honeyblonde

Saturday Thread

87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

honey blonde....Dr. Berger in North Carolina is running a special...the full operation and followup for reversal of tubal ligation is $5,000 from now until Jan '07. Might wanna look into it since that's $1,000 off, though I guess it would depend on where in the country you live and how much the air fare diff would be.

I told Abdel about him and that's what he's hoping we can get a loan to go do. We're in Savannah Georgia, so North Carolina isn't that far for us. I moved here from Charlotte. What city is Dr. Berger in? Do you know anybody who had theirs done there?

I got my tubes tied when I was 23 because I was a rabbit. My first pregnancy was basically because I got married and didn't use any birth control. I think I got pregnant my wedding night. My second son I was using a diaphragm and woke up in the middle of the night in the middle of a dream that turned out to not be a dream. The diaphragm was in the medicine cabinet. I looked at my husband and said "honey, we're gonna have another baby" and we did. My sons' father was an extremely irresponsible but very nice man that I thought I would never be able to divorce, and the last thing I wanted was more kids with him.

For 20 years I didn't mind that my tubes were tied. I never had to worry about birth control which was good because I don't get along well with the pill (my doctor has tried using it for PMS control). I never regretted it, still don't. For the first time in my life I do know that I'm finally married to a man I want to have a baby with, and $5,000 is not really that much compared to 20 years of free birth control. From what I've heard of the technology now, it's a very simple procedure and if I recover as easily as I did from this summer's exploratory laparoscopy, not really much pain or trouble at all. I was fine about 4 hours after that surgery and my doctor removed a lot of scar tissue from my abdominal area then.

Well he has message forums here http://www.tubal-reversal.net/cgi-bin/ulti...i?ubb=get_daily . You can talk to some people who have got theirs done there and the nurses who work there are super nice. He actually keeps his own stats as to who has gotten pregnant after having the procedure done. My ob/gyn actually recommended him and I'm in Boston so that's saying something. At least one of the nurses who work there had the procedure done herself too.

Basically my ob/gyn said that this is not a common procedure, since many just opt for ivf instead, so you want to get someone who does a LOT of them. This is all this doctor does so he's very good at it. You may get someone locally who knows how but maybe he's done like one a month or something. Dr. Berger does a few a day. I will definitely use him next year insha Allah if all goes well. Unfortunately I'm not in a position now to take advantage of this deal which would be great but oh well. Sucks that insurance doesn't cover it.

Let me know how it goes if you have it done!!!

Also, don't know about other banks but capital one offers a low rate for fertility treatment loans : http://www.capitalonehealthcarefinance.com...ty/benefits.asp

Edited by doodlebug

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm hoping I won't get sick since I got my fly shot a couple of weeks ago

I'm glad I don't have to get a fly shot! Sounds weird! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: my spelling seems to have deteriorated over the years . . . hmmmm, had to think about how to spell that "d" word too . . .. must be stress! OK "FLU shot". :lol::lol:

Of course, maybe there are some lethal flies somewhere . . . .

If anyone is thinking of doing it....DONT.

I had my tubes tied when I was 20 and I have no regrets (and no children either). It was the best choice for me!

I tried, but my doctor wouldn't let me do it . . . said I needed to have children first!!!! So I had to keep up with birth control . . . sheesh!!!

If anyone is thinking of doing it....DONT.

I had my tubes tied when I was 20 and I have no regrets (and no children either). It was the best choice for me!

I tried, but my doctor wouldn't let me do it . . . said I needed to have children first!!!! So I had to keep up with birth control . . . sheesh!!!

my dr actually listened! it was the insurance company that was a more difficult sell. they came around though too.

i wouldnt mind having the flue and staying home from work and being with honey. I would wish that now. That is dream now no lie. If i could only be that lucky.

oh hello.. denali... wb :lol:

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the info Doodle. We talked about it tonight and he agreed to wait one more year. We're not ready financially, and I want to lose substantial weight before I even try to get pregnant. Now I just have to get my butt busy and start losing that weight!

When I was getting my tubes tied, they tried to talk me out of it for months. I arranged to have it done the morning after my son was born, so they had almost 9 months to try to talk me out of it. I've heard that it's pretty much impossible to get it done without at least 3 kids now, and you usually have to be over 25 or 30 before they'll even consider doing it.

