SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

for all the girls on this thread, what did you get your special guy?

and for all the guys, what do you like getting?

I think the cufflinks sound like a good idea. Like you said, lots of special events coming up where he can use them, and it´s sweet that they are personalized. Just out of curiousity, who is in charge of getting him his wedding ring?

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS
02/05/13 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
02/14/13 - I-130 delivered
02/19/13 - NOA1 email, routed to NBC smile.png
03/29/13 - NOA2! (38 days from NOA1)
04/03/13 - Shipped to NVC

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received
04/17/13 - Case number and IIN received
04/17/13 - Sent DS3032 email
04/23/13 - AoS fee invoiced and paid
04/24/13 - Resent DS3032 (Supervisor review), accepted within the hour

04/25/13 - IV fee invoiced

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

04/30/13 - IV and AOS packages sent together

05/02/13 - Packages delivered

05/13/13 - Expedite request sent

05/14/13 - IV packet accepted

05/16/13 - Expedite granted

05/21/13 - Case sent to embassy

Embassy

05/24/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to DHL)

05/29/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to embassy) Interview date scheduled!

06/05/13 - Medical

06/14/13 - Interview - APPROVED!

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

This happens to me sometimes. It usually stems from a really dumb argument and then branches of into that when my husband runs out of valid arguments. :rolleyes: It's really annoying and really hurts my feelings. He says really stereotypical things like "Americans think they're the owners of the world" and "Americans think they're better than everyone else". Those kind of accusations make me feel like ####### because I'm NOT like that, and I think he only does it when he's mad because he knows it gets to me. It's stupid, too, because there are people like that everyone, not just in the States. I've met plenty Ecuadorians who think their country is better than all others, or that they're entitled to everything, etc. Obviously everyone is proud of their own country so it's a pointless thing to argue over. It's really frustrating. I try to just walk away. :bonk: Of course he always apologizes afterwards, and I know he doesn't really mean it, but at that moment it makes me wanna beat his head in. :whistle:

I´m so happy my husband and I live in a country which neither of us are from, so we can ###### freely about it together without either of use getting offended... and we ###### ALOT (sorry to anyone from Spain). If we lived in Mexico we would have probably gotten into a hundred fights already because of him always proclaiming that the U.S is so much better (he does this alot). One time we did get into a huge fight because we were talking about one of my friends in Mexico who is dating a rich guy. And he asked how rich the guy was.. he asked if he was " Mexican rich, or American rich", and we (me and my friends, who were all there, and are all Mexican) all got offended because we said it was the same thing, he was just rich, period. And he said that it was silly that we thought that Mexican rich could be anywhere close to American rich if 50% of Americans were better of financially than 95% of Mexicans. We thought this was ridiculous (too high of a percentage), and then got into a whole stupid discussion, which ended up with him saying that the richest men in the world were all from the U.S. To which we replied that actually, the RICHEST man in the world is Mexican. And he wouldnt belive it, not one bit. Finally he looked it up ( of course he had to get confirmation from like 5 different website before he finally accepted it), but he was still all obnoxious about it. Ughh.. I think that may actually be one of the worst fights we´ve ever gotten into, it was very annoying and offensive, more than anything I was annoyed that he had JUST met my friends and got into an argument where he was really raising his voice.

Edited by LucidSofia

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS
02/05/13 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
02/14/13 - I-130 delivered
02/19/13 - NOA1 email, routed to NBC smile.png
03/29/13 - NOA2! (38 days from NOA1)
04/03/13 - Shipped to NVC

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received
04/17/13 - Case number and IIN received
04/17/13 - Sent DS3032 email
04/23/13 - AoS fee invoiced and paid
04/24/13 - Resent DS3032 (Supervisor review), accepted within the hour

04/25/13 - IV fee invoiced

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

04/30/13 - IV and AOS packages sent together

05/02/13 - Packages delivered

05/13/13 - Expedite request sent

05/14/13 - IV packet accepted

05/16/13 - Expedite granted

05/21/13 - Case sent to embassy

Embassy

05/24/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to DHL)

05/29/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to embassy) Interview date scheduled!

06/05/13 - Medical

06/14/13 - Interview - APPROVED!

