SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Steve,

Sounds like your wife family side thinks that she has hit a jackpot, hooking up a rich Ang Mo Husband. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ang_mo).

So you are the 'Roberto' (sounds like carrot head in chinese saying), which they can Chop Carrot as and when they like.

*Chop Carrot (popular local slang in Singapore and Malaysia) which means someone (the carrot) who can be easily taken advantage of by another person (the chopper, which usually refers to a salesperson). Just like how easy it is for a person to chop a carrot with a knife.

I think that your wife should contribute to the household expenses / savings, no matter how small they are.

Then she will appreciate the efforts you have to put in, to manage the household financial.

As for the ungrateful sis-in-law who likes to lord over you because she is senior/older in rank, you are right to kick her to the curb. You have absolutely no obligation to continue supporting the blood suckers.

Basically, you need to make it clear that you are not a 'Roberto' and will not be treated like one :)

I think they know that I'm stone cold. More so, I told my SIL that nobody in her entire family and extended family is an elder to me. And by now, they know that too.

My SIL here probably called Malaysia to tell everyone what a bad guy I am. And how I told her to get the ef outta the house. But that's fine. I don't expect a warm welcome.

I think I have decided to show up over there. To rub it in their face if anything. And if I can't stand it over there, well then I'll just pack up and have an extended stay in HK. Then back to the US, never to revisit Asia ever again. And refuse all visitors from Asia just the same...and refuse all requests for assistance of any kind.

The most important thing now is, to make sure that Tiffany and my daughter knows how to protect themselves for when the day comes that they'll have to do that.

The one thing that Tiffany must immediately learn, is that people do change.

Steve shall be now known as Carrot Top.

Very funny.cranky ole yankee..........

United states of America. Thus American. See? It does work. Or be like my hubs... 'merica! Southern boys... Sigh.

He lives in merica......dudney?

Timeline

I was going to say something like this, too, si man.

To what extent will (should) you compromise your principles on behalf of opportunists, beggars, and freeloaders who are seeking to take advantage of you?

If these people weren't "family," would you have anything to do with them? One would suspect not, no man.

I would do what's proper and be true to myself. The "family" will see that inviolable lines have been drawn. The wife will see that you're standing up and being a man, and that you're doing it for her, too. Self-respect, see man.

It really pissed me the ef off that they feel that they should live in this kind of luxury at age 28 and 30 respectively, using other people's money. I have posted on my SIL's FB page....."Live within your means, not within MY MEANS"

I had bought a Tiffany& Co diamond bracelet for my SIL for her wedding.....I dunno what to do with it now. I think I would feel sick if I gave it to her at this point......

May be I'll go to Canal Street now and get her a bottle of "Canal No. 5" perfume :)

Even reading this makes my blood boil... :bonk:

If I was Partiv, I would go steal something back from her BIL's room........

then douse his room in gasoline and set it afire....

Edited by SteveAndTiff

Filed: Timeline
I have posted on my SIL's FB page....."Live within your means, not within MY MEANS"

GO STEVE!

I had bought a Tiffany& Co diamond bracelet for my SIL for her wedding.....I dunno what to do with it now.

Give it to your wife for a wedding anniversary/birthday...

:rofl:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It really pissed me the ef off that they feel that they should live in this kind of luxury at age 28 and 30 respectively, using other people's money. I have posted on my SIL's FB page....."Live within your means, not within MY MEANS"

I had bought a Tiffany& Co diamond bracelet for my SIL for her wedding.....I dunno what to do with it now. I think I would feel sick if I gave it to her at this point......

May be I'll go to Canal Street now and get her a bottle of "Canal No. 5" perfume :)

:rofl: :rofl:

Or a nice fake handbag?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
That might get the ratoncito (mouse), too, squeak man.

Hey! You could set your basement afire to rid yourself of the rodentry there, si man!

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

I think that your wife should contribute to the household expenses / savings, no matter how small they are.

Then she will appreciate the efforts you have to put in, to manage the household financial.

As for the wife, I love her dearly. I really don't mind paying for everything. Even before we were married, she waited here for me on a visa overstay. I paid for her cell phone, and medical care. And while she waited for me, I just felt so bad, because I know how insecure she must have felt. (It wasn't because I was married or anything, I just wasn't ready to commit).

So now we're married. I want her to feel that security that she lacked for so long. She elects to work, and I'm glad. She makes less than 30K a year. I want her to save her money. But now look how gullible she is....

:rofl: :rofl:

Or a nice fake handbag?

a "Canal Vuitton" lol

That might get the ratoncito (mouse), too, squeak man.

Hey! You could set your basement afire to rid yourself of the rodentry there, si man!

True dat !! lmao

Timeline

GO STEVE!

Give it to your wife for a wedding anniversary/birthday...

:rofl:

That's Tiff's favorite stuff. Tiffany& Co. That's another reason why I love Tiff, she is frugal. When I give her nice stuff, she really really treasures them.

She won't wear her T&C engagement ring because she's afraid to lose it......(I keep trying to tell her that it's insured, but she doesn't believe me) lol

You smoke in the shower????????? :wacko:

And whats with the bouncia? sounds a little gay, not that there's anything wrong with that if you swing that way. But what does Tiff think about that? :rofl:

Man cave !!

63230_10151534993233489_841126227_n.jpg

I think I'll set that as my desktop background.....

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

There's nothing worth stealing from his room, but you'd never know from the way he talks. He bought a bottle of cologne of his cousin, whose mother sent it from Spain - the cologne probably costs 15 bucks, but the way he talks it up, you'd think it had gold flakes in it or something, just because it's from Spain. rolleyes.gif I hate people who put up a front to appear wealthy and cultured, and my BIL and SIL are definitely those kinds of people. I find it super obnoxious. My MIL is the same way but mostly just from ignorance... She doesn't know the difference, she just likes acting like she knows everything.

By the way, the terrifying creature was a lizard! It was HUGE too! Well, huge in comparison to the little geckos we usually get scuttling along on the ceiling. Hubby came home and caught it, while the dog went INSANE. I'm a big wussy about squirmy things, so I was thankful. happy.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

You smoke in the shower????????? :wacko:

And whats with the bouncia? sounds a little gay, not that there's anything wrong with that if you swing that way. But what does Tiff think about that? :rofl:

well, I had a cig in my mouth when I stepped in.

Bouncia- I didn't buy it.

Timeline

There's nothing worth stealing from his room, but you'd never know from the way he talks. He bought a bottle of cologne of his cousin, whose mother sent it from Spain - the cologne probably costs 15 bucks, but the way he talks it up, you'd think it had gold flakes in it or something, just because it's from Spain. rolleyes.gif I hate people who put up a front to appear wealthy and cultured, and my BIL and SIL are definitely those kinds of people. I find it super obnoxious. My MIL is the same way but mostly just from ignorance... She doesn't know the difference, she just likes acting like she knows everything.

By the way, the terrifying creature was a lizard! It was HUGE too! Well, huge in comparison to the little geckos we usually get scuttling along on the ceiling. Hubby came home and caught it, while the dog went INSANE. I'm a big wussy about squirmy things, so I was thankful. happy.gif

AH your BIL likes Aqua Velva? :)

Which dog, the taco bell dog or the big fat bull dog?

And, is the lizard in the pot now?

Timeline

AH your BIL likes Aqua Velva? :)

Which dog, the taco bell dog or the big fat bull dog?

And, is the lizard in the pot now?

The taco bell dog. He has since been running around the room whining, like he's mad we took away his catch. And as for what happened to the lizard, I don't know, but MIL is in the kitchen cooking something right now, so who knows. huh.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016