bp1234

Interview at Mumbai Consulate

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

My wife interview for CR1 is in March 2013 at Mumbai Consulate. I have few questions. I will really appreciate if someone can clarify some of my doubts...

1) Appointment Letter - I have received email from NVC with attached pdf copy of appointment letter. I did not receive any hardcopy from NVC by regular mail.

In medical test and interview at consulate,the print out copy of appointment letter will work or they need actual hard copy of appointment letter from NVC ?

2) Creating a Profile at Mumbai Consulate : When do we need to create profile at consulate website ? Any time after receiving appointment letter in email or after

medical test ?

3) New USCIS Immigrant Fee : My application is CR1 : I am assuming I need to Pay $230 fee by BANK DRAFT ? is that true ?

Immediate Relative and Family Preference Applications- $230

4) When do we need to submit draft ? during interview or when we collect the passport ?

5) What should be her dress code ? Western or Indian ?

Thanks for your help,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

My wife interview for CR1 is in March 2013 at Mumbai Consulate. I have few questions. I will really appreciate if someone can clarify some of my doubts...

1) Appointment Letter - I have received email from NVC with attached pdf copy of appointment letter. I did not receive any hardcopy from NVC by regular mail.

In medical test and interview at consulate,the print out copy of appointment letter will work or they need actual hard copy of appointment letter from NVC ?

2) Creating a Profile at Mumbai Consulate : When do we need to create profile at consulate website ? Any time after receiving appointment letter in email or after

medical test ?

3) New USCIS Immigrant Fee : My application is CR1 : I am assuming I need to Pay $230 fee by BANK DRAFT ? is that true ?

4) When do we need to submit draft ? during interview or when we collect the passport ?

Thanks for your help,

1 - Just print the NVC interview letter, it is good enough for interview/medical. You may receive the hard copy, but it really doesnt matter, as your NVC interview copy is good enough.

2, 3, 4 - I am not up-to-date for these new changes, so wait for answers from other VJ members.

5 - Whatever makes her feel comfortable.

XrVRp5.png

1- Just print out a copy for medical or/and interview.

2- Not sure.

3-The new USCIS fee is $165 and it will need to be paid online, CO will give your wife more instructions if she is approved.

4- you will pay it after your wife receives her visa but BEFORE she flies to the US.

5- her dressing is personal choice, she should dress in a decent way whether Indian or Western.

I hope that helps.

Edited by maziid.je

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

medical test ?

Thanks for your help,

I have just completed my interview last month so i can answer.

1.just print out that pdf file(p4/ appointment letter ). you can do medical and enter consulate with it.

2. I think you are talking about creating profile on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/ . right ? it is for passport delivery registration.

you can register before interview. don't forget to take UID pdf page (you will get pdf when you will register on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/ ) at the time of interview.

3.yes you have to pay 230$ , but in rs. current consular exchange rate is 57 rs. so 13110 she have to pay through a bank draft drawn on a nationalized or foreign bank in favor of the American Consulate General, Mumbai.

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivfees.html

once she receive her passports back . she has to pay 165$ before departing to usa.for green card .

for more info : http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3a2bb75e8109b310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

4.during interview.

5. anything but decent :thumbs:

Timeline

Thanks you sp1991,iwaiting and maziid.je for your prompt response.

I have paid a) "Payment Receipt for IV case" = $230 b) AOS Fee Payment = $88 to NVC to there website when I have submitted DS230 1 and DS230 2 forms earlier.

So this "Immediate Relative and Family Preference Applications- $230" is a separate Fee on top of what I have paid earlier ? Please clarify.

Thanks one again.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I am preparing for my father interview. I need help if someone can guide. What document we need to fill out for Mumbai consulate specific

Applicant Readiness Form - DS 2001

and what ever mention document in Instruction package for immigrant visa applicants

I already register IV Address to get passport back after visa.

Is there any extra fee I have to pay. I paid IV fee $230 and AOS $88.

Anything else ?

Thanks

Service Center : National Benefits Center

Consulate : Mumbai, India

I-130 Sent : 2012-09-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2012-11-30

NVC Received : 2013-01-07

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2013-01-24

Pay I-864 Bill 2013-01-24

Receive I-864 Package : 2013-01-24

Return Completed I-864 : 2013-01-28

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2013-01-23

Receive IV Bill : 2013-02-04

Pay IV Bill : 2013-02-04

IV Package (all documents) sent Feb 7th 2013.

Case Completed at NVC : 2013-02-21 (Called NVC and Customer Service rep mention case is closed and all documents are good)

NVC email for Checklist (PASSPORT POLICE CERTIFICATE) - Feb 22nd 2013 ( I called NVC and NVC mention that Carry document during Interview)

Email Received for Case Closed from NVC : Feb 28th 2013

Interview Date : Aril 1st 2013

Visa Approved

Collected Passport : April 4th 2013

Paid $165 : April 4th 2013

Timeline

I have paid a) "Payment Receipt for IV case" = $230 b) AOS Fee Payment = $88 to NVC to there website when I have submitted DS230 1 and DS230 2 forms earlier.

So this "Immediate Relative and Family Preference Applications- $230" is a separate Fee on top of what I have paid earlier ? Please clarify.

Thanks for asking. I'd also very much like to know the answer!

Brief bio: "apple" is US citizen in Boston, "ginger" is Indian citizen in Kolkata.

Timeline

02/17/2012: Marriage

03/29/2012: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/02/2012: NOA1 Priority Date

10/26/2012: NOA2 approved

12/12/2012: Case completed at NVC

01/30/2013: Interview date notification

03/19/2013: Interview (approved!!)

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Thanks you sp1991,iwaiting and maziid.je for your prompt response.

Thanks one again.

if you have already paid 230$ (iv fee ) online ,then there is no need to pay 230$ again. but please cross check that you have paid fee.just open online fee account using case num and invoice no.if you have paid 230 $ , then there will be " PAID " status.

however you have o pay 165 $ online .for green card . if you wont pay hat 165 $ , uscis wont send you green card. here is the link for more details.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3a2bb75e8109b310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Can some one help me on below ?

I am preparing for my father interview. I need help if someone can guide. What document we need to fill out for Mumbai consulate specific

Applicant Readiness Form - DS 2001

and what ever mention document in Instruction package for immigrant visa applicants

I already register IV Address to get passport back after visa.

Is there any extra fee I have to pay. I paid IV fee $230 and AOS $88.

Anything else ?

Thanks

Service Center : National Benefits Center

Consulate : Mumbai, India

I-130 Sent : 2012-09-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2012-11-30

NVC Received : 2013-01-07

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2013-01-24

Pay I-864 Bill 2013-01-24

Receive I-864 Package : 2013-01-24

Return Completed I-864 : 2013-01-28

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2013-01-23

Receive IV Bill : 2013-02-04

Pay IV Bill : 2013-02-04

IV Package (all documents) sent Feb 7th 2013.

Case Completed at NVC : 2013-02-21 (Called NVC and Customer Service rep mention case is closed and all documents are good)

NVC email for Checklist (PASSPORT POLICE CERTIFICATE) - Feb 22nd 2013 ( I called NVC and NVC mention that Carry document during Interview)

Email Received for Case Closed from NVC : Feb 28th 2013

Interview Date : Aril 1st 2013

Visa Approved

Collected Passport : April 4th 2013

Paid $165 : April 4th 2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.