hawkeyez

Gay

96 posts in this topic

I can't say what percentage does. I know my church sends the food they collect every week to secular food shelves. There's a number of other regular things they also help support, that I know have no litmus test of what the person's faith when they come for help. Although I would guess the schools we help build in Honduras and the clinics we help support there might have predominately Catholic populations in the towns. Are you sure your opinion isn't based on a bias without any knowledge of actual distribution?

I have no actual numbers, I was using Danno logic. If Atheists give less of their money away, then it only stands to reason that they have more of it to support themselves.

Isn't that the Republican slogan?

You beat me to it Evylin. Seems Danno has come full circle. :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Isn't that the Republican slogan?

your close, but it goes something like-

I got mine, the Gov't took yours.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

your close, but it goes something like-

I got mine, the Gov't took yours.

meaning, republicans don't pay taxes?

Timeline

the bottom line would be documented research. give me some to prove your bottom line. i can tell you think mighty highly of yourself but just because you say something, doesn't make it true.

more often than not, church goers tithe and call it a day. they give money to support their own church and whatever charity (if any) their church is directly involved in. but if a stranger walks up to them on the street and asks for their spare change, they won't give it up.

You're just wrong, people of faith even donate blood at greater levels than the faithless.

They are more likely to help out at school and in causes which have no connection to religion.

Name for me the biggest private organizations which mobilize help during natural disasters?

I think the biggest is the Baptist mens org.

sorry.

William Penn

You're just wrong, people of faith even donate blood at greater levels than the faithless.

They are more likely to help out at school and in causes which have no connection to religion.

Name for me the biggest private organizations which mobilize help during natural disasters?

I think the biggest is the Baptist mens org.

sorry.

look. i know you didn't read the link and i am fully aware of your issues with reading comprehension. the study shows that contrary to what your religion spews, atheists and agnostics are also charitable, however their compassion manifests differently than the compassion of the religious. the fact that you're hellbent on demonizing atheists shows your propensity towards allowing your personal judgements of others dictate how worthy you deem the recipients of your compassion. your attitude/remarks towards those that don't agree with your beliefs is sadly typical of pious believers. it's a gross phenomenon and what ultimately led me to free myself of the burden of deity all together.

Timeline

look. i know you didn't read the link and i am fully aware of your issues with reading comprehension. the study shows that contrary to what your religion spews, atheists and agnostics are also charitable, however their compassion manifests differently than the compassion of the religious. the fact that you're hellbent on demonizing atheists shows your propensity towards allowing your personal judgements of others dictate how worthy you deem the recipients of your compassion. your attitude/remarks towards those that don't agree with your beliefs is sadly typical of pious believers. it's a gross phenomenon and what ultimately led me to free myself of the burden of deity all together.

Look man, I know you want to believe Atheists are caring folks and individually their no doubt are but I did some serious research on this and one would have to really scour the web to find anything which mitigates what every other

set of data shows.

I read the Berkely stuff before, it is basically explaining away the data yet it is all speculations.

If you actually searched this topic you saw the multitude of studies which back up my posts here.

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

i have never met an atheist as judgmental or self righteous as you come across on these forums.

Your really pushing it. One more outburst like that, and it's off to hell for you without a doubt.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It isn't the atheists telling women who get abortions that they're weak.

Nope, it is the pagans. ;)

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Your really pushing it. One more outburst like that, and it's off to hell for you without a doubt.

“...I just want to be free of the fears and anxieties and the superstitions of religion. An 'avenging GOD'? One who created Hell for those who don't believe? I thought we were the perfect and holy children of GOD? How could any limits possibly be put upon us? Hell.. really? I'm sorry, but... no. Wrong. You're wrong. That's an insane GOD and therefore not mine. Because, see, GOD would be very sane, don't you get it?”

― Bill Hicks, Love All the People: Letters, Lyrics, Routines

Timeline

“...I just want to be free of the fears and anxieties and the superstitions of religion. An 'avenging GOD'? One who created Hell for those who don't believe? I thought we were the perfect and holy children of GOD? How could any limits possibly be put upon us? Hell.. really? I'm sorry, but... no. Wrong. You're wrong. That's an insane GOD and therefore not mine. Because, see, GOD would be very sane, don't you get it?”

― Bill Hicks, Love All the People: Letters, Lyrics, Routines

No wonder you're an Atheist if you misunderstand basic themes of religion.

But I am here to light a candle rather than mock the darkness. :)

1. Considering suicide rates and a host of other data, it can hardly be said Atheists don't experience fears and anxiety.

2.God is JUST.... only seeking vengeance on the deserving, forgiveness is freely given to any who turn towards him.

3.We are not aLL "perfect and holy" (where did that even come from?)

4. Hell was created for the fallen angle Satan and his angels.

God is not your enemy, he makes every provision to add to your life not take from it.

William Penn

Timeline

It isn't the atheists telling women who get abortions that they're weak.

Thats not a claim I think I made, though undoubtedly some are,

buffaloed into terminating the life of their unborn child by some boyfriend or parent or even friend.

I don't think anyone suggested they are any more weak than the average person.

William Penn