Bunnyqr

The worst phone call ever

65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Last night my fiance called me to tell me two things.

First how much he loved me.

Second, that he lied to me when he said he sent his final divorce decree in the mail 2 weeks ago.

If you see my time line you will understand that our first RFE was for his final divorce papers. We submitted his divorce petition. I have been waiting for 7 months for these papers and now the truth is out. Why now? Because he had no other choice but to tell me the truth now at the last ticking hour. Our dead line for these papers are this Sunday.

I am numb, I listened to all he had to say to me. I didn't scream, I didn't swear, I just listened and asked why the lies. He said that he has been trying to get his ex-wife to sign them since I told him we needed them in April. He says she wants more money from him. He says she is playing games with him promising to sign and then not doing it. He said he tried to "protect" me from his problems with her.

He said it's not my problem.

I said it was my problem. And then all the fears flooded through my head, my engagement is false! His family has no idea what is going on!!! My wedding plans are finished! My wedding dress is paid for and I don't want to pick it up at the bridal shop.

All this time, all the opportunities he could have told me face to face and he chose not to.

TRUST!?!?!?!!

The foundation of a relationship crumbled!

If he had told me in the beginning, I never would have started the Visa process. I don't know what I would have done, probably stuck with him and waited it out till it was finalized.

Now what?

I left work early today. I can't concentrate. I will call Immigration on Monday and withdraw the visa, ask what needs to be worded in the letter.

He tells me he will be here in December. I don't believe him. How??? He doesn't know what he is talking about. The embassy has already denied him a travel visa due to not having strong enough economic ties to Greece to guarantee he will come back.

So last night I took off my engagement ring and put it back in it's box.

I put all pictures of him, gifts, etc. away.

I really believed him that the papers were coming. I feel like a fool calling everyday to see if they were delivered to my home.

The only thing I can say right now that makes any sense, is thank God Immigration knows their stuff and knew to request the final divorce decree. What if we got the visa with only his divorce petition, he came here and married me and then I find out his divorce wasn't final!!!!

God blesses us in so many ways, even in ways we don't understand at the time.

So, I will say farewell to all.

Thank you all for your support, your funny stories, sharing your pics, passing along jokes and giving great advice.

To all of you, good luck and may your true loves be with you soon.

B

Andreas & Bridgett

3dflagsdotcom_greec_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

Kisses.jpg

January 29, 2006 - WE GOT ENGAGED!!

March 20, 2006- mail K-1 VISA (certified & return receipt).

March 22, 2006 - Vermont office receives our application.

March 23, 2006 - NOA1

March 24, 2006 - Check is cashed

April 22, 2006 - Receive email from USCIS that RFE is mailed for more information.

April 28, 2006 - Receive RFE in the mail. Need final divorce decree from Andreas.

June 20, 2006 - 2nd RFE (IMBRA)

June 23, 2006 - Received RFE (IMBRA) in the mail.

June 24, 2006 - FedEx IMBRA RFE to Vermont office.

June 27, 2006 - Vermont Office received IMBRA RFE.

July 3, 2006 - Touched

July 12, 2005 - Fedex request for extension for the 1st RFE.

July 17, 2006 - Deadline for 1st RFE.

July 18, 2006 - Touched

July 19, 2006 - Touched

July 20, 2006 - Touched

August 6, 2006 - Touched

August 17, 2006 - Touched and email that a letter has been sent with regards to RFE.

August 23, 2006 - Letter received, we got the extension I requested, they allowed us 3 MORE MONTHS!!!

October 27, 2006 - Papers mailed by courier from Athens.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am really really sorry to hear this. I remember you telling us how he was having a hard time getting things done. I hope you'll get through this and be well soon. Good luck.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Aww Bunnygr...I can only imagine the heartbreak you are feeling. I've watched you wait here a long time. I remember when you posted the pics of the wedding dress just not too long ago.

Give yourself time, space to think, What ever happens we are here for you. (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

I have followed your case from early on, with all of the highs and lows. We all noted the trouble you both have gone through on the divorce decree.

