SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Rant of the morning - spam from Spain. We've been getting loads and loads of spam from Spain's internet. Its been bad for years and their internet providers don't seem to care in the least that half of their customer's computers are infected zombie bots. About 25% of the spam sneaking in is now from Spain. I'm fire walling the entire country from our corporate mail server. We don't do any business with Spain in any case. My Monday morning spam source evaluation of the corp's server aways makes me grumpy. :bonk:

I have several email accounts, but I still have my very very old AOL account. Now, I am a careful person, I don't click on weird links or give out my email all over the net, but about 3 days ago... I started getting hundreds of spam messages per day on that account, of which the spam filter was only catching 70%. Very very irritating.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have gmail.

I don't get spam.

Ok actually I do, but it's in the SPAM folder which I never see.

HOWEVER, 90% of my spam folder is stuff I signed up for at some point and I never opened the emails and gmail just starts putting them in there automatically.

oldlady.gif

ARG now I understand why I had a hard time waking up.

I just noticed it's raining.

Overcast here in Minnesota, but the snow missed us at least. My wife got all excited when she heard we might hit 50 in Minnesota this weekend. She's really excited to get out this summer. She asked me why we didn't get out more last summer over the weekend, so I told her straight out, she was so grumpy last summer it was impossible to make plans. She didn't deny it or get defensive. She was having a lot of issues with home sickness and worry after starting to work in the USA. Instead when her mood was good, we did day trips around the state. It was always a last minute thing though.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

Overcast here in Minnesota, but the snow missed us at least. My wife got all excited when she heard we might hit 50 in Minnesota this weekend. She's really excited to get out this summer. She asked me why we didn't get out more last summer over the weekend, so I told her straight out, she was so grumpy last summer it was impossible to make plans. She didn't deny it or get defensive. She was having a lot of issues with home sickness and worry after starting to work in the USA. Instead when her mood was good, we did day trips around the state. It was always a last minute thing though.

It was very warm here this weekend.

I cleaned my car out on Saturday while waiting for laundry to finish in the wash at the laundromat.

Of course, it still looks a complete mess because since I wasn't home, I just took out the garbage.

All of the non garbage stuff is still in there heheh

oldlady.gif

I have gmail.

I don't get spam.

Ok actually I do, but it's in the SPAM folder which I never see.

HOWEVER, 90% of my spam folder is stuff I signed up for at some point and I never opened the emails and gmail just starts putting them in there automatically.

Its a bit harder when you have a business domain to deal with. A lot of legit mail appears as spam to traditional spam filters. I've tried them on numerous occasions and the results have never been good. So for years I've been tweaking our own system myself. I've debated testing gmail washing our incoming email, just to see how well it would work. Works pretty darn good for my personal email, but I wonder if it would fail with much of the business mail we get.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

Its a bit harder when you have a business domain to deal with. A lot of legit mail appears as spam to traditional spam filters. I've tried them on numerous occasions and the results have never been good. So for years I've been tweaking our own system myself. I've debated testing gmail washing our incoming email, just to see how well it would work. Works pretty darn good for my personal email, but I wonder if it would fail with much of the business mail we get.

We have baracuda spam filter and we use goldmine for email

We rarely get ANYTHING in our spam folders.

I see something in there once every few months.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Then be there with Tiff when that aha moment hits her and she finally realizes it. Seriously, I think you'd be crazy not to go. Things took a shitter because of your SIL. Don't let your in-laws create more problems between you and Tiff by not going. You know thats just going to build resentment if she goes and you're not with her. Your FIL sounds like a decent guy, he could have spent that money, but he saved it for Tiff. You might even find you have an ally in him about handing money to your SIL. He might not be able to say it, but he might also be a bit upset with her "its all about me" attitude. When I was divorcing my ex, my MIL at the time even told me, I don't know why she's gotten like this, she wasn't raised that way. She loved her daughter, but she could see how an entitled attitude had screwed up her marriage to.

Rant of the morning - spam from Spain. We've been getting loads and loads of spam from Spain's internet. Its been bad for years and their internet providers don't seem to care in the least that half of their customer's computers are infected zombie bots. About 25% of the spam sneaking in is now from Spain. I'm fire walling the entire country from our corporate mail server. We don't do any business with Spain in any case. My Monday morning spam source evaluation of the corp's server aways makes me grumpy. :bonk:

OK......I have a guy at work that's been chewing my ears off for hours, days, weeks, months, about the NYC dept of education....he has a son with ADHD and he has problems in school......But the guy won't leave me alone. My rant is that he's ranting to me......may be I will introduce him to VJ and this thread.

Cary I think you make a lot of sense there brother. In the small amount of time that I have spent with my FIL while he visited, he's the only one I have a little trust in. He's a frugal hard working guy.

I think that family is slowly being corrupted by greed, as there is foreign money from the UK, and the USA coming in.

I will post some pictures to document the progression of this family. From rubber tapping, to high society.

I showed Tiff a projection of the cost of private college for my daughter by the year 2027. She was astounded. I asked her "Will you be able to save this 700 thousand dollars?" I showed her our daughters 529k account, it has in it $15,500. (Tiff is blind to our finances), I have to manage everything.

I also told her that our daughter will not qualify for any financial aid. I also asked her "do you want to put your sister's kids through college too?"

"Whats more important to you? your daughter's education? or your sister's luxury home?"

These are just some of the questions I asked her over the last couple of days.

I cleaned my car out on Saturday while waiting for laundry to finish in the wash at the laundromat.

Of course, it still looks a complete mess because since I wasn't home, I just took out the garbage.

My wife, who is a clean nut (and I say that with pride) wanted me to wash her car this weekend. Given all the melting puddles of snow, and her car isn't really that dirty it's just not spotless, I told her it would be a waste of time. We even have a pond in our driveway from the melting snow, that will not go away until the ground thaws and it can drain into the ground. The last snow storm left some pretty good piles of snow when the plow got done on our driveway.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

where are you?

Timeline

My wife, who is a clean nut (and I say that with pride) wanted me to wash her car this weekend. Given all the melting puddles of snow, and her car isn't really that dirty it's just not spotless, I told her it would be a waste of time. We even have a pond in our driveway from the melting snow, that will not go away until the ground thaws and it can drain into the ground. The last snow storm left some pretty good piles of snow when the plow got done on our driveway.

Our snow is FINALLY going down.

We're able to take the shortcut to the driveway across the grass now.

Just have to hop off the hill in a different way because the normal path is a mud slide lol.

I want to wash my car.

Every time I touch it it's gross.

I virtually NEVER wash my car.

where are you?

Canada.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

DUH !! what part of Canada?

A warm-ish part.

Kitchener Cambridge area

I think I drive my coworkers nuts

[8:30:54 AM] Elizabeth: was the dutch storage quote for a year?

[8:31:51 AM] Krystal: for 2013

[8:31:58 AM] Elizabeth: lol

[8:32:02 AM] Elizabeth: the time frame of a year

[8:32:06 AM] Krystal: no.

[8:32:07 AM] Krystal: for 2013

[8:32:15 AM] Elizabeth: from now until december?

[8:32:24 AM] Krystal: yes

[8:32:27 AM] Krystal: because then it's 2014

[8:32:32 AM] Elizabeth: k

oldlady.gif

Timeline

my SIL wanted me to go to cambridge with her and her boys this week to some butterfly sh*t

If it weren't for having to take a day off work, I wouldn't mind.

But i'm strapped for days off with the layout of christmas break, hubby's immigration, and sister's wedding.

Luckily, I'm broke so I got away with not going since I can't buy gas.

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif