SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Tis okay, I know yer not in the best of moods right now either.

Thanks, and yea you're right about that......what a day off I'm having.......

This forum makes me feel better tho, so thanks everyone lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thanks, and yea you're right about that......what a day off I'm having.......

This forum makes me feel better tho, so thanks everyone lol

If you calling me fat makes you feel better, I'll take one for the team... this time... whistling.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

I was thinking of buying the rushfit DVD collection. I am getting fat. :(

Also when I move to the USA I'm starting my own business. Training dogs. Whatcha think?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I was thinking of buying the rushfit DVD collection. I am getting fat. :(

Also when I move to the USA I'm starting my own business. Training dogs. Whatcha think?

I thought you wanted to train Horsies.........

Timeline

In the 12 years that I've known Tiff, this is the biggest fight we've had.

I can't get it through her thick skull, that renovating her sister's luxury home is NOT Tiff's responsibility..........

I thought you wanted to train Horsies.........

Bit easier to train dogs. Less space needed. Lol. I'm just tired of retail bullsheet

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

In the 12 years that I've known Tiff, this is the biggest fight we've had.

I can't get it through her thick skull, that renovating her sister's luxury home is NOT Tiff's responsibility..........

Quite honestly from my point of view (the husband), while I don't mind helping out either of our families if it is needed, my responsibility starts and ends with my family (i.e - My wife and eventually kids)

Edit - I realize I am an outsider of their customs but even if I was rich I would have told hthe SIL to go pound sand. We work too hard for what we have just to be giving it away so family can mooch. Your daughters college fund not withstanding, that 15K could be a great family vacation to Ireland, England, etc. Sorry, just thinking about someone doing that makes me mad.

Edited by CHarvey80

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Timeline

Quite honestly from my point of view (the husband), while I don't mind helping out either of our families if it is needed, my responsibility starts and ends with my family (i.e - My wife and eventually kids)

well Mr Harvey welcome back lol.

Did you read the whole story tho?

This is Tiff feeling that it's her responsibility to renovate what is considered a luxurious house, for her sister . Who is 28 yeard old. And goes on 4 vacations a year with her husband, has his and hers rolexes, 2 newer cars. Husband's father owns a cable manufacturer (And shelled out for the down payment of the house).

Do you feel that it's Tiff's responsibility to help finance this renovation?

Edited by SteveAndTiff

well Mr Harvey welcome back lol.

Did you read the whole story tho?

This is Tiff feeling that it's her responsibility to renovate what is considered a luxurious house, for her sister . Who is 28 yeard old. And goes on 4 vacations a year with her husband, has his and hers rolexes, 2 newer cars. Husband's father owns a cable manufacturer (And shelled out for the down payment of the house).

Do you feel that it's Tiff's responsibility to help finance this renovation?

Thank you Steve.

I did read the whole story, judging from your response I did not articulate my thoughts well enough.

I would NOT give them one red cent!!! Not one!

Even if they weren't well off I wouldn't pay for a renovation. Renovation means you should have purchased a cheaper house so you could have the capital to fund the renovation your self. You don't buy a house thinking, I'll just have my sis pay to have everything in the house replaced. Like I said, I would tell her to go and pound sand!

She wouldn't be helping her sister. She would be supporting her excessive lifestyle and setting a horrible precedence that all her cousins and other siblings would think they can come and get some too! Where is my piece of the pie!?!?!?!?!

November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!

Timeline

Edit - I realize I am an outsider of their customs but even if I was rich I would have told hthe SIL to go pound sand. We work too hard for what we have just to be giving it away so family can mooch. Your daughters college fund not withstanding, that 15K could be a great family vacation to Ireland, England, etc. Sorry, just thinking about someone doing that makes me mad.

Hey dude, and I don't know of ANY custom where it's customary to help out when they're better off than us........(well, no they're not. But the point)

Renovation means you should have purchased a cheaper house so you could have the capital to fund the renovation your self. You don't buy a house thinking, I'll just have my sis pay to have everything in the house replaced. Like I said, I would tell her to go and pound sand!

She wouldn't be helping her sister. She would be supporting her excessive lifestyle and setting a horrible precedence that all her cousins and other siblings would think they can come and get some too! Where is my piece of the pie!?!?!?!?!

Ditto.........

Timeline

In her defense, that 15K is not really my daughter's college money. I have the 529K covered. It's Tiff's money. But she has that money because I kick it all. I pay for everything. I think of and plan for her financial future.

But this is truly a slap in my face. Insulting. Not to mention that money CAN be added to my daughter's college fund. Contribute to this family. Help pay for the house that I've always wanted to build on my farm upstate....(and I can do it, but I chose to save the money instead).

In her defense, that 15K is not really my daughter's college money. I have the 529K covered. It's Tiff's money. But she has that money because I kick it all. I pay for everything. I think of and plan for her financial future.

But this is truly a slap in my face. Insulting. Not to mention that money CAN be added to my daughter's college fund. Contribute to this family. Help pay for the house that I've always wanted to build on my farm upstate....(and I can do it, but I chose to save the money instead).

If that is what works for both of you then cool. But I still don't think a husband or wife should just throw money away just because it is 'theirs'. If you aren't going to put it to something worth while and you just want to waste it then a family vacation would be a better way of doing it.

Might as well burn the 15K if you ask me. At least then you get to enjoy the warmth of it and maybe make some BBQ! Waste it in a way the you and the daughter can enjoy it as well.