3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

i bought a malibu brand new 3.5yrs ago

that company laid me off, like i said previously, only two months later

in the end it was repoed

i really miss having a decent car

2006 pt cruser is shiiiiiiiit!

i should not complain since i drove a 1996 altima for roughly ten months after the repo

this was the best my credit and budget could buy

im going to sell it this summer

or maybe refinance for a hopefully lower rate at least after ive proved myself

Good for you. Very respectable. And you will prove yourself.

20 years ago I drove a 200 dollar Honda with 190k miles on it, and I loved it. (Is that bragging too? can a VJer drive a 200 dollar Honda? Is that OK with some of you posters?).

The best car I ever had was a 2008 Acura TL. leased it for 3 years and didn't even change a light bulb.

(Hey is that bragging too? Can a VJer possibly drive a friggin Acura? or are you going to tell me I'm full of ####### again? next you're gonna tell me that no VJer can possibly own a house in NYC right? because no one around here can possibly make that kinda $$, except may be your friend who says she went to law school, and feels that she has to tell people that she is working on a motion of sorts right? Except that's not bragging. But me responding to another direct question is bragging of course. No one around here could possibly have an advanced degree right? except your buddy? Whos full of themselves now?).

Sorry KDH lol, I hijacked your post to rant some more.......

Timeline

I need arthritis splints for my fingers and I can't find a toe equivalent. :dead: I haven't taken my medicine for it in like 2 years and I think I should probably see the rheumatologist when I get back

Nola I've seen some of those splints for toes. I can't remember where. But keep searching for them. As for your arthritis, I think perhaps you should see a doctor before you get back. It's not going to get any better.

I am responding here because I'm boycotting some other threads. Except for when I go in there to stir the pot a

bit.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

i bought a malibu brand new 3.5yrs ago

that company laid me off, like i said previously, only two months later

in the end it was repoed

i really miss having a decent car

2006 pt cruser is shiiiiiiiit!

i should not complain since i drove a 1996 altima for roughly ten months after the repo

this was the best my credit and budget could buy

im going to sell it this summer

or maybe refinance for a hopefully lower rate at least after ive proved myself

Hmmmm, speaking of jobs and bosses....I have a rant of the day. I was laid off in May 2012 after my office shut down, now incredibly I find myself laid off yet again from a brand spanking new company that all my former colleagues told me was "an excellent career move".

For my beloved boss:

Thank you so much for telling me that you "can't afford to keep paying me to do nothing" because of course its all my fault that a biologist's work slows down in the winter months. Also, sorry for not being the senior level scientist you wanted. You should have looked closer at my %&*%$ resume before you hired me then you would of course noticed that I only graduated from college 3 years ago. I wanted to thank you personally for the careful planning you must have put into the exact date you decided to change my status from a full time employee to a temporary employee. You picked 3 days before Christmas so of course I lost out on all of my holiday pay and my Christmas bonus. Also, thanks for telling me of my status change the day AFTER my dog died. And don't act like you didn't know because you were there at the Christmas party the night before when I was crying my eyes out. Thank you for notifying me of my status change right in the middle of my husband's pending immigration. Of course you know about this as I've informed you about it. Thanks a lot for telling me at the last minute that you approved my vacation time in January when all of the flight prices had already skyrocketed because you know I have so much money now that you laid me off and thanks as well since I requested vacation time for January back in OCTOBER.

Thank you boss. I've always been a repectful, hard working employee and I know I deserved all of this. You really are a swell guy.

</end rant>

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

Hmmmm, speaking of jobs and bosses....I have a rant of the day. I was laid off in May 2012 after my office shut down, now incredibly I find myself laid off yet again from a brand spanking new company that all my former colleagues told me was "an excellent career move".

For my beloved boss:

Thank you so much for telling me that you "can't afford to keep paying me to do nothing" because of course its all my fault that a biologist's work slows down in the winter months. Also, sorry for not being the senior level scientist you wanted. You should have looked closer at my %&*%$ resume before you hired me then you would of course noticed that I only graduated from college 3 years ago. I wanted to thank you personally for the careful planning you must have put into the exact date you decided to change my status from a full time employee to a temporary employee. You picked 3 days before Christmas so of course I lost out on all of my holiday pay and my Christmas bonus. Also, thanks for telling me of my status change the day AFTER my dog died. And don't act like you didn't know because you were there at the Christmas party the night before when I was crying my eyes out. Thank you for notifying me of my status change right in the middle of my husband's pending immigration. Of course you know about this as I've informed you about it. Thanks a lot for telling me at the last minute that you approved my vacation time in January when all of the flight prices had already skyrocketed because you know I have so much money now that you laid me off and thanks as well since I requested vacation time for January back in OCTOBER.

Thank you boss. I've always been a repectful, hard working employee and I know I deserved all of this. You really are a swell guy.

</end rant>

Wow that's tough SinghSingh. I'm sorry to learn of your misfortune. I hope you find better pastures in the near future.

Timeline

Wow that's tough SinghSingh. I'm sorry to learn of your misfortune. I hope you find better pastures in the near future.

