SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

But still, how is it my wife's responsibility to renovate that house? Especially when the culture "Marries out" their women.....They leave the door, the woman's side of the family is free of responsibilities.

Welcome new ranters. I'm not the best qualified greeter right now, because of my foul mood. But stick around, plenty of ranting here......

IMO, I wouldn't go on that trip simply because your SIL was so disrespectful to your family even asking for that money when she really didn't need it.

_______

I personally think remittances ruin the economy of the Philippines and other countries and hurt the American economy. A country won't develop its own stable industries and economy if the people remaining are basically on foreign welfare. Plus, all that money sent back home isn't being spent in the USA. A lose lose situation.

______

I am not looking forward to our first huge fight. I don't know what it will be about, but I know it will come one day. :unsure:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband and I basically NEVER argue or fight.

I get upset about stupid things he says and I go pout for 2 minutes, but I know it's never worth being mad about those things so we literally NEVER fight except that one time and that was 2 years of resentment building up.

I've been put in charge of my sister's wedding.

Perhaps I should start a thread for her so I can get ideas and opinions.

I've been working on the budget since yesterday.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

IMO, I wouldn't go on that trip simply because your SIL was so disrespectful to your family even asking for that money when she really didn't need it.

_______

I personally think remittances ruin the economy of the Philippines and other countries and hurt the American economy. A country won't develop its own stable industries and economy if the people remaining are basically on foreign welfare. Plus, all that money sent back home isn't being spent in the USA. A lose lose situation.

______

I am not looking forward to our first huge fight. I don't know what it will be about, but I know it will come one day. :unsure:

As of now, I have boycotted this trip. And I'm not letting my daughter go with Tiff. I'm waiting to see what Tiff does. Her bags are packed. Mine are not. I don't even have a suitcase yet. She already has 4 bags, and can't possibly carry them all. (I don't know if she can even check them in if I'm not there). If she goes without us. I will be very disappointed. And I will protest by not driving her to the airport. I would like for Tiff to stand by me. Then may be I will consider going. She has 24 hours to decide. Anything after that, i'm not going.

I know this trip means a lot to Tiff. She hasn't been back for 12 years. I have a soft heart for Tiffany, I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

And her sister is ridiculous/ extremely disrespectful, for even ask for money before we even get there, for a purpose of fueling a lavish life. Tiff keeps saying this sis isn't like that. I keep showing her what I see on FB. People change Tiff.

Her sis staying in my house is outright an A-hole.......she seems to think that because she's tiff's elder sis, that she can treat me as a junior brother......Hello....You're living in my house for free.....GET OUT! And don't ask me for anymore favors.

The economy of Malaysia isn't too bad for Asia. I think may be # 6 (Per Cap income higher than China). And # 7 in GDP.

I can't find anywhere that sells quality disposable plastic dinnerware.

I feel like I'm stuck on party city but it has GOT to be cheaper SOMEWHERE.

This is what I've found so far:

http://www.partycity...navSet=flatware

http://www.partycity...&navSet=avocado

Alternative for the dinner plates:

http://www.partycity...c+plates+silver

She's only doing dessert for the wedding so the silver ones would be an acceptable alternative.

She has approx 180ppl

I don't know how to budget for desserts

Costco?

Edited by SteveAndTiff

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Considering how "nothing good happens after midnight," and considering the irresponsible machista behavior of 99.44% of all Ecuatorianos, and considering how Ecus party, and considering that he'll leave his amigos soon, this sounds like a match made in heaven for you, si ma'am. I'm sincerely very encouraged by this show of responsibility.

Sidebar note: Mrs. T-B.-to-be arrived at POE (by virtue of the K-1) looking quite dazed, and she promptly got beastly sick with a roaring upper respiratory infection, sigh man. It turned out that she had attended 3 despedidas (going-away parties) in 3 different Ecu cities before boarding her plane, and hadn't slept in something like 30 hours, zzz man.

Yeah, Ecuadorians are definitely seriously partiers. This might be because of how ridicuously cheap booze is. Hubby doesn't go out too often, and if he does it's usually with me, so a night out on his own every once in a while doesn't bug me. I'd expect the same courtesy, really, and will once we get home. You're right, though, compared to the majority of males his age, he's definitely on a different maturity level. Thankfully. I don't think I could deal with some of the nonsense I hear from friends.

Sad Self-Rant: Saturday was the 10-month anniversary of having to euthanize my little cat. We were together for 10 yr 2 mo 3 wk, and I wanted another 10 years with her, but there was no option. It should not be this difficult to dispense with the grief, no man. The new cat is a plump, purring, affectionate sweetheart, but I was still ripped up beyond expectation on the anniversary day, sigh man.