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

I had custom cufflinks made with maps of our hometowns (mine/his)- he wears them with more formal shirts, so for Holidays and special events. Something a little like these: http://www.cuffart.com/images/engraved/map_cufflinks.jpg

Edited by Boston~Montreal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm annoyed at all the self-righteous Americans you all seem to be married to. :huh:

I feel bad because I do dis some things about Denmark to my husband, but they are largely things he already doesn't like and he does ask me about it so his fault for asking. I think when we tend to disagree about our two countries, we do it more in an explaining type way...like why we don't tend to use GPs that much in America, why Americans or Danes tend to believe and do the things they do. We usually come to a good understanding about it at the end. I don't see why either of us would think one country is better than the other. They each have good things and bad things about them. Had the situation with my daughter been different, I would have stayed in DK. *shrugs*

LucidSofia, I like Mexico a lot. It has got issues, but what country doesn't? Has your husband lived there?

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We don't really do sentimental, but I think that is a cultural thing. I even had to pick out my own engagement ring (which was appreciated because I'm picky).

That is sad, I'm sorry to hear of her losses. :(

I'm thinking that it won't be a big deal, but I wish he would have figured this out weeks ago when I asked him to get the vaccination records. :angry:

Not that long ago, I found out we were apparently married to the same guy. I was a little upset at first, but it doesn't bother me now, since I've discovered that we are the same person.

Are you also suggesting in this forum that our husband is not exactly on the ball when it comes to doing things that he's not particularly interested in? :o Blasphemer!

Caryh, I'm so sorry for your wife's losses. What a terrible thing for any family to have to live through once, much less twice.

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I´m so happy my husband and I live in a country which neither of us are from, so we can ###### freely about it together without either of use getting offended... and we ###### ALOT (sorry to anyone from Spain). If we lived in Mexico we would have probably gotten into a hundred fights already because of him always proclaiming that the U.S is so much better (he does this alot). One time we did get into a huge fight because we were talking about one of my friends in Mexico who is dating a rich guy. And he asked how rich the guy was.. he asked if he was " Mexican rich, or American rich", and we (me and my friends, who were all there, and are all Mexican) all got offended because we said it was the same thing, he was just rich, period. And he said that it was silly that we thought that Mexican rich could be anywhere close to American rich if 50% of Americans were better of financially than 95% of Mexicans. We thought this was ridiculous (too high of a percentage), and then got into a whole stupid discussion, which ended up with him saying that the richest men in the world were all from the U.S. To which we replied that actually, the RICHEST man in the world is Mexican. And he wouldnt belive it, not one bit. Finally he looked it up ( of course he had to get confirmation from like 5 different website before he finally accepted it), but he was still all obnoxious about it. Ughh.. I think that may actually be one of the worst fights we´ve ever gotten into, it was very annoying and offensive, more than anything I was annoyed that he had JUST met my friends and got into an argument where he was really raising his voice.

It really embarrasses me when Americans go so xenophobic. Living in Europe, you get used to THAT LOOK that everyone gets on their face as soon as they find out that you're a Yank. Everyone has the right to be proud of their home country, but blindly insisting that nowhere else could be as good as your own country of origin is small-minded and offensive. There are pluses and minuses to every country. That being said, it also annoys me that pretty much everyone I've met here acts surprised that I'm not some stupid, fat, uncultured hick, since I AM from the States. Dude, we're not all like those yobs from Jersey Shore and that little Honey Boo girl. (To be honest, I've never seen that show, but the photos on People and Us Weekly tell enough of that story.) Yeah, I read them online. Don't judge.

I was an exchange student in Cuernavaca when I was in high school and I will forever consider Mexico to be one of the most beautiful places I've ever lived.

Edited by MeredythB

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

Timeline

I was an exchange student in Cuernavaca when I was in high school and I will forever consider Mexico to be one of the most beautiful places I've ever lived.

We are officially the same person! I (L) Cuernavaca.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm annoyed at all the self-righteous Americans you all seem to be married to. :huh:

I feel bad because I do dis some things about Denmark to my husband, but they are largely things he already doesn't like and he does ask me about it so his fault for asking. I think when we tend to disagree about our two countries, we do it more in an explaining type way...like why we don't tend to use GPs that much in America, why Americans or Danes tend to believe and do the things they do. We usually come to a good understanding about it at the end. I don't see why either of us would think one country is better than the other. They each have good things and bad things about them. Had the situation with my daughter been different, I would have stayed in DK. *shrugs*

LucidSofia, I like Mexico a lot. It has got issues, but what country doesn't? Has your husband lived there?