That company was a fly by night operation anyways. I'm looking forward to the day I tell them I'm outta there!

But it kind of makes me wonder if I should get the heck out of my city. Two lay offs in 8 months is rough and it has me anxious about future job security.

I'm thinking somewhere warm and sunny.B-) Hubby's tolerance for cold is low, coming from a tropical country.

Edited by AKSinghSingh79

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

San Diego Zoo....... (But the pay probably suck). What kind of Biology? like Bio-chemistry? May be Merck in NJ?

Environmental biology. My specialty is Aquatic biology/wetlands, mainly malacology and Ichthyology. I would love to work in a zoo. That what it should be about, the animals and the science.

Consulting blows. Too much focus on profits and budgets. They're willing to cut corners on good science just to make the clients happy. I didn't work my behind off to cut corners. We would tell my supervisor that we need 2 weeks to do a proper biological survey. My boss would turn around and say "too bad, the client wants it done in 4 days. Get to work" This is what happens when you hire a man with no scientific background to manage a team of biologists.

Edited by AKSinghSingh79

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

Environmental biology. My specialty is Aquatic biology/wetlands, mainly malacology and Ichthyology. I would love to work in a zoo. That what it should be about, the animals and the science.

Consulting blows. Too much focus on profits and budgets. They're willing to cut corners on good science just to make the clients happy. I didn't work my behind off to cut corners. We would tell my supervisor that we need 2 weeks to do a proper biological survey. My boss would turn around and say "too bad, the client wants it done in 4 days. Get to work" This is what happens when you hire a man with no scientific background to manage a team of biologists.

Hey you know, I don't know why this popped into my head....."Cornell Agricultural extension" have you heard of it? It's a part of the Cornell Cooperative extension.....

Timeline

Hey you know, I don't know why this popped into my head....."Cornell Agricultural extension" have you heard of it? It's a part of the Cornell Cooperative extension.....

Thanks! This is exactly what I'm trying to get back into :thumbs:

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I am really sick of this ridiculous hot weather. It is unbearably sunny and hot all day, every day. We're in the middle of the rainy season, so you'd think we'd get a little relief now and then - but NO. Even when it does rain a bit, the sun comes out immediately after and makes it humid and impossible to even leave the house. Not to mention the house itself is infested with flies because of the heat outside. I honestly never thought I would say I miss cold weather and snow, but I do. I can't wait to get home and bask in some sun that doesn't feel like it's melting my skin off. Plus, I'll save hundreds in sunblock.
Mrs. T-B. told me that Ecu mosquitoes are even larger than they are in Texas, and that their bite-welts last for about a month. Si, man (sigh, man).

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
Well of the 729 latin american countries you coulda traveled to, you had to pick the one named after the Equator....Suffer !
Ecu is really three weather-areas rolled into one: the coast (humid), the Amazon region (humid, but the edge of which had Mrs. T-B.-to-be), and the mountains. Cuenca (third-largest city, and refuge of many gringos) rarely gets much above 60 F. Quito (capital, & second-largest city) is also cooler than most, but that could be due to its elevation (second-highest-elevated country capital in S. America, si man).

I was quite comfortable in Cuenca in a regular long-sleeved shirt, whereas the natives were mostly bundled up like Eskimos, brrr man. In contrast, in Guayaquil (coastal, largest Ecu city), I was soaking through about four sweatbands per day, and the natives looked at me with a "What's with that loco gringo?" look, sigh man.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
LV bags
What's a left ventricular bag, huh man?

---

Since (the editorial) we seem to be on an Ecuador rant:

1. The three chief population groups are, in order: roosters, mosquitoes, dogs, and people. Also, 5 out of 4 people are bad at math, and I'm at least one of them, see man.

B. There is a rooster in DOWNTOWN QUITO, who can be heard from 10 p.m. until dawn from inside the Gringo... er, Sebastian Hotel, zzz man.

iii. In regard to the roosters in Mrs. T-B.'s hometown: One lousy ####### starts croaking (hoarsely) nonstop at 12:30 a.m. He is joined by two sub-bastards at 2:10 a.m., and by the rest of the population at 4-something a.m. Can we or anyone spell sopa de gallo, huh man?

Edited by TBoneTX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I need arthritis splints for my fingers and I can't find a toe equivalent. :dead: I haven't taken my medicine for it in like 2 years and I think I should probably see the rheumatologist when I get back

Nola I've seen some of those splints for toes. I can't remember where. But keep searching for them. As for your arthritis, I think perhaps you should see a doctor before you get back. It's not going to get any better.

I am responding here because I'm boycotting some other threads. Except for when I go in there to stir the pot a

bit.

I think it is best to see someone in CT. It is weird, I had juvenile arthritis that got really bad a little over 2 years ago (every single joint in my body was in screaming pain), I lost a lot of muscle control, had bad cramps, and couldn't think straight. They treated me for Lyme disease and the arthritis mostly went away until I moved here. If it is location related, it will hopefully lessen when I get back. If it is a resurgence of Lyme, that is best treated near the epicenter of the disease.

In the mean time, I need to switch back my diet to more fruits and veggies and less meat and fat. :thumbs:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.