SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

@Niki :rofl:

We are having my SIL and her new boy toy over for coffee today. My husband doesn't want to meet anyone she hasn't dated for at least 6 months and I know that he doesn't know about her rather scandalous past, but we are going to try and suck it up and hope that maybe this is a good change. It is going to be awkward and my Danish is still #######...so yeah.

Oh and Steve, Hasids....

They are special.

Edited by Nola123

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Sorry to be a buzzkill. I didn't mean to turn this thread into a melancholy fest.

Here's a real rant:

Dear U.S. Government,

Why does an employee have to be laid off to receive unemployment compensation benefits? Sometimes people quit for their own sanity and they should not be forced onto the streets when their paychecks run dry. It's the same with termination. Terminations don't always equate to a person being a poor worker.

It's OK Singh, rant away here. I'm glad to see this thread serving its purpose.

That might have been it. They might not realize that such a salary doesn't go far when living in NYC.

I saw my ex-MIL's tax return one year. I almost fainted when I saw it was in the 7 figures, mostly because they were so cheap with their son. :huh:

My mom, who is joint sponsoring, made me promise not to show my husband or anyone else besides the CO her tax returns. :lol:

Anyone can see mine 'cuz I poor.

My husband is the same way with his sister. He loves her and helps her out, but doesn't think she should get any of our stuff for free. It is pretty common here that people don't get or give a lot financially within the family. They think it breeds independence or something. :rolleyes:

Money is nice, but it does bring its problems.

I do sincerely appreciate my truck after not having a car for 7 months.

____

I have a headache this morning and had to listen to my daughter scream because my husband moved one of her things, scream like a banshee when I brushed her hair, and now scream because she can't have chocolate for breakfast.

This day is going well. :dead:

You know what I'm talking about (Living in NYC). Stop braggin about your truck that we know you use to haul your twin wave runners around :P

Aw Nola. Remember it's probably the stress of the upcoming change that is hard on her. She can't see so far ahead as to know that it's better, just that it's stressful right now and she doesn't like it.

Rant: computer won't connect to internet via cable but will via wireless... #######?! Sounds like a virus. Installing anti-virus ASAP. I don't want to format again. :( Just did it in Oct.

Niki get wit da times, this is the 90s.....use wireless.........

Timeline

Needless to say, I didn't sleep well last night......Perhaps today I'll look into vacationing by myself elsewhere with the time that I have spared by NOT GOING WITH MY WIFE..........

Timeline

Needless to say, I didn't sleep well last night......Perhaps today I'll look into vacationing by myself elsewhere with the time that I have spared by NOT GOING WITH MY WIFE..........

Oh, you two will make up. :luv:

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

Oh, you two will make up. :luv:

How can we make up when I can't get it thru to her thick head that renovating her sister's luxury home does not lie within Tiff's responsibility.

When viewed from another perspective, it's very disrespectful to me and my daughter. I pay for everything, so Tiff can use her money to finance her sisters lavish life? And eventually depriving my daughter...

Edited by SteveAndTiff

How can we make up when I can't get it thru to her thick head that renovating her sister's luxury home does not lie within Tiff's responsibility.

When viewed from another perspective, it's very disrespectful to me and my daughter. I pay for everything, so Tiff can use her money to finance her sisters lavish life? And eventually depriving my daughter...

Families can be bastards and it is so so hard to say no to them especially when you are a sensitive and genuinely kind person. I hope you guys can work it out and if she finds a good way to say "no" and not feel guilty let me know. It will be selfishly helpful to me too.

rant: stupid fish spread thing made me sick. /punch fish in a can

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

Timeline

Families can be bastards and it is so so hard to say no to them especially when you are a sensitive and genuinely kind person. I hope you guys can work it out and if she finds a good way to say "no" and not feel guilty let me know. It will be selfishly helpful to me too.

rant: stupid fish spread thing made me sick. /punch fish in a can

In all my wits, I can't seem to find a solution to this. what is there to solve when Tiff puts her sister's lifestyle before the welfare of our daughter, and me. It's not about the money, far from it. I make a pretty good living.

