Melina+Rodrigo

Medical Exam and Lost Records

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

I understand that my fiance needs to produce his vaccination records prior to his medical exam. However, we've come across something that may be problematic.

My fiance was born in Chile. When he was 6 months old, his dad got a job with the UN and the family relocated to Israel. They lived there from late 1980-1985 (or 86). It would be during those years that my fiance would have received his all vaccinations at his elementary school, which was in Tel-Aviv. The family relocated to different countries between 1980-2004 (Israel, Cyrpus, Honduras, Chile, back to Israel, Canada, back to Chile where he lives now). The records never followed them where they went. He's not to sure they even existed in the first place.

Is there anyway to find a record or even create a new one? Would the doctor doing the exam be able to assist with this? Not sure what to do....

thanks!

8/28/12 - I-129F packet sent to Dallas Lock Box
9/1/12 - Packet Receipt Date
9/5/12 - NOA1 received in mail
2/27/13 - NOA2 approval
3/5/13 - NOA2 hard copy
3/?/13 - NVC Received petition
3/13/13 - Petition sent to Santiago
4/10/13 - Medical Exam

4/29/13 - Interview (APPROVED!!!)

5/14/13 - Passport received

5/21/13 - POE Orlando FL

5/30/13 - WEDDING!!!!!

6/27/13 - AOS Packet sent

7/8/13 - AOS NOA

7/29/13 - RFE dry.png

8/5/13 - Biometrics

8/14/13 - RFE response received

9/4/13 - EAD Approved

9/13/13 - EAD recieved

9/15/13 - got a Social Security #

3/18/14 - potential interview waiver notice

6/2/14 - GREEN CARD APPROVED AND CARD PRODUCTION!!

3/10/16 - Lifting Conditions Packet sent (CSC)

3/14/16 - Case Received

3/19/16 - NOA Received

4/7/16 - Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

My fiance is also from Chile and although he received his vaccinations as a child, Chile is not so great at keeping medical records, and he has no record that he ever got the vaccinations. He spoke to the doctor who will perform his medical, and she said that it is normal for Chileans not to have their vaccination record, and she will give him everything he needs (he has proof of the vaccines by the scar on his arm). His medical is in two days, and I can let you know what happens if you want.

I would not worry about your fiance not having his medical record or vaccination record, assuming he is in generally good health.

K1 Visa Timeline

07/07/2012: I-129F Sent
07/10/2012: I-129F Delivered
07/12/2012: I-129F NOA1
12/27/2012: I-129F NOA2
01/08/2013: NVC Left
01/11/2013: Consulate Received
01/23/2013: Packets 3 and 4 Received
03/04/2013: Interview Date
Interview Result: Approved!!!
3/11/2013: Visa Received
05/04/2013: US Entry
06/01/2013: Marriage

Timeline

My fiance is also from Chile and although he received his vaccinations as a child, Chile is not so great at keeping medical records, and he has no record that he ever got the vaccinations. He spoke to the doctor who will perform his medical, and she said that it is normal for Chileans not to have their vaccination record, and she will give him everything he needs (he has proof of the vaccines by the scar on his arm). His medical is in two days, and I can let you know what happens if you want.

I would not worry about your fiance not having his medical record or vaccination record, assuming he is in generally good health.

Thank you so much!! That will be so helpful to us!! Based on years, I'm almost positive he has had MMR, DTP, Polio, Small Pox, and maybe Hepatitis B since that one came out in 1982. He went to the American International School so I'm assuming they would have abided by whatever was standard in the USA at the time.

2/27/13 - NOA2 approval
3/5/13 - NOA2 hard copy
4/10/13 - Medical Exam

5/21/13 - POE Orlando FL

5/30/13 - WEDDING!!!!!

7/8/13 - AOS NOA

7/29/13 - RFE dry.png

8/5/13 - Biometrics

9/4/13 - EAD Approved

9/13/13 - EAD recieved

3/14/16 - Case Received

3/19/16 - NOA Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

I when true that problem I didn't have my vaccination record and the doctor made me have the shoots again for free in he hospital and that was the end of it. The good part of it was that I haven't been sick ever since then I spend almost all the cold season over here in the USA and everybody is been sick but me so is actually something that kind a benefits me so far. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

My husband is Chilean and also has NO idea what he's gotten. We're going to try and contact his pediatrician... but most likely it will be a dead end. I'm also assuming he's gotten MMR, Small pox and polio. I think it's safe to assume that he hasn't had a flu shot, Hep A and probably could use a tetanus booster. So we're going to look into getting those ahead of time and see what insurance will cover. Has anyone else gotten them ahead of time? Is it more cost effective than getting them at the medical exam? Thoughts?

Timeline

My husband is Chilean and also has NO idea what he's gotten. We're going to try and contact his pediatrician... but most likely it will be a dead end. I'm also assuming he's gotten MMR, Small pox and polio. I think it's safe to assume that he hasn't had a flu shot, Hep A and probably could use a tetanus booster. So we're going to look into getting those ahead of time and see what insurance will cover. Has anyone else gotten them ahead of time? Is it more cost effective than getting them at the medical exam? Thoughts?

I'm not sure if it would be more cost effective. Can't hurt to get the vaccines done ahead of time as long as you can get some sort of record of it to take to the civil surgeon. After doing some research, another option could be to have your husband get a blood test done and with that, the doctor can see what vaccines he's had already. I'm going to try to get my fiance to do that. No sense in getting shots twice. That's how I look at it anyway.

2/27/13 - NOA2 approval
3/5/13 - NOA2 hard copy
4/10/13 - Medical Exam

5/21/13 - POE Orlando FL

5/30/13 - WEDDING!!!!!

7/8/13 - AOS NOA

7/29/13 - RFE dry.png

8/5/13 - Biometrics

9/4/13 - EAD Approved

9/13/13 - EAD recieved

3/14/16 - Case Received

3/19/16 - NOA Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.