SAT

The Rant

3,156 posts in this topic

I get really tired of being told my country sucks. I'm moving because I love him, NO other reason. I find it hurtful enough to being tears. But then I cry easily and I'm probably overreacting. Time for work. Have a fun ranting day.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I get really tired of being told my country sucks. I'm moving because I love him, NO other reason. I find it hurtful enough to being tears. But then I cry easily and I'm probably overreacting. Time for work. Have a fun ranting day.

I hear you on that one! Canadians are very protective of their country even though we're not overly vocal about it. He is the only reason why I'm leaving too.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm thinking about changing my name to the Negativatron instead.

I'm changing my name to Insensitive Ira.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I swear my neighbors wait for me to leave so they can run out and move their car into my parking space mad.gif

Need proof? I went out the other day to get a drink from the gas station at 11:30 pm. I saw their car parked on the street. I was only gone for 15 minutes. When I got back they moved their vehicle into my vacant spot.

I've never even met them yet but they've already seemed to wage some lame passive aggressive war with me.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I swear my neighbors wait for me to leave so they can run out and move their car into my parking space mad.gif

Need proof? I went out the other day to get a drink from the gas station at 11:30 pm. I saw their car parked on the street. I was only gone for 15 minutes. When I got back they moved their vehicle into my vacant spot.

I've never even met them yet but they've already seemed to wage some lame passive aggressive war with me.

My neighbor is so fat she voluntarily parks on the street because it's closer to her door

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Knowing how hot it is in the Philippines sun, I can't imagine how bad it would be washing by hand on a roof. Maybe drying, that heat probably could help speed up drying in a humid climate. Filipinos often do the wash outside, but they set their washing area up in the shade.

It is really hot. Luckily I don't have to hand wash EVERYTHING, so it's not usually too bad. And if you leave everything to soak for an hour or so before washing it, it makes it much easier.

I do believe it is covered, but still on the roof.

They're usually covered, but ours isn't for some reason, which produces a lot of problems (flooding, too much sun which bleaches out the clothes, etc). I asked my husband why his family hasn't paid for it to get a covering, and he said it's because they want to move after we go back to the States. :huh: Which made me wonder how WE'RE holding things up, but who knows.

It all started over the confusion that schools I know of up here don't have cafeterias until high school so I was confused when I said I was making my daughter her lunch and he said I thought she ate at school... Ends up with this statement. To which I almost replied he could take his immigration and shove it. In the end I just said I love my country and would prefer not to defend it to him. I also gave him control to call the nvc to get our case information. I'm not doing it anymore. I feel like I'm pushing the immigration along and I'm doing it all for him. Argh!

This happens to me sometimes. It usually stems from a really dumb argument and then branches of into that when my husband runs out of valid arguments. :rolleyes: It's really annoying and really hurts my feelings. He says really stereotypical things like "Americans think they're the owners of the world" and "Americans think they're better than everyone else". Those kind of accusations make me feel like ####### because I'm NOT like that, and I think he only does it when he's mad because he knows it gets to me. It's stupid, too, because there are people like that everyone, not just in the States. I've met plenty Ecuadorians who think their country is better than all others, or that they're entitled to everything, etc. Obviously everyone is proud of their own country so it's a pointless thing to argue over. It's really frustrating. I try to just walk away. :bonk: Of course he always apologizes afterwards, and I know he doesn't really mean it, but at that moment it makes me wanna beat his head in. :whistle:

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

My neighbor is so fat she voluntarily parks on the street because it's closer to her door

Does she roll to the door?

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

It is really hot. Luckily I don't have to hand wash EVERYTHING, so it's not usually too bad. And if you leave everything to soak for an hour or so before washing it, it makes it much easier.

They're usually covered, but ours isn't for some reason, which produces a lot of problems (flooding, too much sun which bleaches out the clothes, etc). I asked my husband why his family hasn't paid for it to get a covering, and he said it's because they want to move after we go back to the States. :huh: Which made me wonder how WE'RE holding things up, but who knows.

This happens to me sometimes. It usually stems from a really dumb argument and then branches of into that when my husband runs out of valid arguments. :rolleyes: It's really annoying and really hurts my feelings. He says really stereotypical things like "Americans think they're the owners of the world" and "Americans think they're better than everyone else". Those kind of accusations make me feel like ####### because I'm NOT like that, and I think he only does it when he's mad because he knows it gets to me. It's stupid, too, because there are people like that everyone, not just in the States. I've met plenty Ecuadorians who think their country is better than all others, or that they're entitled to everything, etc. Obviously everyone is proud of their own country so it's a pointless thing to argue over. It's really frustrating. I try to just walk away. :bonk: Of course he always apologizes afterwards, and I know he doesn't really mean it, but at that moment it makes me wanna beat his head in. :whistle:

Indians are extremely nationalistic to the point where a non-Indian dare not say anything that's remotely critical of India. Of course they are free to badmouth it as much as they please. :hehe:

This exists everywhere to a certain degree even with myself but I try to differentiate between a blatant insult vs. a statement of fact.

Example:

Foreigner: The American healthcare system is severely flawed.

Me: I can't agree more.

Vs.

Foreigner: All Americans are stupid, lazy, and xenophobic!

Me: I resent that!

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Does she roll to the door?

:rofl:

Rant: Effing internet went down for most of the day today. Why am I paying for unlimited access when it's down 3 days a week?

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

On the positive side, my daughter pulled up for the first time today. We'd been told to expect some developmental delays when she was born, due to her prematurity, her extremely small size, and her heart issues. She's 13 months old now and she just looked at me this morning, decided that my Kindle should be hers, and pulled herself to standing so she could make a grab for it. So flipping excited! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

Timeline

Indians are extremely nationalistic to the point where a non-Indian dare not say anything that's remotely critical of India. Of course they are free to badmouth it as much as they please. :hehe:

This exists everywhere to a certain degree even with myself but I try to differentiate between a blatant insult vs. a statement of fact.

Example:

Foreigner: The American healthcare system is severely flawed.

Me: I can't agree more.

Vs.

Foreigner: All Americans are stupid, lazy, and xenophobic!

Me: I resent that!

Ecuadorians are the same. They b!tch and moan about the country all they want but if anyone else dares utter a word, it's the end of the world. I can kind of understand this, like you said. Like, if I were to call my brother a moron, it would be okay since he's MY brother. But if someone else does it, it's a problem. It's hypocritical, but that's kind of how I feel. Like you said, it also depends on how the "insult" is worded. If it's more of an intelligent critique, I can deal with it and converse, but if it's obviously intended to be an insult it's obnoxious.

My favorite thing is when people here tell me what my own country is like. People honestly think that all we eat are burgers, fries, and pizza. I'm always like "seriously?" :blink:

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Timeline

On the positive side, my daughter pulled up for the first time today. We'd been told to expect some developmental delays when she was born, due to her prematurity, her extremely small size, and her heart issues. She's 13 months old now and she just looked at me this morning, decided that my Kindle should be hers, and pulled herself to standing so she could make a grab for it. So flipping excited! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Wow! That is great! My daughter was a late developmental bloomer too and I remember how happy I was with sitting, crawling, and eventually walking long after her peers had done so. :dance:

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

Aww, congrats!

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016