Aww, I sympathize. March 1st was the two year anniversary of my dog dying (not that I'm keep track or anything whistling.gif). I still don't know what happened to her. She had a type of heart attack, and couldn't breath. If I didn't know better I'd say she was poisoned, but she was just a baby still so she was literally always with us. It was probably some evil monster virus that breeds in all the strays down here. mad.gif I cried for three months after she died. I have a soft spot for animals. blush.gif

Ooh I hope that it all works out for you. I know that when we go to Puerto Plata to visit, I really dislike being in the barrio for any extended period of time. The people there are all very nice, and they are all Gabriela's friends, and family, but me? I'm santa claus and nothing more than "Rico Gringo de Gabriela". I just try and spend as little time there as possible because I'm asked for money so much. I don't even feel bad saying NO anymore.

That's how people in our neighborhood know me! "La Gringa". There are definitely people who ask for money on the streets, but I rarely give it to them. When my Dad came to visit he brought all this extravagant gifts for Diego's ENTIRE family (and you know latino families are HUGE). I didn't mind him bringing gifts, but these were expensive, and I told him not to do it anymore or else they'd start to expect that kind of treatment and probably get the wrong idea about my financial situation. It's a complicated line to walk.

I don't really have big arguments with my hubby. We bicker about stupid things and get mad for five minutes but then one of us apologizes and we forget about it. Insofar as BIG fights, I honestly can't remember when the last one was or what it was about. I guess that's a good thing, though. blink.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

Also, HUGE rant.

I hate trying to translate weights into space.

FOR EXAMPLE

17oz of sand.

How much SPACE does this take up?!

http://www.amazon.com/Weddingstar-Crystalline-Quartz-Apple-Green/dp/B000PHIV6I/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1362924782&sr=8-9&keywords=green+sand

OR how about this one!

http://www.ohnuts.com/buy.cfm/green-candy-popcorn-green-apple

3lbs of popcorn.

Is that pre or post popped?

Because 3lbs of popped popcorn would be a TON

But if you look at the pictures of the tins, that looks small

Or maybe the jar is bigger than it looks

I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH POPCORN ILL NEED FOR THE CANDY BAR!

candy-bar.jpg

oldlady.gif

Timeline

----------------------------------------------------------

When I think hard about it, I got lucky with my husband.

No smoking, no drugs (pot is a drug), no drinking.

I don't do any of these things.

But almost everyone does ONE of these things.

no results......

That was my point

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Also, HUGE rant.

I hate trying to translate weights into space.

FOR EXAMPLE

17oz of sand.

How much SPACE does this take up?!

http://www.amazon.co...ords=green+sand

OR how about this one!

http://www.ohnuts.co...orn-green-apple

3lbs of popcorn.

Is that pre or post popped?

Because 3lbs of popped popcorn would be a TON

But if you look at the pictures of the tins, that looks small

Or maybe the jar is bigger than it looks

I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH POPCORN ILL NEED FOR THE CANDY BAR!

candy-bar.jpg

lol I think 3 lbs of popcorn weighs the same before and after popping......

----------------------------------------------------------

When I think hard about it, I got lucky with my husband.

No smoking, no drugs (pot is a drug), no drinking.

I don't do any of these things.

But almost everyone does ONE of these things.

That was my point

I know dear lol

Timeline

lol I think 3 lbs of popcorn weighs the same before and after popping......

I was trying to figure that out last night!

But it still doesn't help me figure out how much 3lbs of popcorn is!

You also have to keep in mind, this popcorn will most likely weigh more AFTER popping because it has candy coating on it.

I just took a look at the candy bar from my wedding:

150330_456767413193_6418341_n.jpg

There's no way in HELL that that is going to be enough for my sister's big a$$ dessert wedding.

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I was trying to figure that out last night!

But it still doesn't help me figure out how much 3lbs of popcorn is!

You also have to keep in mind, this popcorn will most likely weigh more AFTER popping because it has candy coating on it.

I just took a look at the candy bar from my wedding:

150330_456767413193_6418341_n.jpg

There's no way in HELL that that is going to be enough for my sister's big a$$ dessert wedding.

you'll need a lot more than that......

Timeline

Matching colors on the internet also blows

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-pieces-Sheer-Organza-Wedding-Party-Favor-Decoration-Gift-Candy-Pouch-Bags-/120962607339?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=420087671675&hash=item1c29eee8eb

Does this match?

No idea.

you'll need a lot more than that......

I had more candy to refill but there was a lot left over and only 80ppl AND I served real food.

She's going to have 180ppl and only dessert.

I ordered 35lbs of candy.

In my cart yesterday, I only have 37lbs for her

BUT HOW MUCH SPACE DOES POPCORN TAKE UP?!

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I think this deserves its own thread.

:thumbs:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Matching colors on the internet also blows

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c29eee8eb

Does this match?

No idea.

I had more candy to refill but there was a lot left over and only 80ppl AND I served real food.

She's going to have 180ppl and only dessert.

I ordered 35lbs of candy.

In my cart yesterday, I only have 37lbs for her

BUT HOW MUCH SPACE DOES POPCORN TAKE UP?!

Match what? a pool table? yes.

we're quickly barreling towards the 2000th post on The Rant. Who's gonna get that prestigious title?

I think this deserves its own thread.

:thumbs:

yes it does lol