SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

BTW, do you guys know what a "Jew Bell" is?

(Nola probably knows)

blink.gif No idea, but it sounds dirty.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

blink.gif No idea, but it sounds dirty.

No no, not dirty. I live in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn (Dyker Heights, to be exact. because "Dyker Heights" doesn't exist on a map, it's a fictional neighborhood). Anyway. I'm just a few blocks from the neighborhood "Borough park". Where lives a close knit community of Jews that are called "The Haisidic Jews". These are the ones dressed like this...........

Hasidicjews09.jpg

So anyway. They are observers of The Sabbath. Or " shabbat"

Every Friday evening from sunset, to saturday evening sunset. They are not permitted to eat, or touch anything that has to do with any technology, or even a wall switch............

"The Jew Bell" is more like an air raid siren that their synagogues sound when sunset approaches on Friday afternoon (1 hour before, 30 minutes before, and at sunset).

Any Jew caught using a car, anything technological, is a bad Jew.

These sirens are all over, and so loud, and there's just no place in Brooklyn where you can't hear it.........

I just heard these sirens from inside my house, that's why I brought it up.

BTW, their culture is strange and it'll take years to explain......

NYS even has a "Jew Jail" for the members of this sect that are bad, and get sentenced (Not all of them will get sent here). Google Otisville Correctional Facility.

For those of you whom haven't encountered the Haisidim, you'd be culture shocked......

Timeline

No no, not dirty. I live in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn (Dyker Heights, to be exact. because "Dyker Heights" doesn't exist on a map, it's a fictional neighborhood). Anyway. I'm just a few blocks from the neighborhood "Borough park". Where lives a close knit community of Jews that are called "The Haisidic Jews". These are the ones dressed like this...........

Hasidicjews09.jpg

So anyway. They are observers of The Sabbath. Or " shabbat"

Every Friday evening from sunset, to saturday evening sunset. They are not permitted to eat, or touch anything that has to do with any technology, or even a wall switch............

"The Jew Bell" is more like an air raid siren that their synagogues sound when sunset approaches on Friday afternoon (1 hour before, 30 minutes before, and at sunset).

Any Jew caught using a car, anything technological, is a bad Jew.

These sirens are all over, and so loud, and there's just no place in Brooklyn where you can't hear it.........

I just heard these sirens from inside my house, that's why I brought it up.

BTW, their culture is strange and it'll take years to explain......

NYS even has a "Jew Jail" for the members of this sect that are bad, and get sentenced (Not all of them will get sent here). Google Otisville Correctional Facility.

For those of you whom haven't encountered the Haisidim, you'd be culture shocked......

Aaah, right. I think religions are really interesting (even though I don't have one myself). I watched a documentary about Haisidic Jews once, and you're right, they have some bizarre rules.

I would get annoyed by hearing that bell every week. I guess it could be worse, though - if you lived in a Muslim community you'd hear the bell for prayer five times a day. blink.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

Aaah, right. I think religions are really interesting (even though I don't have one myself). I watched a documentary about Haisidic Jews once, and you're right, they have some bizarre rules.

I would get annoyed by hearing that bell every week. I guess it could be worse, though - if you lived in a Muslim community you'd hear the bell for prayer five times a day. blink.gif

Well, talk of Muslims......

Unlike the rest of NYC, Brooklyn is very "ethnic". We have a large Muslim population. But here's the thing, their area of concentration is in a neighborhood called "Kensington", which is adjacent to "Borough Park"....

In the middle East, these guys wanna kill each other all day long, and so they come all the way to Brooklyn to live next to each other?

<sigh> why?

Timeline

I took comparative religion in college. So I know a little about religions.

I was in the first Gulf war, so I used to hear the prayers too......

Timeline

Well, talk of Muslims......

Unlike the rest of NYC, Brooklyn is very "ethnic". We have a large Muslim population. But here's the thing, their area of concentration is in a neighborhood called "Kensington", which is adjacent to "Borough Park"....

In the middle East, these guys wanna kill each other all day long, and so they come all the way to Brooklyn to live next to each other?

<sigh> why?

rofl.gif Oh irony. Somehow it always turns out that way.

How am I ever going to get into shape when hubby keeps making pizza, or fajitas? wacko.gif I'm going to be stuck with my "fat arms" forever at this rate. headbonk.gif

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

rofl.gif Oh irony. Somehow it always turns out that way.

How am I ever going to get into shape when hubby keeps making pizza, or fajitas? wacko.gif I'm going to be stuck with my "fat arms" forever at this rate. headbonk.gif

Hey may be your husband likes fat b1tches :D

(Lol sorry, I HAD to capitalize on the chance to make the crack)

for the record, I have already bit my tongue on many many occasions :devil:

We've already loaded the manifest with a bunch of gifts for the family. And to add to it would just be ridiculous............I haven't tallied everything up, but it has to be over 10K worth of gifts already.

You won't be getting the money back if you loan / lent to family members/relatives.

Chasing after them to return the money is such a pain in the ####, because you will be labelled as being calculative, end up as the bad guy instead.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

Hey may be your husband likes fat b1tches :D

(Lol sorry, I HAD to capitalize on the chance to make the crack)

for the record, I have already bit my tongue on many many occasions :devil:

dry.gif Well I'll be damned.

Regardless, if he liked fat b!tches he would've 1) married one (which he DIDN'T. ranting33va.gif) and 2) never made a comment about my arms, which I don't think are fat anyway THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Now that that's out of my system... tongue.gif

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Ok I'm not being cheap, I would gladly pay for a lawyer if it would get me what I wanted. But it the result will be the same as we have now, I don't see the point.

I hate feeling like the world's worst mother.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

You won't be getting the money back if you loan / lent to family members/relatives.

Chasing after them to return the money is such a pain in the ####, because you will be labelled as being calculative, end up as the bad guy instead.

Oh yes Merrytooth. I know. I've seen it before, and will see it again I'm sure..........

You're from Singapore, so you're fairly close to that culture. Thank you for your input.

Timeline

Ok I'm not being cheap, I would gladly pay for a lawyer if it would get me what I wanted. But it the result will be the same as we have now, I don't see the point.

Aw....I'm sorry Niki lol, I was just making fun of you. And I deserve to be chastised because I made fun of you at a bad moment.

I know a lot about the law, but not so much in detail about family law. And definitely not Canada family law. But if you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to share with you what I know.

dry.gif Well I'll be damned.

Regardless, if he liked fat b!tches he would've 1) married one (which he DIDN'T. ranting33va.gif) and 2) never made a comment about my arms, which I don't think are fat anyway THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Now that that's out of my system... tongue.gif

:innocent:

More so than my wife? She wants to give away our daughters college money so my SIL can live like the Queen of England.......