Well, I better get off of here, Abdel just came in from his night smoke so it's time to crash, and boy am I tired! We tried to take a nap when he got off work, but I didn't get to sleep more than 5 minutes and my son called for me to pick him up from work. He had enough hours he got off early. My luck sucks!

You young things enjoy your late night chats and troublemaking and leave messages all about it so I have something to read in the morning.

Night!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

honey blonde....Dr. Berger in North Carolina is running a special...the full operation and followup for reversal of tubal ligation is $5,000 from now until Jan '07. Might wanna look into it since that's $1,000 off, though I guess it would depend on where in the country you live and how much the air fare diff would be.

I told Abdel about him and that's what he's hoping we can get a loan to go do. We're in Savannah Georgia, so North Carolina isn't that far for us. I moved here from Charlotte. What city is Dr. Berger in? Do you know anybody who had theirs done there?

I got my tubes tied when I was 23 because I was a rabbit. My first pregnancy was basically because I got married and didn't use any birth control. I think I got pregnant my wedding night. My second son I was using a diaphragm and woke up in the middle of the night in the middle of a dream that turned out to not be a dream. The diaphragm was in the medicine cabinet. I looked at my husband and said "honey, we're gonna have another baby" and we did. My sons' father was an extremely irresponsible but very nice man that I thought I would never be able to divorce, and the last thing I wanted was more kids with him.

For 20 years I didn't mind that my tubes were tied. I never had to worry about birth control which was good because I don't get along well with the pill (my doctor has tried using it for PMS control). I never regretted it, still don't. For the first time in my life I do know that I'm finally married to a man I want to have a baby with, and $5,000 is not really that much compared to 20 years of free birth control. From what I've heard of the technology now, it's a very simple procedure and if I recover as easily as I did from this summer's exploratory laparoscopy, not really much pain or trouble at all. I was fine about 4 hours after that surgery and my doctor removed a lot of scar tissue from my abdominal area then.

Well this is a whole different reason than the ones I have seen on here. Because you were a rabbit? Were you not able to control yourself? I guess having your tubes tied is better than having an abortion each time you couldn't resist but I can't relate to you about being a rabbit thank God. I feel lucky that I know how to use birth control and can control myself. Thanks for sharing with everyone that you were a rabbit! :no:

I think she just meant that she was very fertile, not that she was a #######.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline
I think she just meant that she was very fertile, not that she was a #######.

I didn't say that she was a #######. She has already informed everyone about how many boyfriends she had and how wild she was.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I've never heard the expression "Fertile as a rabbit"

i've heard "they f'ed like rabbits..." but never in relation to fertility.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline
I've never heard the expression "Fertile as a rabbit"

i've heard "they f'ed like rabbits..." but never in relation to fertility.

DOn't you have to be experienced to know just how fertile you are in the first place?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I don't really understand MULTIPLE unwanted pregnancies. I worked in an inner city school where I had teenagers on their third child...I mean, the first time...ok, whoops...but live and learn! (Totally just my opinion...but I'm biased as I've been able to go 28 years without an unwanted pregnancy). Is no one teaching these children how to use BC, how to say no, how to be responsible...and I think the answer is no.

(PS this is totally a tagent on teen pregnancy and not related to the above comments)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Timeline
I don't really understand MULTIPLE unwanted pregnancies. I worked in an inner city school where I had teenagers on their third child...I mean, the first time...ok, whoops...but live and learn! (Totally just my opinion...but I'm biased as I've been able to go 28 years without an unwanted pregnancy). Is no one teaching these children how to use BC, how to say no, how to be responsible...and I think the answer is no.

(PS this is totally a tagent on teen pregnancy and not related to the above comments)

hahaha I agree with you though. You would think people would learn after the first time but that isn't the case sadly. I just don't know why someone can't control themselves. If you have to get your tubes tied at the age of 23 because you can't control yourself then I think that says something... but maybe that's just me.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

wow

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

So... when your throat is sore and your stomach feels wonky and you're really tired... does that mean you're getting sick? :P

Boy oh boy, I hope I'm not coming down with something. I can't afford to be off work and my workplace is too cheap to give sick leave.

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.