SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

We don't really do sentimental, but I think that is a cultural thing. I even had to pick out my own engagement ring (which was appreciated because I'm picky).

That is sad, I'm sorry to hear of her losses. :(

I'm thinking that it won't be a big deal, but I wish he would have figured this out weeks ago when I asked him to get the vaccination records. :angry:

I hope he likes shots then.

One of her brothers died when she was too young to recall. Another brother she remembers dieing. He was sick when they all went to sleep and wasn't alive any longer when they all woke up. They don't even know what caused his death. The other brother who she didn't recall was another case of dieing without the family knowing why. They just say he must have been bonded to a snake and when someone killed the snake he died. Such is the life of poverty in a third world country, I guess. What I find interesting, is the family never forgets those that passed. They still celebrate birthdays and anniversaries. The families fall into poverty came about because my wife's father died due to a medical mistake in a hospital. The surviving three kids brought the family back out of poverty.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Rant: I accidentally poured a gallon of salt on my egg sammy

Non Rant, How the last few minutes went:

/Checks redbox.com for recent movies

"Death race THREE?! When was death race TWO?!"

/goes to netflix.ca and seaches for death race two

"Sorry, Death Race 2 and Death Race 3 are currently unavailable for streaming"

/Enable Hola Unlocker add-on for firefix

/Refresh page

Death Race 2 and Death Race 3 "Stream Now"

Oh why THANK YOU!

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I should read the synopsis of a movie before watching it lol.

I was like 'what the hell is going on in this movie? it doesn't seem like a continuation'

That's because it's a prequal lol

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

/Enable Hola Unlocker add-on for firefix

This is why you were hitting your internet cap.

Doesn't Hola use P2P?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Be super happy you skipped the NVC. I can't get a case number and I guess they're asking for emails of people's NOA2... We won't be getting the paper version until the man gets home from training.

Emails of NOA2s? :o

I am happy about skipping NVC. :yes:

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

This is why you were hitting your internet cap.

Doesn't Hola use P2P?

I've never enabled it until today.

And all it does is fool the browser into thinking I'm in the US instead of using the freeware vpn that I previously used.

It also uses compression techniques to save on bandwidth, along with "patented DNS acceleration". It's a bit like P2P software, with each user sharing their cached content with everyone else. The more people using it, the faster it becomes. Content should also load faster because it's coming from someone near you rather than across the world.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/computers/blogs/gadgets-on-the-go/unlock-hulu-and-bbc-iplayer-in-a-click-with-hola-20130124-2d8zu.html#ixzz2MrclCikD

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Rant: Ecu natives can have some weird-culo remedies for stuff. Mrs. T-B.'s otherwise-intelligent, professional aunt is convinced that her mother will recover from her ailments if she drinks the blood from a young pigeon... daily. Uffff, man.

It's maddening! Educated, otherwise intelligent people say the STUPIDEST things about medicine! Not to eat pork, not to eat fruits, not to drink cold beverages - I mean, seriously? blink.gif And they are so insistant! I appreciate them trying to be helpful, but man, if I choose NOT to listen to their advice, it's my body to be killing, so back off.

Quadruple si, man. I wish that I could follow the reports & discussions on Univision and Telemundo; their heated nature would probably make my head spontaneously combust.

And jeez, since Chavez died everyone's been in mourning down here. I can't say I sympathize. whistling.gif

I am in awe of you! That you have not as yet attempted bodily harm on her!! :wacko:

Honestly, so am I. The most obnoxious part is that she doesn't even realize how obnoxious she is, or how annoyed I get, and just WON'T GO AWAY. Last night she came into our bedroom and sat on our bed for an hour and a half, blathering about anything that came to mind. By the time she left it was 00:15 and I was ready to commit homicide.

It really embarrasses me when Americans go so xenophobic. Living in Europe, you get used to THAT LOOK that everyone gets on their face as soon as they find out that you're a Yank. Everyone has the right to be proud of their home country, but blindly insisting that nowhere else could be as good as your own country of origin is small-minded and offensive. There are pluses and minuses to every country. That being said, it also annoys me that pretty much everyone I've met here acts surprised that I'm not some stupid, fat, uncultured hick, since I AM from the States. Dude, we're not all like those yobs from Jersey Shore and that little Honey Boo girl. (To be honest, I've never seen that show, but the photos on People and Us Weekly tell enough of that story.) Yeah, I read them online. Don't judge.

This is everywhere. I actually think Latinoamerica might hate us even more. They really have no reason for hating us, but they all say we're selfish and get into everyone's business, and oppress the world. blink.gif I can't deny the fact that the American gov't DOES get into everyone's business, but I don't think people realize that there are US citizens that don't like that, and things that the gov't does aren't always supported by the public. Foreigners blame every America ever born for decisions made by .01% of the population.

