SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I read all those posts about "bologna" and got a ridiculous craving for a bologna sandwich. blink.gif

rant: hubby comes in from his workout and leaves his sweaty clothes all over the freaking floor. i'm going to start throwing them on him while he sleeps.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Thanks for your inputs guys, I slept on it....

And like Cary says, it's Tiff's money. She can do what she wants. But not without protest from me. But her sister is ridiculous, why couldn't they settle for a cheaper house so they can have money left over for renovations? Tiff haven't seen her in 12 years, so may be she feels guilty? But we've spent plenty on her family over the years, and I never protested. This is a clear indicator that her sister is thinking that Tiff is rich, and so she can spare the money for renovating her house.

Laying in bed last night (After VJ went down). I spoke with Tiff. I kinda guilted her into reconsidering. I told her that I've worked hard over the years to get to where I am. (It has been a non-stop 2 decades since the Marines).....and that I continue to work because of Tiff and the baby. I told her that I wanted to pack it in in a couple of years, and she can sure help me retire sooner if she saves her money.

I know it would upset me to find out my wife was going to send that kind of money so a sibling can play at being rich. Its one thing to help a family member in trouble through no fault of their own. But its totally different to give money so a sibling can live beyond their means in luxury.

I've got to ask this though, is it really a guilt trip you laid on her if you're telling the truth? But its probably something you assumed the two of you were on the same track for, and maybe she was until her sister hit her up. Maybe Tiff wants to have the family think she's rich and successful so she can afford to throw around money like that. Sounds like a very bad path to start up though. Giving major cash donations so her sister can live the high life without working for it, you know the other siblings are going to line up to get their share. Maybe aunts, uncles, cousins to, after all she's rich and just needs to pluck if from the tree in the yard or grab a chunk of the gold streets of America.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I'm not going to work again today......because........um........I have a.....eh.....

:unsure: I can't think of an excuse........

I read all those posts about "bologna" and got a ridiculous craving for a bologna sandwich. blink.gif

rant: hubby comes in from his workout and leaves his sweaty clothes all over the freaking floor. i'm going to start throwing them on him while he sleeps.

and he changed into clean clothes to play futbol? and then left more sweaty clothes on the floor?

Timeline

I know it would upset me to find out my wife was going to send that kind of money so a sibling can play at being rich. Its one thing to help a family member in trouble through no fault of their own. But its totally different to give money so a sibling can live beyond their means in luxury.

I've got to ask this though, is it really a guilt trip you laid on her if you're telling the truth? But its probably something you assumed the two of you were on the same track for, and maybe she was until her sister hit her up. Maybe Tiff wants to have the family think she's rich and successful so she can afford to throw around money like that. Sounds like a very bad path to start up though. Giving major cash donations so her sister can live the high life without working for it, you know the other siblings are going to line up to get their share. Maybe aunts, uncles, cousins to, after all she's rich and just needs to pluck if from the tree in the yard or grab a chunk of the gold streets of America.

That's why I call you "The Professor" you always isolate the subject and speak of it with reason. You're 100% right Cary. And I also brought this up. Tiff is generous by nature, and a beautiful honest soul. It worries me that if I wasn't here, she'd get ripped off daily. She hasn't seen enough of human nature to fend for herself and our daughter. I try teaching her all the time. It's hard.

My daughter's Godfather is an attorney, and her Godmother is a Cop. So at least they will look after the family if anything happens to me.

BTW, if Tiff wanted to give her folks the $$, then I'm all for it. I love them more than my own parents. And she'd just be acting as a true Chinese/ Malaysian good daughter.

Timeline

and he changed into clean clothes to play futbol? and then left more sweaty clothes on the floor?

YES. It's super infuriating, especially since I just killed myself to do the freakin' laundry inbetween bouts of rain. headbonk.gif

I can relate to all this "giving money to the inlaws" thing. Hubby sat me down this morning and told me he had talked to his mother (mini-rant: why the $)#(% is he talking this over with his mother BEFORE he talks it over with me?!) and thinks it's a good idea if we buy discount clothing in the States, ship it down here to his mother, and sell it at a higher price. This is a booming business here - seriously anyone with a family member abroad does it - so I said we'd think about it. Then he went on to say the first shipment would be for his mother (meaning she'd get all the earnings), the second would be for us, the third for her, etc etc. mellow.gif Where the f$#% is the logic in that? I have no intention of spending our hard earned money to ship things to his mother so she can make money for free. I told him so and he seemed to realize it was a stupid idea after I phrased it that way, but seriously. What the hell. He must seriously think we're going to be living in a castle in the clouds if he's under the impression we're going to have all that money to just toss out the window. Jeez.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

YES. It's super infuriating, especially since I just killed myself to do the freakin' laundry inbetween bouts of rain. headbonk.gif

I can relate to all this "giving money to the inlaws" thing. Hubby sat me down this morning and told me he had talked to his mother (mini-rant: why the $)#(% is he talking this over with his mother BEFORE he talks it over with me?!) and thinks it's a good idea if we buy discount clothing in the States, ship it down here to his mother, and sell it at a higher price. This is a booming business here - seriously anyone with a family member abroad does it - so I said we'd think about it. Then he went on to say the first shipment would be for his mother (meaning she'd get all the earnings), the second would be for us, the third for her, etc etc. mellow.gif Where the f$#% is the logic in that? I have no intention of spending our hard earned money to ship things to his mother so she can make money for free. I told him so and he seemed to realize it was a stupid idea after I phrased it that way, but seriously. What the hell. He must seriously think we're going to be living in a castle in the clouds if he's under the impression we're going to have all that money to just toss out the window. Jeez.

There's gotta be some money to be made there :unsure:......

Timeline

There's gotta be some money to be made there :unsure:......

Oh there definitely is. If you buy clearance stuff from Aeropostale, Hollister, etc (these are the popular brands here, since there are no actual stores carrying them), you can get a shirt for ten bucks, and sell it here for 25$ and it'll get sold in a day or two, since clothing is super expensive here anyway. 25$ would probably be considered cheap, actually. What annoys me is that he thinks we're going to shell out all this money to buy the clothes, pay to ship them down to Ecuador, and then just let his mother keep all the earnings. Maybe I'm a b!tch, but that's not happening. mellow.gif We're gonna be strapped for cash anyway, working and studying full time while still trying to save something to move out of my Dad's house. I'm not going to blow any more money just so his Mom can make something out of it.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016