SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

If that is what works for both of you then cool. But I still don't think a husband or wife should just throw money away just because it is 'theirs'. If you aren't going to put it to something worth while and you just want to waste it then a family vacation would be a better way of doing it.

Might as well burn the 15K if you ask me. At least then you get to enjoy the warmth of it and maybe make some BBQ! Waste it in a way the you and the daughter can enjoy it as well.

Oh yea, I'm not defending her in that sense. In principle, the money is hers.

But if she gives it to her sister for that purpose, then we have some serious problems.

Oh yea, I'm not defending her in that sense. In principle, the money is hers.

But if she gives it to her sister for that purpose, then we have some serious problems.

Agreed!

So what else is going on in the world Mr. Steve?

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Timeline

I took another day off. Just so I can be livid......I shoulda gone to work.

I'm boycotting this trip.

I spent all day on VJ, in between fighting with Tiff........

No bizarre foods to talk about. I shoulda went out with my thuggy friends, but I'm not good company.

My 3 year old keeps telling us not to fight.........(I'm saddened)

this trip is costing upwards of 30k or better, there was an originally planned side trip to Hong Kong....

Timeline

I'll let my wife explain to my FIL why his favorite son in law didn't show. Then when he calls up, I'll explain everything. He's quite the man of principle, and hopefully correct this.

Timeline

I kinda realize where my mistake was btw..........

In attempting to help Tiff's siblings get a B2 visa, I sent them each an I-134 package as supporting documents.

In it, is listed my income and assets..............

Oh shitty.

On a positive note my husband was listening to a song he used to attribute to me while he was still in Guam. It made him remember how he felt before I was in his life and how he felt when I was first there. That initial I think I'm in love feeling. He told me this and it brought tears to my eyes. I think sometimes we're so used to it, we forget, him more than me. I was happy he remembered.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I took another day off. Just so I can be livid......I shoulda gone to work.

I'm boycotting this trip.

I spent all day on VJ, in between fighting with Tiff........

No bizarre foods to talk about. I shoulda went out with my thuggy friends, but I'm not good company.

My 3 year old keeps telling us not to fight.........(I'm saddened)

this trip is costing upwards of 30k or better, there was an originally planned side trip to Hong Kong....

I'll let my wife explain to my FIL why his favorite son in law didn't show. Then when he calls up, I'll explain everything. He's quite the man of principle, and hopefully correct this.

I kinda realize where my mistake was btw..........

In attempting to help Tiff's siblings get a B2 visa, I sent them each an I-134 package as supporting documents.

In it, is listed my income and assets..............

Well to me the amount just spent on gifts was a little outrageous. I know just getting there isn't even close to cheap as well.

We can'yt all be rainbows and puppy kisses all the time.

I don't always brood, but when I do I do it in my man cave without toilet paper and a pink polka doted towel.

I am a huge advocate of those 'discussions' never happening in front of kids. It's hard but much better for them in the long run.

Ya, I think you screwed the pooch with volunteering that info. Unknowingly of course but no good deed goes unpunished right?

But when it is all said and done I don't think you are being unreasonable here. Granted I don't have all the facts I am sure but I would be on the same side of the fence as you I am sure.

With my wife and I, everything we do is a team effort, so all the money is for the team. No your and mine.

November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!

Oh shitty.

On a positive note my husband was listening to a song he used to attribute to me while he was still in Guam. It made him remember how he felt before I was in his life and how he felt when I was first there. That initial I think I'm in love feeling. He told me this and it brought tears to my eyes. I think sometimes we're so used to it, we forget, him more than me. I was happy he remembered.

:thumbs:

Timeline

Oh shitty.

You forgot to tell us what the song is.....

Timeline

Well to me the amount just spent on gifts was a little outrageous. I know just getting there isn't even close to cheap as well.

We can'yt all be rainbows and puppy kisses all the time.

I don't always brood, but when I do I do it in my man cave without toilet paper and a pink polka doted towel.

I am a huge advocate of those 'discussions' never happening in front of kids. It's hard but much better for them in the long run.

Ya, I think you screwed the pooch with volunteering that info. Unknowingly of course but no good deed goes unpunished right?

But when it is all said and done I don't think you are being unreasonable here. Granted I don't have all the facts I am sure but I would be on the same side of the fence as you I am sure.

With my wife and I, everything we do is a team effort, so all the money is for the team. No your and mine.

There's no team effort here..........

I met Tiff here. She was poor (And understandably so). I started out paying for everything, and that's the way it remained.

I never minded for a second that she keeps everything she makes, knowing that everything that I make will one day go to her and daughter. But this is a curve ball........Like I said, the most expensive gift she ever bought me is a 300 bucks coat. (I'm not one to want lavish gifts) But come on........Tiff can buy her sis a 300 dollar gift.....

whats next? do I have to feed their kids and put them through college?

I'm just so friggin mad right now...

Sorry guys. I'm miserable company tonight. And you guys have been great.

Edited by SteveAndTiff

There's no team effort here..........

I met Tiff here. She was poor (And understandably so). I started out paying for everything, and that's the way it remained.

I never minded for a second that she keeps everything she makes, knowing that everything that I make will one day go to her and daughter. But this is a curve ball........Like I said, the most expensive gift she ever bought me is a 300 bucks coat. (I'm not one to want lavish gifts) But come on........Tiff can buy her sis a 300 dollar gift.....

I'm just so friggin mad right now...

Sorry guys. I'm miserable company tonight. And you guys have been great.

Sounds like a great time to have a cool and collected conversation about maybe changing some of the rules. If that is something that appeals to you. To me it isn't so much as minding but has to do taking personal responsibility and wanting to contribute to the success of the home, family, life! Just because it started out one way doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't change. If there is no change then there is no progress, change is good.

No need to be sorry man! If you can't vent to a bunch of invisible people who can you vent too! I mean really!

Just thought of a couple quotes thinking about your situation:

I gave my life

To become the person

I am right now.

Was it worth it?

Richard Bach

There is no such thing as a problem

without a gift in its hands.

We seek the problems because we need the gifts.

I would offer you a beer but....

You would just brag about how one time you had this one beer and this other one and you were on the moon with Michael Jackson and how awesome that was driving around on the moon in your leased Benz etc. etc.

Timeline

lol I haven't had a drink in months.....

And there's no such a thing as a calm cool and collective conversation right now.

To me, she has no regard for this family.

Because I think to Tiff, her family is back in Malaysia............

I'm about to throw the other sister out of my basement for chiming in........

lol I haven't had a drink in months.....

And there's no such a thing as a calm cool and collective conversation right now.

To me, she has no regard for this family.

Because I think to Tiff, her family is back in Malaysia............

I'm about to throw the other sister out of my basement for chiming in........

Sounds like Disneyland!!!!

Once you have your chill on get your conversation on. Don't want to say anything out of anger, once said it can never be taken back and it is never forgotten.

SIL needs to realize that she is the peanut gallery and needs to not get involved in others debates, although I am sure that would be a miracle.

Does the basement door have a lock? :whistle:

You forgot to tell us what the song is.....

End of heartache by killswitch engage. It's not a romantic sounding song until you read the lyrics.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Sounds like Disneyland!!!!

Once you have your chill on get your conversation on. Don't want to say anything out of anger, once said it can never be taken back and it is never forgotten.

SIL needs to realize that she is the peanut gallery and needs to not get involved in others debates, although I am sure that would be a miracle.

Does the basement door have a lock? :whistle:

Doesn't lock from the outside in lol

right now, it seems as tho the whole family is pretty ungrateful