I can only offer the following, while honesty is always the best policy, is this an isolated incident?

I can somewhat understand your Fiance's desire to "shield" you from his past relationship and the continuing trouble it has caused, yet as deadlines approached, the "real" story should have emerged. Being blindsided sucks.

I hope you guys can work through this and not give up. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow that is huge. I don't know what I would do. Sorry.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Darn you, whoever moved this in the middle of my (now lost) reply!

B, oy.

Wait a few days before you take any steps that can't be reversed. Wait and see what Mana does about this; I smell a butt whoopin' coming soon.

I have a feeling this is an unfortunate but unavoidable cultural chaos---this isn't an abnormal way to deal with people in his world. It doesn't mean everything you think it might (necessarily).

Just hang in for a couple of days.

And turn the cell off. ;)

xxxmo

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
:( I am so sorry to hear this, its really good that you are looking at the silver lining in all of this. Stay strong (F)

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

wow, i am speechless..my best to you (F)

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Timeline

Ohhh Bunny I'm so sorry this has happened to you :( I know how excited you were about your wedding. I hope things can work out for you and your fiance. Maybe you guys just need a little space to make him know how important you really are to him. I hope you guys can work this out. (((Hugs)))) (F)

Edited by moody

I'm so sorry. I second meauxna's advice, and add that for now, take a bubble bath, have some wine, and try to relax. You'll know what your next step is once the initial shock fades.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Lets look at the positives, shall we? You are a brave lady and you know when to call it quits. I applaud you! I am glad you did not let this linger. Now let me suggest one more thing to you. Do not go burying your head on the pillows or anywhere else for that matter. This was all his fault and he knew precisely what he was doing. I am glad you have moved on symbolically by removing the ring. Now get those really close friends of yours nearby and begin the emotional healing process. While you heal, try not to despise him because it is true that hatred, that opposite side of love, can induce baggages that freezes one in time, rendering one, in the process, an emotional invalid.

Like the ring placed in its box, you must now remove the pictures from the web and from sight as you begin again and yes you will love again. As for the Greek god, well lets leave God to judge, shall we? It is possible that he loved....loves...you but perhaps not enough to run to you at the speed you desire.

If you were anywhere near my neighbourhood, i would have invited you out for a drink....but wait, i dont even drink... :(

Hang in there and keep those friends of yours you are very comfortable with close by.

YOU WILL LOVE AGAIN.............

Edited by masterpiece

K1 Trip

6-23-2006: I-129 mailed

8-31-2006: K1 approved

11-15-2006: K1 Interview: done and visa approved

11-21-2006: K1 visa issued

11-27-2006: JFK as POE: Work authorized stamp on I-94

AOS Mission

12-16-2006: 1-485 + I-765 mailed

1-3-2007: NOA1 received: Notice date 12-28-2006

1-16-2007: Biometrics

1-17-2007: Case transferred to CSC

2-10-2007: I-693 RFE (whatever happened to the panel physician`s medical report?)

4-3-2007: Another I-693 RFE

5-8-2007: Resident Permit Card received Next Stop: February 6, 2009 (I-751)

Removal of Conditional Basis of Residency (Form I-751)

2-6-2009 Mailed Form 1-751:::VSC

2-14-2009 Received I-751 Receipt notice indicating one year extension of conditional residency status

3-6-2009 Biometrics:::::::::::::waiting for VSC

7-7-2009: E-mail notice received: Card production ordered

8-3-2009: 10year Green Card Received in the mail.

Naturalization Application (N-400)

2-16-2010: N-400 sent in..

4-2-2010: Biometrics

5-18-2010: Interview

6-16-2010: Certificate of Nat. received- Masterpiece is a USC!

7-16-2010: U.S Passport in hand

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

(F)

What can I say? My heart goes out to you. May you know that you are loved by everyone here and we are all wishing you the very best. And the advice to wait a few days is a good one... At least you will have the weekend to reflect on everything and seek advice from those around you before you choose to call Immigration on Monday.

Sigh... I can't add anything else other than ((((((hug))))))

2005 August 27th Happily Married