My husband says he doesn't like the US for silly reasons.

I just smile and nod.

I never talk about the US.

I'm not patriotic.

It isn't about my country being better than Canada.

It's about that's where my family and work are, and it's cheaper to live there.

If food and gas weren't so expensive up here, then I probably wouldn't care.

But we definitely wouldn't stay in this town.

I've told him that before. If we were to stay, NOT in this town.

My husband says he doesn't like the US because people are so inconsiderate and spacey.

Down to things like people standing in the middle of the aisle and not paying attn.

Funnily enough, he will say things like this while we walk into walmart.

And then I have to point out things like this 'oh look, there's a lady in the way, she must be from the states because she's so inconsiderate to stand in our way'

We laugh and he doesn't bring it up for another few months.

This commercial cracks me up because I'm sorry, but those canadians don't exist around here

I also think it's a little self righteous.

We are officially the same person! I (L) Cuernavaca.

I went to guatemala when I was like 17 or 18 on a missions trip.

My back went out on like the second day so I mostly just enjoyed the scenery.

It was absolutely beatiful there.

And it was fun to haggle at the mall!

Also, we went to antigua and got to haggle at a real market too.

But they have no street lights and that's scary.

And you have to keep your money in your bras.

And there were guards with guns standing around the university we stayed in.

oldlady.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't mean to stir the pot but I get what your husband means by mexican rich.

I can move to mexico on my salary and be considered very well off.

Where as I'm barely cutting it in the US.

I don't think he meant mexican as in nationality, but mexican as in rich in mexico.

oldlady.gif

I don't think my husband would ever wear cuff links. I've never even been to something so formal where a guy would have to. But I love the dog tags idea. I wonder if he would wear those.... I'll have to ask how he felt about having to wear his USAF ones all the time.

Nola he may need the chicken pox vaccine... Starts with a V?

Be super happy you skipped the NVC. I can't get a case number and I guess they're asking for emails of people's NOA2... We won't be getting the paper version until the man gets home from training.

So the US furlough is going thru BTW. He told me he'd be losing almost 90 hours between now and sept on his cheques. With all the costs yet to come, I'm a little worried but I guess we'll be selling my car and I'll receive my damage deposit back too. I have to have the carpets pro cleaned but my apt is tiny, it won't be too expensive. Time to suck it in and make my own bread! No more eating out for lunch (not even my baked potatoes from Wendy's.) Lol.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

BTW he knows the USA has problems and frankly as someone who is patriotic enough to be in the military for 8 years, do a voluntary tour in Iraq and NE Africa, have a brother in the navy, best friends still in the air force, I expect a certain amount of his USA is best stuff. BUT you do not need to bring another place down to bring yours up. It only perpetuates the American stereotype.

Edited by NikiR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

He had chicken pox as a child, so that is a no go on the vaccine. We had a little scare when we first moved here because after having Scarlet Fever, my daughter came down with a mild case of Chicken Pox after having been vaccinated, so we did make a frantic call to his mother to be sure. :thumbs:

Niki, join the super budgeting club. I do sometimes make my own bread, but it is the one of the few things that I think is cheaper to buy than make.

I think if we manage to get back to America on April 20th, I'll be able to plant enough veggies for the season to save a ton of money too. I'd ask my mother to do it, but, well, it wouldn't happen.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

BTW he knows the USA has problems and frankly as someone who is patriotic enough to be in the military for 8 years, do a voluntary tour in Iraq and NE Africa, have a brother in the navy, best friends still in the air force, I expect a certain amount of his USA is best stuff. BUT you do not need to bring another place down to bring yours up. It only perpetuates the American stereotype.

Unfortunately, it probably is a true stereotype.

24369515.jpg

My husband and MIL have no idea if he's had chicken pox.

And I've had scarlet fever twice >=[

I've never had either. I had the titer for Chicken Pox, though.

3/26/18 Biometrics