SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Just spent an hour reading reviews about our consulate, yet again scaring myself stupid. Despite our exhuberant preparation and the reassurance of other Ecua-filers, I am extremely nervous, and we don't even have the interview date yet. wacko.gif I hate how terrible the workers are there. No wonder most Ecuadorians think Americans are a bunch of jerks - one of the few representations we have in the country is a bunch of egotistical, self absorbed, unhelpful morons. dry.gif

In other news, hubby got home from the gym half an hour ago, and ran right back out the door to play soccer. Looks like a night of Big Bang Theory for me! cool.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

In other news, hubby got home from the gym half an hour ago, and ran right back out the door to play soccer. Looks like a night of Big Bang Theory for me! cool.gif

A perfect chance for you to do laundry :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A perfect chance for you to do laundry :)

laughing.gif

Oddly enough, it was sunny again today, but rained last night, and is drizzling right now. As long as it doesn't rain during the day, I don't care if it rains all night long. star_smile.gif The rain is easily worse than the heat.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Why are people STILL asking about the NBC?? Can no one use the search tool? Does it need to be bigger? Glow? Sparkle? Have a big button that says "USE ME!!!"?? headbonk.gif

Maybe like this: searchbutton2.jpg

is that big enough????

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Why are people STILL asking about the NBC?? Can no one use the search tool? Does it need to be bigger? Glow? Sparkle? Have a big button that says "USE ME!!!"?? headbonk.gif

Maybe like this: searchbutton2.jpg

is that big enough????

Ah good evening Ms Niki. Being a super-genius in the field of shortcuts and lazyverence (I invented that word) I believe that I am well qualified to answer your question.

Now, to answer your question.......I must first ask another question..........that question is....."Why should I?"

yes, that is my question, and my answer. Why should I search, when I can do "the search without the search" ? There are millions of people too eager to answer whatever questions I have to ask :)

VJ is a giant human-powered search engine

Anymore questions?:D

Edited by SteveAndTiff

Timeline

while we're on the subject of lazyverence..........

next time when you call someone lazy. I want you to stop and think about this......

Lazy people made incredible contributions to the world.

Whadaya think? some hard working-laundry doing housewife invented the washing machine? It was a lazy slob like me that sat there and said "####### I wish there was a machine to wash my filthy panties....."

or a fat slob that was sick of getting up and walking 7 feet to change the channel on his TV, so he invented the remote control....

See? B-)

Lazy people may produce ideas, but I hardly think they're the ones doing the actual inventing of such items. They mention it to some friend "GD I wish I could just turn the TV on from here... I hate walking over there." Inventive, imaginative friend says "hey neat, maybe I can do something about that" and proceeds to invent the remote.

Someone says "I hate all these buttons" someone else goes, me too and invents the Zipper. Someone says I wish I could just say Hi to someone and not wait a month for mail or for a telegram, I just want to do it in my home! Alexander Graham Bell invents the telephone. WHAM!

See what happens? Without the idea, the invention would never have happened.. I agree... But without imaginative, awesome, go-getter people, you and I wouldn't have the computer or internet.

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Lazy people may may produce ideas but I hardly thing they're the ones doing the actual inventing of such items. They mention it to some friend "GD I wish I could just turn the TV on from here... I hate walking over there." Inventive, imaginative friend says "hey neat, maybe I can do something about that" and proceeds to invent the remote.

That's quite possible.........

But I'll have you know that the "vibrator" was originally invented by a female who was too lazy to floss her teeth. So she invented this thing--->

24825.jpg

Of course, subsequently, this led to many different ideas......

Timeline

with that. Only one questions remains............

(OK, 2 questions).

1. whodahel sat there and said "hmmm....I think I'll invent....the semiconductor"? (You tellin me that it's not alien technology?)

2. Who was the first person in the history of mankind to say "I'm eating the next thing that comes out of that chickens azz" ?

I think vibrators have been around much longer than an oral B flosser. Just sayin'!

Timeline

rant- weathermen who likes to prepare you for Armageddon with every passing shower. And then when the storm fizzles, they turn around and remind us how lucky we were this time...........

with that. Only one questions remains............

(OK, 2 questions).

1. whodahel sat there and said "hmmm....I think I'll invent....the semiconductor"? (You tellin me that it's not alien technology?)

2. Who was the first person in the history of mankind to say "I'm eating the next thing that comes out of that chickens azz" ?

1) no idea but they're useful IN things vs as themselves

2) most likely some primitive human found birds nests and did not realize where they came from... ate an egg and found it tasty... Eventually we figured out how birds made the eggs and we domesticated chickens when we figured out they laid many eggs if we took them. YAY chicken coop. AT this time we also discovered that everything tastes like chicken. :)

Edited by NikiR

Timeline

1) no idea but they're useful IN things vs as themselves

2) most likely some primitive human found birds nests and did not realize where they came from... ate an egg and found it tasty... Eventually we figured out how birds made the eggs and we domesticated chickens when we figured out they laid many eggs if we took them. YAY chicken coop. AT this time we also discovered that everything tastes like chicken. :)

Niki shall henceforth be titled...."The Anthropologist".......