SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

I've heard of that mall.....

hey what do you mean 2 of your kids? Some kind of handicap organization?

Si. I work in a group home with four teenagers with special abilities. It's super fun :)

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

/grumpy must not read posts or respond to them today

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

I dont know about you but taking a walk helps me, which is what i am going to do right now before I start going off on people haha

laters

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

So, hubby went out with his friends last night (which is perfectly fine, especially since we're leaving soon and he won't see them again for a good while) to go out for food and drinks. He texted me at 11 PM saying he would be home late and to not wait up for him. I went to sleep. He stumbled in at 4 AM, barfed his guts up, and then tumbled into bed.

Now, he technically did everything right: texted me to let me know, puked in the toilet and cleaned up, changed into clean clothes before coming to bed, put his phone on silence so it wouldn't wake me up... yet somehow I am still annoyed. I completely realize I have NOTHING to be annoyed about... but I can't help but feel a twinge of annoyance.

I think this is a sign I need to get out of my MIL's house. Everything annoys me anymore. blink.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Niki get wit da times, this is the 90s.....use wireless.........

Hey now, I was in high school in the 90s. Lol. In was shooting peeps on the nets. Wireless is NOT good for the

at. ;)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Taking two of our kids to the Mall of America today. Since it's Saturday, we'll likely spend more time trying to park our handicap van than actually doing stuff in the mall, but hey...at least I'm getting paid.

OMG that place has been crazy lately. Too many people getting stir crazy with winter and going to the mall lately. last Saturday took forever to find a spot. drivers are following people leaving until they get to their cars then taking their spot. if you're not right on it, someone else will try to jump into even if its obvious you waited for it.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Steve, maybe ask tiff if there is something her sister needs? Does the house work? Is there mold or something else that makes the house uninhabitable? Ask her if you too need to renovate your own home or would doing so be a want item? Maybe ask her if she feels guilty about saying no after saying yes? Maybe its as small pride thing for her? Maybe she could help out but just not so much? Ask her what would she do without you if let's say you died? Could she pay the bills? Make sure her daughter was okay? Or would she still be sending money off when someone asks? She needs to know its okay to be a little selfish. You have to take care of yourself before anyone else. It's why on planes they say to put your own oxygen mask on first, even before your child's. Also I think if you need to talk, get in the car go for a drive and go talk. Don't argue in front of your daughter or where her sister can chime in. Above all else she also needs to know you always love her, and her generous nature. You feel like you're protecting her from people taking advantage which is what a MAN would do. You provide and protect, how each man chooses to do those things for their spouse is individual. She needs to figure out its not you vs her family in Malaysia but that you're on her side, even she doesn't know it.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Steve, maybe ask tiff if there is something her sister needs? Does the house work? Is there mold or something else that makes the house uninhabitable? Ask her if you too need to renovate your own home or would doing so be a want item? Maybe ask her if she feels guilty about saying no after saying yes? Maybe its as small pride thing for her? Maybe she could help out but just not so much? Ask her what would she do without you if let's say you died? Could she pay the bills? Make sure her daughter was okay? Or would she still be sending money off when someone asks? She needs to know its okay to be a little selfish. You have to take care of yourself before anyone else. It's why on planes they say to put your own oxygen mask on first, even before your child's. Also I think if you need to talk, get in the car go for a drive and go talk. Don't argue in front of your daughter or where her sister can chime in. Above all else she also needs to know you always love her, and her generous nature. You feel like you're protecting her from people taking advantage which is what a MAN would do. You provide and protect, how each man chooses to do those things for their spouse is individual. She needs to figure out its not you vs her family in Malaysia but that you're on her side, even she doesn't know it.

Thanks Niki, that's logical rational thinking. I have covered most of what you said. Nothing seems to get through to her that her obligation is to her immediate family first. In fact, nothing seems to get through to her that her immediate family is me and my daughter now.

She blindly defends her sis in Malaysia. But she hasn't seen this sister in 12 years. People change. They were 18 and 16 respectively when they last saw each other.

What I see on FB, is a lavish life style enjoyed by her due to foreign / outside money pumped into her life.

what else can I do? I do love Tiff dearly. But times like this makes me feel that she has nothing but disregard for me and my daughter.

I want to keep these rants short, because I know I'm being redundant. And you guys must be sick of hearing about this by now.

The list of gifts being brought back is already ridiculous. And sadly, I contributed to that list....

walk was good. Stomach tea was good. I am less grumpy but still annoyed.

/rant I dislike phones or people who talk about nothing for hours on them (to me)....thankfully, I no longer pick up said calls.

Edited by JTB11

I only hope, Steve, that you two can mend the rift. Everyone on here is, for all intensive purposes, a stranger, but because we go through this huge thing in our lives, we bond. I think its why finding love online is so common now. As long as both people are open and truthful, it can lead to the best relationship we've ever experienced.

Point being, I think about you guys as friends. I can share and also try to give help or advice. While I know we will never meet and eventually we probably all will drift off into something else, it does leave a lasting impression. I do have hope your in everlasting happiness. It saddens me when you are sad and I rejoice in your joy. Perhaps its just me, and my overly emotional self.

________ (I like Nola's idea here)

Onto a rant... Ex continues to have fights with kiddo about clothes. He doesn't see that she is a product of what he's created by always giving in. I don't doubt I've contributed either but not nearly as much. She's also going thru all the stuff of my eventual move, and turning into a preteen. But mostly, if you stop giving the child everything she wants when she wants it sage will learn anticipation and eventual reward of something earned. /hits thick skull with stick.

RANT IM OUT OF COFFEE!!! ARGH!!

which brings me to my next subject........

I would never say to my friend "hey lend me a dollar?" or even "Hey lend me a 20?"

I always say "Hey Jim gimme a dollar", or "Hey Jim gimme ten bucks"

why? Because that's my friend, and I'm not ever going to pay him back (even if I remember to).

Why? (Remember when I was talking about how many friends do you really have/ need?)

Because if I gave him the 10 bucks, I'd give it to him with the understanding that this is a gift to my friend.

So why ever say "Lend me"?

I so agree with this post. My father use to always tell me that if when you die and you have ONE friend.. You're a lucky man. I'm lucky in that I do have a true friend in the world although I probably look at friendship much differently than most, and I agree I'd never ask my friend to lend me anything. I may say hey I need this or that, but never borrow, loan, or lend.

I look at freindship as a special thing. Friends never have to be sorry to one another, or say thank you because you're friends. Things are just unspoken and totally understood by one to the other. I have a lot of aquaintences I guess you'ld call them, and people that I enjoy company with all of the time. I call them friends as well, but it's different. One of my aquaintences was with my true friend and I once while we were out sailing. The question of friendship came up of what makes up true friends. My true friend answered with a question.. If you and he were to survive a plane crash while in Alaska, and he was hurt would you take off your coat to keep him from freezing knowing that you yourself would freeze. That was my true friends take on what makes us friends, and he is right.. I would without thinking about it for him, and he me. True Friends...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Rant: It is effing SOUL-DESTROYING to watch Ireland play rugby. This 6 Nations has been just completely depressing. Why do we do this to ourselves? :bonk:

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png