SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Arrrgghhh! I can't find a bank in my city who can issue a banker's draft in British pounds. I need this to send with my husband's UK police certificate application. :bonk:

Really? I think Citizens Bank does them. Bank of America did one for me in SC.

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

He just called to ask me my ring size. I can't breath.

Wow that is SOOOO exciting! I'm so happy for you! Woot woot!

Don't worry, just about everything confuses that bunch. Luckily Saylin is super patient... Sometimes I read those posts and just facepalm. The exact same questions over and over, and even some really dim things like "so i just paid the IV fee last night and it stills says "in process"!!!!!! is something wrong?????" mellow.gif

She's quite literally a saint. I wish I knew her IRL and we could hang out and be Canada buddies. Lol!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Wow that is SOOOO exciting! I'm so happy for you! Woot woot!

thank you. I am very happy. He hasn't even meet my parents and yesterday it was so scary when dad didn't react the way we wanted him too. Now that he is buying a ring. Our marriage just went from arranged to love.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

She's quite literally a saint. I wish I knew her IRL and we could hang out and be Canada buddies. Lol!

She definitely is. She's the kind of person that should work at places like NVC, instead of those grouchy people they have as operators. I mean, if you don't like customer service, why would you apply for a job like that? blink.gif

I guess I can't really complain too much, though, since I've only had to call into NVC a grand total of three times: once to confirm they'd received my case (they had), once to get my case numbers (which were given), and once to confirm my case completion (which they did). I guess I've been lucky only ever having gotten good news from them. whistling.gif I've also tried to be patient, though, since someone told me they had a call log from each person's case number telling the time and date of every time they've called. I guess if the operator sees the person has only called once or twice in a month instead of three times a day they might be a bit more patient. Not that that's an excuse for their grouchiness, just a thought.

Also: my clothes were successfully washed AND dried today! The sun held strong all day thankfully. kicking.gif Yay for clean laundry!

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

My husband refuses to swim. He can swim, but he doesn't like the feeling of it.

He also refuses to put on a bathing suit and stand knee deep in the water. Seriously? We are going to live by the beach and we are taking a trip to the USVI like a week after we get back. Could you please stop being such a stick (I accidentally wrote the d word instead before I corrected it) in the mud? You'd think I was trying to poison him with warm ocean water and sunshine.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I wish I was as cool as Rand Paul. http://israndpaulstilltalking.com/

He is one man Filibuster machine.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

My husband refuses to swim. He can swim, but he doesn't like the feeling of it.

He also refuses to put on a bathing suit and stand knee deep in the water. Seriously? We are going to live by the beach and we are taking a trip to the USVI like a week after we get back. Could you please stop being such a stick (I accidentally wrote the d word instead before I corrected it) in the mud? You'd think I was trying to poison him with warm ocean water and sunshine.

My hubby was born and raised at the beach, yet doesn't like going under water because he's afraid of water getting in his ears. It's some weird phobia he has about water touching/entering his ears. blink.gif He'll go swimming but letting it go above his shoulders is a no-no.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My Rant for the afternoon:

I am so upset with Rand Paul for NOT Wearing Depends!!!!

ok - end of rant.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Is he still talking?

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

omg, he got it specially engraved. he won't tell me what it says. :( he has been mysterious all day. first he was freakin out all morning wanting to talk to me (i am 3 hours behind his time) and then after talking for 5 minutes, he calmed down and then spent all day being mysterious and barely talking. I wish he would be just be normal like he typically is.

any ideas what I can get him? I was thinking about cufflinks with our initials intertwined. I don't want to get a wallet or watch because that's too common. I hate how its so hard to buy romantic gifts for guys.

omg, he got it specially engraved. he won't tell me what it says. :( he has been mysterious all day. first he was freakin out all morning wanting to talk to me (i am 3 hours behind his time) and then after talking for 5 minutes, he calmed down and then spent all day being mysterious and barely talking. I wish he would be just be normal like he typically is.

any ideas what I can get him? I was thinking about cufflinks with our initials intertwined. I don't want to get a wallet or watch because that's too common. I hate how its so hard to buy romantic gifts for guys.

So it's officially arranged now? As to cuff links I didn't know any one even used such things any more. I think the sweetest thing my wife ever gave to me was a key chain with our pictures engraved on it. She didn't even have a picture of us together to have it made from. They used two separate pictures she had and put us together. A cheap present, but I still have it 8 years later, although our pictures are not so clear.

I've got to agree, guys are hard to buy for though.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

So it's officially arranged now? As to cuff links I didn't know any one even used such things any more. I think the sweetest thing my wife ever gave to me was a key chain with our pictures engraved on it. She didn't even have a picture of us together to have it made from. They used two separate pictures she had and put us together. A cheap present, but I still have it 8 years later, although our pictures are not so clear.

I've got to agree, guys are hard to buy for though.

here is the scary part its not officially arranged. We won't know for a fact until next wednesday. My brother and his friends use cufflinks. We go to lot of events where they have to dress up. With our future wedding and all the events related to it, I thought it might be a cute idea? He doesn't have a car, so I don't know about keychain.

here is the scary part its not officially arranged. We won't know for a fact until next wednesday. My brother and his friends use cufflinks. We go to lot of events where they have to dress up. With our future wedding and all the events related to it, I thought it might be a cute idea? He doesn't have a car, so I don't know about keychain.

No keys to the house or room either? Actually it wasn't that it was a key chain, but that she went to the trouble of getting a picture of me and having this made of us together. A simple small thing that is always with him. An engraved watch. A pocket knife engraved with something silly, only you can cut my heart or never sever our love and your names. He's giving you some thing you'll always have with you. Try to think of something that will always be carried by him and personalize it.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My husband said the best gift I ever got him was an engraved set of military dog tags. They were engraved with my name and his and our zodiac sign on the back (we have the same birthday). He wears them so much they actually started wearing down. :P

Obviously they don't have to be dog tags per se. My husband grew up in a military family so the dog tags fit his personality.

In my experience Indian guys love personalized gifts like this. I also got my FIL something from Things Remembered and he loved it.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png