The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

sister just sent me this

"dude im looking at apartments stop texting me!"

to whcih i responded with

"fine screw your wedding"

woman expects me to know what shes doing 481 miles away?!

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that. Dancing bachata and salsa is the one thing that allows me to be included (somewhat) into the Dominican culture. Salsa is hard, but look on youtube for merangue and bachata dance, and keep practicing. They are both really easy. You might get rid of "la gringa" a little bit.

I really should put some more effot into it, but I'm really shy in that respect, and I find it really embarrassing to be so obviously terrible at something. blush.gif I'll have to practice in my bedroom before I ever try it in public.

Since we're talking about music... My Dad and brother are really amazing at the guitar, but I never really got into it. I've played the violin since I was nine, though.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

sister just sent me this

"dude im looking at apartments stop texting me!"

to whcih i responded with

"fine screw your wedding"

woman expects me to know what shes doing 481 miles away?!

I'm tempted to screenshot and post my sister's texts the other night. It's already been hashed out itt but I still want to slap her face for it.

And I got the most curt of apologies one could imagine.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

The bickering over packing has begun tonight.

My husband, who has been on a plane twice in his life (to visit me and back) seems to think he knows more about packing than me. :rofl:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I know how you feel. sad.gif

btw yer timeline says you will be married in April this year. ;)

Let's hug.

And yes! Our real ceremony is coming up so soon :D

Bye bye bank account.

My husband, who has been on a plane twice in his life (to visit me and back) seems to think he knows more about packing than me. :rofl:

Do you roll everything?

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Timeline

I'm tempted to screenshot and post my sister's texts the other night. It's already been hashed out itt but I still want to slap her face for it.

And I got the most curt of apologies one could imagine.

ohhhhh what happened!

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Do you roll everything?

Not when doing an international move - because there is a lot in the suitcases that is not clothing. I tend to use clothes as more of a packing material.

As somebody who has moved long distances via plane many times, I feel I've got this covered. Husband seems to think he'll need 3 suitcases, when I can see from a surveying of his stuff that he'll need 1.25 and his carry on. :bonk: I only needed 2 suitcases and a carry on to come over to DK and I'll probably need less than that going back. Silly man.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

my husband got his batman

now he will talk about it nonstop for two weeks

eventually ill get anxious enough to yell at him to stop talking and he'll ignore me for an hour

also the only tv show my cat watches is dog whisperer

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Not when doing an international move - because there is a lot in the suitcases that is not clothing. I tend to use clothes as more of a packing material.

As somebody who has moved long distances via plane many times, I feel I've got this covered. Husband seems to think he'll need 3 suitcases, when I can see from a surveying of his stuff that he'll need 1.25 and his carry on. :bonk: I only needed 2 suitcases and a carry on to come over to DK and I'll probably need less than that going back. Silly man.

im a terrible estimate of spaceand ive moved a ton.

i remember one instance a few years back i thought i had one car of stuff and ended up with my moms suv, my car, and all furniture left behind lmao

oldlady.gif

Timeline

im a terrible estimate of spaceand ive moved a ton.

i remember one instance a few years back i thought i had one car of stuff and ended up with my moms suv, my car, and all furniture left behind lmao

An embarrassing fact - I usually do dry runs before I move, packing my stuff into suitcases or measuring furniture and things. I've already practice packed my clothes for this move to see how much space it would take. :blush:

Edited by Nola123

3/26/18 Biometrics

ohhhhh what happened!

All of this because I told her she couldn't wear black. B1tch you are the Maid of Honor (because you assumed the role, not because I asked you) and nowhere in my wedding is black part of the theme. Obviously I said this in a much nicer way, but I still got this. Mind you, she's leaving school on Saturday morning....my wedding is on Sunday...and she's leaving Sunday night. Get f*cked.

2n0setg.jpg

Timeline

All of this because I told her she couldn't wear black. B1tch you are the Maid of Honor (because you assumed the role, not because I asked you) and nowhere in my wedding is black part of the theme. Obviously I said this in a much nicer way, but I still got this. Mind you, she's leaving school on Saturday morning....my wedding is on Sunday...and she's leaving Sunday night. Get f*cked.

2n0setg.jpg

lol #######

i watch say yes to the dress bridesmaids and think those ppl are so rude

hoooowever i AM the one that refuses the low cut dress

my sister tried to pull the bride card on it last year and my mom told her to deal with it

i am a modest peron and shes lucky im wearing a dress at all

i dont wear skirts

i told her if it pissed her off then i wouldnt stand in it

however, again, i would not be upset because i understand i dont fit in her look

shes more upset now that our stepsis bailed on the wedding completely to go volunteer in africa when she was a bridesmaid

it may seem selfish to be upset about (africa and all) but our stepsis is hugely selfish herself so i dont mind my sister being upset lol

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

And holy ######...she just backed out of the programs anyway! F*cking Sunday, man. Not enough alcohol to get through this day.

lol #######

i watch say yes to the dress bridesmaids and think those ppl are so rude

hoooowever i AM the one that refuses the low cut dress

my sister tried to pull the bride card on it last year and my mom told her to deal with it

i am a modest peron and shes lucky im wearing a dress at all

i dont wear skirts

i told her if it pissed her off then i wouldnt stand in it

however, again, i would not be upset because i understand i dont fit in her look

shes more upset now that our stepsis bailed on the wedding completely to go volunteer in africa when she was a bridesmaid

it may seem selfish to be upset about (africa and all) but our stepsis is hugely selfish herself so i dont mind my sister being upset lol

I can't stand that show, even though I secretly love it. I picked a dress that was simple and had the chance of being worn again. Even I want to buy one; I like it so much! But she is never pleased with anything unless she has planned it all.

And that is shitty. I was in the same boat with one of my best friends' weddings, but it was a job overseas and I couldn't say no.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

LOL, fortunately my husband has only a suitcase worth of personal belongings to his name. He's travelled and lived abroad so many times it didn't make sense to carry a lot of stuff.

I feel your pain about moving. If I get this job (2nd interview on the 18th!) then I'll be leaving Pennsylvania :cry:

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png