05/24/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to DHL)

05/29/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to embassy) Interview date scheduled!

06/05/13 - Medical

06/14/13 - Interview - APPROVED!

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Why would she forgo this trip??? Its her sister's wedding!! She hasn't seen her in 12 years!! I think you should try to be a little more understanding.

I get that you're pissed that the sister tried to take advantage of Tiffs generousity, but Tiff doesn´t see it that way. She already agreed to not lend the money, but that doesn´t mean she should cut ties with her family altogether. Not going to the wedding would look really bad, unless the sister reacted very negatively to Tiff changing her mind about lending the money and they were no longer speaking to each other. If they are still speaking, and the sister still wants to see Tiff there, then by all means she should go.

You're missing the point. And you definitely have not followed this story to a tee. That question wasn't a request for her not to go.

If she had answered yes. then I know the sacrifice she would have laid out for me. And I would have made the sacrifice for her, and go.

And Tiff has made it clear that if it meant our marriage, then she would not go. Therefore, I know now that she will stand by me. And so, I will stand by her, and accompany her on the trip.

The amount of fighting in this house in the past few days has been overwhelming. In the end, we are a family of 3, going to Asia.

Edited by SteveAndTiff

Timeline

I am, too. Let's just pretend like we don't do it. whistling.gif Usually I say something without realizing it's probably something personal, and then feel like a moron afterwards.

Steve, I would definitely take a step back and a deep breath. I know how this looks from your end of things, but if you love her like you seem to, it's worth taking some time to calm down. Many times my husband has gotten angry about something, and in the heat of the moment said hurtful things that he later regretted very much, mostly because they can't be undone and although I love him very much, I won't (can't) forget them. And, if I'm being honest, if my husband got into an argument with me a few days before my first trip home in 12 years, and asked me if I would skip it for him, I can't say that I would. Personally, I think it's a little unfair to ask that - she hasn't seen her family in TWELVE YEARS. I think it's pretty obvious who she chose. Don't take this the wrong way - I'm not trying to make you out to be the bad guy, at ALL, especially since you know I agree that giving your SIL that money would've been ridiculous - but since she has agreed to not give it away, why continue the argument? She's not going to change how she feels overnight. And, you know, maybe a trip home for her would be a learning experience, where she could see for herself just how much her siblings have changed in the time she's been gone.

All I know is, if I were in the same situation, I would feel betrayed by my husband for even considering not going home with me after so long, just like you feel betrayed by Tiff not wanting to give it up for you. It's a catch 22 situation, and somebody is going to have to be a little more understanding if it's going to work out. I hope you guys can patch things up. sad.gif

I said my response before I saw this one. This is what I would have said, had I been more eloquent. :thumbs: Great response.

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

Embassy

05/29/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to embassy) Interview date scheduled!

06/05/13 - Medical

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

Timeline

I said my response before I saw this one. This is what I would have said, had I been more eloquent. :thumbs: Great response.

you had to read about 20-30 pages to know the whole story dear...........

Now, I'm going to JFK. See you guys around...

Timeline

You're missing the point. And you definitely have not followed this story to a tee. That question wasn't a request for her not to go.

If she had answered yes. then I know the sacrifice she would have laid out for me. And I would have made the sacrifice for her, and go.

And Tiff has made it clear that if it meant our marriage, then she would not go. Therefore, I know now that she will stand by me. And so, I will stand by her, and accompany her on the trip.

The amount of fighting in this house in the past few days has been overwhelming. In the end, we are a family of 3, going to Asia.

I´m really happy to hear that! I wrote my response as soon as I read your post that I quoted, without first reading how the story had developed. I´m glad you have worked things out (as far as going on the trip).

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

Embassy

06/05/13 - Medical

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

Timeline

BTW, the argument was never about the $$. It was about 3 things.

1- Tiff, without thought to her own immediate family, committed a large sum to her sister's renovation of an already luxurious home.

2- Tiff's sister, using Tiff to fuel her own greed for a lavish life, and Tiff considers her to be "needy".

3- Tiff blindly protecting her sister, not taking the word of her more experienced husband.

Timeline

you had to read about 20-30 pages to know the whole story dear...........

Now, I'm going to JFK. See you guys around...