I have an English friend who told me that Europe hates the English. Not even the British - the Irish or Welsh, for example, apparently don't receive the wrath that the English do from the rest of Europe. I think it's just a matter of the dominating country in that region. In 100 years, everyone will hate the Chinese. rolleyes.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

I am a raging B*tch today.

This email I got INFURIATES me

Dear Taylor:

They again provided an excellent ZIP file. But we had problems….

Our Yuergen installed this EVO property today in Santa Clara CA. I

handed off the FedEx containing the “clips” sent to me for use in the BASHO double 10x10

booth, with the additional pieces available for GDC, which installs in San

Francisco in late March. The job estimated at one installer for 5 man hours, which probably

would have been reasonable but for horrendous mispacking. Yuergen is an excellent worker,

and quickly realized that parts for each “separate” 10x10 (“left” and “right”) had been

comingled. Other parts were simply missing. A few pieces were scratched or chipped,

and one post dented. Krystal was contacted early on about these issues. It took a full

8 man hours to complete assembly. After all this, the exhibit looks great.

Photographs should be on their way to you.

Based on conversations today from both Pete and Yuergen, I believe that there may have

been either an inexperienced, incompetent, or angry person involved in a prior dismantle. In the

alternative, if someone had rifled the tubs containing the exhibit parts in search of something

valuable, they went through a lot of trouble mispacking “everything”. If the exhibit property came

directly from EVO, an immediate outplacement should be considered.

Here are just some of the specifics observed by Yuergen:

Missing metal header-to-post connector;

Light bulb loose inside one metal post;

A dent in a metal tube or column;

Scratched graphic;

Post set-screw threaded channel mounts were either (1) missing; (2) in parts boxes;

(3) loose in tubs, which made mounting the monitor wall plates difficult (these are

small items that could easily be lost. They should have remained in place.);

Header chipped;

Defective HDMI cable.

Almost amazingly, the backwall fabrics, electrical, other AV seem fine. The carpet was an extra five

or so feet, but that was easy to remedy.

The exhibitors arrived as the booth was being completed and discovered that the HDMI cable was

defective, which we replaced from MMI stock. They have no knowledge of any of these other

observations.

Yuergen also stated that each tub had its oversized laminated plastic packing instruction sheet

inside, which shows a full visual level by level and slot by slot. Unless you’re blind, it’s idiot proof.

We understand that these two exhibit properties will probably travel on to GDC in San Francisco in late March. With that in mind, at Thursday’s STRATA

dismantle, we will very carefully dismantle and fully inventory before repacking, taking

all necessary photos of damage. We will also be sure we separate all parts into “left” and “right”

tubs. We’ll also double check all monitors, etc.

I’m proud of the way our crew handled this stressful situation, especially since the event went

live just as installation was completed.

Please let me know if I need to do anything further in this matter.

The things in bold are what piss me off.

This exhibit came from OUR house following a full staging with packing pictures.

The exhibit was packed flawlessly.

I was NOT informed of any damages or missing items "early on" or AT ALL.

They called my guys idiots.

And they didn't take pictures during dismantle.

I feel like I'm about to blow up right now.

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Why do you store your table salt in such large quantities? :blink:

Okay really it was probably like a tablespoon.

But we DO keep it in the original box.

The team that sent me that email apologized.

It was never meant for my eyes.

She apparently forwarded me the wrong version.

The original version (I asked her to reforward) was a "clean" version.

I get that now.

We write a lot of internal nasty emails too heehee

oldlady.gif

Okay really it was probably like a tablespoon.

But we DO keep it in the original box.

The team that sent me that email apologized.

It was never meant for my eyes.

She apparently forwarded me the wrong version.

The original version (I asked her to reforward) was a "clean" version.

I get that now.

We write a lot of internal nasty emails too heehee

So that email was only supposed to be circulated behind you back. That is so much better, I hate people who bad mouth my team in front of my face. Wait I don't even have a team. :wacko:

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

for all the girls on this thread, what did you get your special guy?

and for all the guys, what do you like getting?

This is a rant thread.

OK - my rant.

I absolutely loathe folk who thread hijaak - it chaps my @ss - similar to the feeling one has after taking off the Depends and letting yer bum airdry.

---

End of Rant. Seriously - stay on point, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

rant re-hijacking a thread back to the original topic should be banned in high places. we's were having fun :whistle:

rant2 OP's who disappear after starting a thread never to answer a question or clarify when their question was impossible to answer.

ie How can I get my sister here and how long will it take? plus has no timeline or profile

I mean where do you even start without a few questions!

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

rant re-hijacking a thread back to the original topic should be banned in high places. we's were having fun :whistle:

rant2 OP's who disappear after starting a thread never to answer a question or clarify when their question was impossible to answer.

ie How can I get my sister here and how long will it take? plus has no timeline or profile

I mean where do you even start without a few questions!

:thumbs: I hate when I'm doing a search on here or other forums and what I really want to know is how it all turned out! If you are going to start a thread, you should at least have the decency of answering it and/or updating it.

3/26/18 Biometrics