SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

with that. Only one questions remains............

(OK, 2 questions).

1. whodahel sat there and said "hmmm....I think I'll invent....the semiconductor"? (You tellin me that it's not alien technology?)

2. Who was the first person in the history of mankind to say "I'm eating the next thing that comes out of that chickens azz" ?

1 Bardeen, Brattain and Shockley. Because they produced less heat and power than tubes. Although there was a Canadian who was on to a similar idea but he didn't bother to make one or publish papers about it, just filed a patten

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Googled and found this: interesting.. I'll give it to my husband to read. He loves stuff like that. http://history-computer.com/ModernComputer/Basis/transistor.html

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Rant: Today at work I put down my red Monster that was half full and I couldn't find it after that. My brain sucks. I remember things I don't need to and can't remember stuff I do. I've been trying to do crosswords lately to help though. Maybe I should be doing math quizzes too.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I figured Steve would get a kick out of this one -

So I was having my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday morning here in town and halfway through the second tooth the power goes out.

After waiting in vain for it to return they decided to use the flashlight program on a cell phone to light my mouth up and stitch me closed so that I could come back later to have the last one removed.

Pretty awesome!

On the bright side the ortho surgeon was top notch. Didn't miss a beat.

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

OK...what's a Red Monster?

Assault flavoured monster energy drink.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Assault flavoured monster energy drink.

See? I was too lazy to search, and you answered :P

I figured Steve would get a kick out of this one -

So I was having my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday morning here in town and halfway through the second tooth the power goes out.

After waiting in vain for it to return they decided to use the flashlight program on a cell phone to light my mouth up and stitch me closed so that I could come back later to have the last one removed.

Pretty awesome!

On the bright side the ortho surgeon was top notch. Didn't miss a beat.

Now why would I get a sense of pleasure out of someone else's pain and suffering? :innocent:

I don't think "red monster" would have come up with anything.. lemme see tho.. NOPE! so it's a good thing I answered your lazy butt or you would have been STUMPED forever. :D

Timeline

I don't think "red monster" would have come up with anything.. lemme see tho.. NOPE! so it's a good thing I answered your lazy butt or you would have been STUMPED forever. :D

I knew it was a sucker-trap.......you suckered me into googling it :angry:

<sigh> curiosity mangled the lazy slob.........

Timeline

I'm kinda upset at my wife now.........her sis in Malaysia apparently marries a well to do guy, and they bought a house costing about 200K USD. And her sis asked my wife to borrow money for renovations, and so my wife is lending them about 15K USD (Malaysian standards, that's doing the whole house over)..........

Now my wife has her own $$. But I wouldn't buy a house just to have to borrow from someone else to renovate. The principle is wrong. And my wife should realize her obligation to her own immediate family before her sister's house. Now I don't ever ask my wife to contribute to anything in our household, I have everything covered. But I can't help but feel a little insulted. I told Tiff that we're not rich. And that we could use the savings. I find myself using my utmost restraint in really laying into her about this. The money is being lent for the wrong reasons.

And we're going there for the wedding. With travel, and gifts for the whole family. This trip is gonna run us about 15-20K already.

So I asked her "What's more important to you? your sister's house or our daughter's future education". She had a hard time answering that. (I was in disbelief). Tiff is a very nice person. But sometimes she's out of her mind......

what do you guys think?

Timeline

which brings me to my next subject........

I would never say to my friend "hey lend me a dollar?" or even "Hey lend me a 20?"

I always say "Hey Jim gimme a dollar", or "Hey Jim gimme ten bucks"

why? Because that's my friend, and I'm not ever going to pay him back (even if I remember to).

Why? (Remember when I was talking about how many friends do you really have/ need?)

Because if I gave him the 10 bucks, I'd give it to him with the understanding that this is a gift to my friend.

So why ever say "Lend me"?