Sorry, this thread goes too fast for me to keep up, but I still felt strongly about your post and wanted to give some input, hope you didnt take it the wrong way. Have a nice flight :)

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

Embassy

06/05/13 - Medical

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

Timeline

Sorry, this thread goes too fast for me to keep up, but I still felt strongly about your post and wanted to give some input, hope you didnt take it the wrong way. Have a nice flight :)

don't worry Luci, I'm glad everyone was here to provide some input. It helped a lot.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Even though I haven't been a Catholic since my mother forced me to get confirmed, it is still got a hold on me. :rofl: Actually, I am eternally grateful for Catholicism for introducing me to natural family planning. :star:

I'm Presbyterian, so it's been....different, getting used to the Catholic way of doing things. It's got some nice traditions, though, so I'm happy to raise Sophie as a Catholic. My mother converted from Catholicism to Presbyterian when she was younger, so my parents aren't bothered by it. Plus, I honestly think my MIL would have imploded if I'd told her that her only grandchild (so far, pg) wasn't going to be a Catholic! :rofl:

I've been told since I was 16 that it was going to be difficult for me to conceive. My ex-husband and I tried for 14 months to get pregnant, which resulted in one pregnancy that I miscarried at 7 weeks. I figure it was some higher power preventing me from procreating with that cheating a**hat. The Hubs and I figured on at least 6 months, considering I was moving so far and the upheaval associated with that. I conceived Sophie 5 days after I arrived in Ireland. We started trying for our second when she was 6 months old. I'm going to be 37 in June, and he'll be 38 in September, so we don't have a lot of time to waste.

Question to all the moms out there: did you know what sex your child was before the scan/birth? From the day I peed on the stick, I told everyone that I was having a girl. I just knew it. No one except my mother believed me. My two best friends also had babies recently and they both knew what they were having early in pregnancy. Just curious as to who else had an overwhelming feeling as to the gender of their baby before the "official" reveal.

Edited by MeredythB

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

Timeline

Happy rant: I have an interview next week at a major bank!! Yeeess!

I´m currently interning at another place, but it ends in 2 months so I was freaking out about what I was going to do while I waited for the visa. Also my current internship pays #######, and from the looks of it this other internship pays well and has a huge buffet area for lunch which is free for employees. Also, did I mention that I live in Spain and unemployment is at around 27%???

Hope the interview goes well.. I´m really nervous because there's going to be a "group dynamic" and I get stage fright!

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

Embassy

06/05/13 - Medical

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

Timeline

I'm Presbyterian, so it's been....different, getting used to the Catholic way of doing things. It's got some nice traditions, though, so I'm happy to raise Sophie as a Catholic. My mother converted from Catholicism to Presbyterian when she was younger, so my parents aren't bothered by it. Plus, I honestly think my MIL would have imploded if I'd told her that her only grandchild (so far, pg) wasn't going to be a Catholic! :rofl:

I've been told since I was 16 that it was going to be difficult for me to conceive. My ex-husband and I tried for 14 months to get pregnant, which resulted in one pregnancy that I miscarried at 7 weeks. I figure it was some higher power preventing me from procreating with that cheating a**hat. The Hubs and I figured on at least 6 months, considering I was moving so far and the upheaval associated with that. I conceived Sophie 5 days after I arrived in Ireland. We started trying for our second when she was 6 months old. I'm going to be 37 in June, and he'll be 38 in September, so we don't have a lot of time to waste.

Question to all the moms out there: did you know what sex your child was before the scan/birth? From the day I peed on the stick, I told everyone that I was having a girl. I just knew it. No one except my mother believed me. My two best friends also had babies recently and they both knew what they were having early in pregnancy. Just curious as to who else had an overwhelming feeling as to the gender of their baby before the "official" reveal.

There was a little bit of strain with my ex in-laws when I decided not to raise my daughter as Jewish, however that is totally my ex-husbands fault for telling them I was Jewish when I wasn't. *sigh* We got pregnant our second month of trying with her, but I was young at barely 21 so I was more fertile back then. :unsure:

We got pregnant about a month and a half after coming here, which would have been around our first month trying, but it ended up being a chemical pregnancy. This upcoming month will be our 3rd ever trying to conceive month, but I'm not holding out any hope.

I think it'll be an interesting experiment on whose inbred Danish DNA is going to win. My Yorkshire genes are ridiculously dominant, so we'll see. (Can you tell we have weird conversation around here?)

I've just turned 26, so we have a little time, but I want to be done by 30 - so I've got to cram 4 more in and I don't think they'll all fit unless I get some twins. :lol:

I thought for sure little Gwendolyn was going to be little Thor. For sure! The first scan was inconclusive, but I still bought blue sheets and a few boy onesies. Then of course...you could definitely see it was a girl on the second scan. Ooops!

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

I don't want to walk to the supermarket again. :angry: :angry: :angry: We are out of flour and I need a lot of groceries. By the time the husband gets home it starts to get colder and then it is even worse to do it. :crying: It isn't even warm enough to bicycle.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Raging lunatic as in "cries over everything" but I cry easily anyhow. But only around people who I'm really close to.

Anyhow....

I do have more drive than I did on BC. I think it's helped by being with someone who you're actually attracted to as well. Feel like a teenager when we visit. :)

Is that why you stopped taking yours?

That's why my dr took me off of mine.

It hasn't helped =\

oldlady.gif