It's about what is important to Tiff. And how easily she will get swindled out of her money if I'm not around. Then everything that I've worked for in my life becomes all for nothing.

Somehow the words "fish" and "spread" don't go well together...sounds like a posting in "Bizarre foods" is in order...

I understand where you are coming from.

My parents are currently in "money trouble" and have been....now they had gone to my sister for money (since her husband is well off) and to my brother and to me for money. I had given them everything I had, literally - so now I have to start over for the 3rd time around with saving money....it is no fun knowing I have nothing to back me up. They are living in a 5 bedroom home (2 elderly people), which they cannot afford to pay for and expect me to handle the expenses. They had bought either lottery tickets, or alcohol as opposed to paying what is needed. I know the situation is not the same but what i do know is that despite knowing in my mind that this is not right, I still give them everything. I feel terribly guilty if i do not. How it will affect my future and by extension my future husband's future is somehow in the back of my mind but.....

So, all i can say is ....It is good she has you there as the "voice of reason" even if she might not appreciate it at the moment. Good luck !!

Off to bizzare food thread to post about the fish thing. Geez making me move from thread to thread. :bonk:

Timeline

I bet you miss the "Jew Bell" Nola :)

I don't recall ever noticing it. :unsure:

In all my wits, I can't seem to find a solution to this. what is there to solve when Tiff puts her sister's lifestyle before the welfare of our daughter, and me. It's not about the money, far from it. I make a pretty good living.

It's about what is important to Tiff. And how easily she will get swindled out of her money if I'm not around. Then everything that I've worked for in my life becomes all for nothing.

Sometimes it happens. My dad got swindled out of much of his inheritance and the rest he spent trying to pretend to be rich. Unfortunately, money doesn't last long if you aren't returning some to the pot. He ended up so poor at the end that we can't even close the estate until his house sells. Sad.

If it were my husband, he would simply forbid I do it. :lol:

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

I understand where you are coming from.

My parents are currently in "money trouble" and have been....now they had gone to my sister for money (since her husband is well off) and to my brother and to me for money. I had given them everything I had, literally - so now I have to start over for the 3rd time around with saving money....it is no fun knowing I have nothing to back me up. They are living in a 5 bedroom home (2 elderly people), which they cannot afford to pay for and expect me to handle the expenses. They had bought either lottery tickets, or alcohol as opposed to paying what is needed. I know the situation is not the same but what i do know is that despite knowing in my mind that this is not right, I still give them everything. I feel terribly guilty if i do not. How it will affect my future and by extension my future husband's future is somehow in the back of my mind but.....

So, all i can say is ....It is good she has you there as the "voice of reason" even if she might not appreciate it at the moment. Good luck !!

Off to bizzare food thread to post about the fish thing. Geez making me move from thread to thread. :bonk:

That's between a rock and a hard place too..........But help should not support anything lavish.

Timeline

Sometimes it happens. My dad got swindled out of much of his inheritance and the rest he spent trying to pretend to be rich. Unfortunately, money doesn't last long if you aren't returning some to the pot. He ended up so poor at the end that we can't even close the estate until his house sells. Sad.

You probably didn't live near a Haisid community.....

Yes, a small fortune is a fragile thing. It can be lost in a short period of time.

Even huge fortunes are lost in a generation. Sometimes I read about the Astors, the family has become unnoticeable with the death of Brook Astor. Her son is going to jail (at age 88) for fraud. The family was once among the richest on the planet.

wow your dad sounds like mine. If only he sold this villa he has here all would be great. :whistle:

Taking two of our kids to the Mall of America today. Since it's Saturday, we'll likely spend more time trying to park our handicap van than actually doing stuff in the mall, but hey...at least I'm getting paid.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Timeline

Taking two of our kids to the Mall of America today. Since it's Saturday, we'll likely spend more time trying to park our handicap van than actually doing stuff in the mall, but hey...at least I'm getting paid.

I've heard of that mall.....

hey what do you mean 2 of your kids? Some kind of handicap organization?