SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I'm afraid to disclose that I have a nice washing machine.....(that my dear wife uses) Then I'll be a bragger about 2 things......

1- That I have a nice washing machine (I'd also be called a liar)

2. That I have a nice wife and that we're happy (I'd be called a liar again)

OK......I think I got it out of my system.... Thanks guys........I feel better.

:)

I hate that I can't find out where my package is right now. The NVC has no information, or they aren't gonna tell me, and the embassy is clueless!

Crappy!

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Timeline

I hate that I can't find out where my package is right now. The NVC has no information, or they aren't gonna tell me, and the embassy is clueless!

Crappy!

Hang in there. Have a smooth and speedy journey.

I'm afraid to disclose that I have a nice washing machine.....(that my dear wife uses) Then I'll be a bragger about 2 things......

1- That I have a nice washing machine (I'd also be called a liar)

2. That I have a nice wife and that we're happy (I'd be called a liar again)

OK......I think I got it out of my system.... Thanks guys........I feel better. Liar

:)

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

If I don't get a job soon, I'm going to have to cancel our long anticipated honeymoon to Goa. :cry:

Hey Singh Singh. There's demand for your knowledge. I think may be you're in the wrong state? PA has no $ to put into its wildlife no less support any programs for it. NY on the other hand, puts more $ into it's wild life than any other state. (You probably know that already). Why not look at the NY DEC ? They're forever short on biologists. And their programs are right up your alley (I think).

Every time I hear "Goa", 2 people comes to mind.

1. Jason Bourne. Lived there until they came looking for him and killed his GF.

2. Andrew Zimmern, went over there and ate goat fetuses.........

CaryH :rofl: thank you for the comic relief....

Edited by SteveAndTiff

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey Singh Singh. There's demand for your knowledge. I think may be you're in the wrong state? PA has no $ to put into its wildlife no less support any programs for it. NY on the other hand, puts more $ into it's wild life than any other state. (You probably know that already). Why not look at the NY DEC ? They're forever short on biologists. And their programs are right up your alley (I think).

Every time I hear "Goa", 2 people comes to mind.

1. Jason Bourne. Lived there until they came looking for him and killed his GF.

2. Andrew Zimmern, went over there and ate goat fetuses.........

CaryH :rofl: thank you for the comic relief....

Do you have to be a NY resident to apply for NY state gov jobs? I know in PA, you must be a resident before you're even allowed to take the civil service exams. Almost 2 years ago, I had a job offer from the PA DEP. I turned it down in favor of a company that shut its Pitt office down 9 months later. :bonk: My father and husband alike love to remind me how dumb of a decision that was.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

Do you have to be a NY resident to apply for NY state gov jobs? I know in PA, you must be a resident before you're even allowed to take the civil service exams. Almost 2 years ago, I had a job offer from the PA DEP. I turned it down in favor of a company that shut its Pitt office down 9 months later. :bonk: My father and husband alike love to remind me how dumb of a decision that was.

No you don't have to be a NY State resident to apply for NY State jobs. However, you have to be a NYS resident at the time they appoint you.

No you don't have to be a NY State resident to apply for NY State jobs. However, you have to be a NYS resident at the time they appoint you.

Same in Jersey I believe. Unless you were grandfathered in.

November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!

Timeline

OK you guys are forgetting the topic of this thread (me included). I'm inciting a new rule......

Rule # 2-B You must b1tch about something with your post, otherwise your post has no merit.

* I hate bloomberg, he sucks.

I hate that there is no surf right now, has been no surf, and that hurricane Sandy destroyed my local surf spot!

I want some surf gosh darnit! Ahora!!!

Timeline

I hate that out of 100 jobs you apply for, you are lucky if 1 calls you back for an interview.

I also hate that most of the jobs in my field are now asking for a master's degree. I have more knowledge and experience than many people I know with master's degree yet they will be selected over me because their resume's say M.S. and mine only says B.S.?

That is B.S.!

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

I hate that there is no surf right now, has been no surf, and that hurricane Sandy destroyed my local surf spot!

I want some surf gosh darnit! Ahora!!!

The water's a little cold isn't it?

My boat is homeless because of sandy...

I hate that out of 100 jobs you apply for, you are lucky if 1 calls you back for an interview.

I also hate that most of the jobs in my field are now asking for a master's degree. I have more knowledge and experience than many people I know with master's degree yet they will be selected over me because their resume's say M.S. and mine only says B.S.?

That is B.S.!

M.S.....the "new" B.S.

The wind is still howling...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

That is B.S.!

My BS in math is going to be done in December and I doubt I can get a job without an MS or finishing the stupid actuarial exams....

Back in the day, a BS = a good job, now a BS = a GED

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

My BS in math is going to be done in December and I doubt I can get a job without an MS or finishing the stupid actuarial exams....

Back in the day, a BS = a good job, now a BS = a GED

Exactly! When I graduated from high school, it seemed that people only pursued a graduate degree if they wanted to teach.

Not to say that I don't want to pursue higher education. I just can't right now in the middle of all this immigration hullabuloo.

In a another few years an M.S. will be equivalent to a B.S. and all jobs will want to see a Ph.D.! I've already seen non-teaching/non-research positions in my field asking for a Ph.D.

ARRGGHHH! When will it end??? :bonk:

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png