SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

After-work Rant: Why can't we get the nice managers all the time, the ones who don't act like dictators.. called the duty manager to do an inspection of her area, and her response was essentially "I'm eating my dinner, I trust you guys, it's cool". Why can't they all be like that sometimes!?

"What's yours is mine!"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My favorite thing is when people here tell me what my own country is like. People honestly think that all we eat are burgers, fries, and pizza. I'm always like "seriously?" :blink:

In regards to food, Indians tend to think all us Americans do is eat meat, meat, and more meat especially beef and yes in the form of thick juicy burgers. When I first met my in laws, they were convinced that I wouldn't like their cooking because it was mostly vegetarian. Raj from the Big Bang Theory said it best "Hey my snow white American friends, let's put some cow meat on the BBQ and eat it until we're obese". :rofl:

When I told them I only eat meat 2-3 times a week they were shocked. When I told them my family and I have our own garden and grow most of our food in the summer and fall, they were even more surprised. At that point I think my MIL was convinced that I was alright and that the neighbor's cow would be safe ;)

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Wow! That is great! My daughter was a late developmental bloomer too and I remember how happy I was with sitting, crawling, and eventually walking long after her peers had done so. :dance:

Aww, congrats!

Thanks, y'all! We are super excited. She's been pretty much on target for most of her milestones, but we were worried about the pulling up/walking bit. She still tires pretty easily, though she stays busy, as babies do. It's a miracle that she's with us. I am grateful every day.

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

Timeline

Thanks, y'all! We are super excited. She's been pretty much on target for most of her milestones, but we were worried about the pulling up/walking bit. She still tires pretty easily, though she stays busy, as babies do. It's a miracle that she's with us. I am grateful every day.

That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for your family :D

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Urgh, can't upload a friggin pic!

Edited by MeredythB

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

RANT: WHAT THE HELL, SKYPE. The connection when I call USCIS or NVC is usually so good, but today it sucked! I just called NVC and had to ask the lady I was talking to to repeat herself like five times because the connection kept breaking up! :bonk: Jeez, obnoxious.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

On the positive side, my daughter pulled up for the first time today. We'd been told to expect some developmental delays when she was born, due to her prematurity, her extremely small size, and her heart issues. She's 13 months old now and she just looked at me this morning, decided that my Kindle should be hers, and pulled herself to standing so she could make a grab for it. So flipping excited! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Congrats that's awesome! I remember when my daughter hit all those milestones, it was so exciting, even more so when she was "late." Enjoy all those moments.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Tries to post something in the NVC thread to be helpful about being forwarded directly to embassy due to expedite.

Confuses all the NVC filers.

FML.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Tries to post something in the NVC thread to be helpful about being forwarded directly to embassy due to expedite.

Confuses all the NVC filers.

FML.

Don't worry, just about everything confuses that bunch. Luckily Saylin is super patient... Sometimes I read those posts and just facepalm. The exact same questions over and over, and even some really dim things like "so i just paid the IV fee last night and it stills says "in process"!!!!!! is something wrong?????" mellow.gif

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

Don't worry, just about everything confuses that bunch. Luckily Saylin is super patient... Sometimes I read those posts and just facepalm. The exact same questions over and over, and even some really dim things like "so i just paid the IV fee last night and it stills says "in process"!!!!!! is something wrong?????" mellow.gif

Bless her for that. Me, I'd be way too bitchy to deal. :rofl:

No one seems to know where my husband's vaccination records are. His mother swears she gave them to him and he swears he has never even laid eyes on such a thing.

Hopefully, the doctor's office finds them in storage tomorrow, otherwise I don't know what we'll do. :cry:

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

Arrrgghhh! I can't find a bank in my city who can issue a banker's draft in British pounds. I need this to send with my husband's UK police certificate application. :bonk:

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

Bless her for that. Me, I'd be way too bitchy to deal. :rofl:

No one seems to know where my husband's vaccination records are. His mother swears she gave them to him and he swears he has never even laid eyes on such a thing.

Hopefully, the doctor's office finds them in storage tomorrow, otherwise I don't know what we'll do. :cry:

Have you asked his doctor if he can do antibody tests instead? They don't cost as much (at least not here), and that way you won't need the original vaccination records. It basically just proves whether or not he's either gotten the vaccination for whatever it is you're testing, or has already had the illness. Otherwise you might just have to stick him full of a bunch of shots all over again. blink.gif

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

Arrrgghhh! I can't find a bank in my city who can issue a banker's draft in British pounds. I need this to send with my husband's UK police certificate application. :bonk:

Why not do it in the USD equivalent?

Have you asked his doctor if he can do antibody tests instead? They don't cost as much (at least not here), and that way you won't need the original vaccination records. It basically just proves whether or not he's either gotten the vaccination for whatever it is you're testing, or has already had the illness. Otherwise you might just have to stick him full of a bunch of shots all over again. blink.gif

I think that will be next if the doctor can't find it. Turns out this has been the doctor he's had since toddlerhood, so I hope he still has it.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

Why not do it in the USD equivalent?

The application says they only accept the payment in Pounds. I wonder if the Travelex exchange center at the airport could help me out...

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png