Amandaman

Will having a wedding party help avoiding AP

35 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sorry Rina I just can't do it, cuz my husband created that profile and I don't know how the timeline thing works I only know how to post and to message lol, I never put the case completion date here since I don't know how to update it but will try to figure out or let hubby do it for me, my interview is March 27th Inshallah if the embassy is not closed this day cuz of shitty protests, we should keep up together as we have so close dates

waiting for more experiences and shares

Did your expedite get approved?

And it is easy to Edit Your Profile to update your timeline

click View my timeline from the Home page, click Edit/Add my entry

Click Edit Timeline

Good Luck at the interview

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Sorry Rina I just can't do it, cuz my husband created that profile and I don't know how the timeline thing works I only know how to post and to message lol, I never put the case completion date here since I don't know how to update it but will try to figure out or let hubby do it for me, my interview is March 27th Inshallah if the embassy is not closed this day cuz of shitty protests, we should keep up together as we have so close dates

waiting for more experiences and shares

Oh Ok good news :thumbs: wishing you both good luck for the upcoming Interview :thumbs:

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Timeline

Nobody said "it seems like some people never learn."

You asked, you received several answers.

Just because you don't like the answers, or because they don't comply with your personal timeline, doesn't make them any less relevant.

"Nobody" !!! did you read the post I quoted with my answer? maybe you need to read carefully before you answer, "it seems some people never learn" is an offend for me it makes anybody seems like stupid and I never felt that at any answer before, and yes I ask and get answers that's why we are all have accounts here to get answers from people who have experience or can help, and again it's not because I didn't like the answer but you can say the same thing in more nice way, and my timeline is not set yet but there is "better" and there is "best" every body seeks the best, ONLY if he can get it....so please keep talking in the topic that's more helpful

Timeline

Did your expedite get approved?

And it is easy to Edit Your Profile to update your timeline

click View my timeline from the Home page, click Edit/Add my entry

Click Edit Timeline

Good Luck at the interview

No I didn't get any expedites, I'm just living overseas with my husband, and thank you so much for your help and for your wish, will try updating it now

Timeline

Are you near all the protestors? I hope you are not and I hope you are safe and I pray for no AP and that you come home in time for that pharmacy test!!!

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Thanks for updating your timeline.

Can you please put in the approximate date you got the NOA2? This will help alot in the VJ estimates of timelines that others may follow.

Thanks

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Timeline

Are you near all the protestors? I hope you are not and I hope you are safe and I pray for no AP and that you come home in time for that pharmacy test!!!

Not very near, I'm not in Cairo, but that's what I got lol, thank you so much I really need prayers at this time to avoid AP and to get there for hubby's test

Timeline

Thanks for updating your timeline.

Can you please put in the approximate date you got the NOA2? This will help alot in the VJ estimates of timelines that others may follow.

Thanks

it was late november early december though, okay will do sweet girl :)

"Nobody" !!! did you read the post I quoted with my answer? maybe you need to read carefully before you answer, "it seems some people never learn" is an offend for me it makes anybody seems like stupid and I never felt that at any answer before, and yes I ask and get answers that's why we are all have accounts here to get answers from people who have experience or can help, and again it's not because I didn't like the answer but you can say the same thing in more nice way, and my timeline is not set yet but there is "better" and there is "best" every body seeks the best, ONLY if he can get it....so please keep talking in the topic that's more helpful

Don't you think the visa process is stressful enough without those huge chips on your shoulder (and you've got more than one) making it worse than it needs to be?

One more time:

Every intending immigrant is put through AP. All of them.

It doesn't matter where they're from or their religion. How long AP will take depends on a few things. Intending immigrants from first world countries with computerized records tend to go through it without notice.

Intending immigrants from developing countries, with stacks of records in dusty storage rooms (unless they've been burnt in a protest or during a revolution) take longer to investigate, so the AP process takes longer. Let's say the intending immigrant is from Egypt, for example, and his name is Mohamed. Well, because of his name alone, he's already in a pot with a slew of other Mohameds and the chances of a name matching his increases.

Ahmed? Same thing.

George? Not so much, just because, in the numbers game, there are fewer of them.

How long will AP take? It takes as long as the civil servant from the immigrant's country, employed by the US embassy, takes to investigate the name match, and no less.

The quickest I've ever seen anyone make it through Cairo, from interview to visa in hand was three weeks.

You may want to have your husband reschedule that test.

Timeline

Don't you think the visa process is stressful enough without those huge chips on your shoulder (and you've got more than one) making it worse than it needs to be?

One more time:

Every intending immigrant is put through AP. All of them.

It doesn't matter where they're from or their religion. How long AP will take depends on a few things. Intending immigrants from first world countries with computerized records tend to go through it without notice.

Intending immigrants from developing countries, with stacks of records in dusty storage rooms (unless they've been burnt in a protest or during a revolution) take longer to investigate, so the AP process takes longer. Let's say the intending immigrant is from Egypt, for example, and his name is Mohamed. Well, because of his name alone, he's already in a pot with a slew of other Mohameds and the chances of a name matching his increases.

Ahmed? Same thing.

George? Not so much, just because, in the numbers game, there are fewer of them.

How long will AP take? It takes as long as the civil servant from the immigrant's country, employed by the US embassy, takes to investigate the name match, and no less.

The quickest I've ever seen anyone make it through Cairo, from interview to visa in hand was three weeks.

You may want to have your husband reschedule that test.

Don't you think that every one can say what he wants to say in both ways harsh and nice, why do you have to choose the harsh way with people that you don't know and maybe that's the last time you're talking to them, that is strange and again people here started me to say "seems some people never learn" and the other one saying " nobody said it" like she didn't know what was my answer directed for and here you're saying I'm something about me being sensitive, work your mind and you'll find it wasn't nice from them to say that in the first place, again please let's concentrate on the topic cuz the last thing I need is someone trying to make it personal or leading us out of the spot, thank you for you answer though, and my husband already has another chance to take the test but it's wrong at all to try to figure out if you can avoid it.

Edited by Amandaman

Timeline

It's best not to make any firm plans prior to the visa in hand.

thank you for your answer, my plans is very flexible though. I was just trying to get help about if I can avoid AP by any way but it seems like there's no way, you have it if you have it and you don't if you don't

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

thank you for your answer, my plans is very flexible though. I was just trying to get help about if I can avoid AP by any way but it seems like there's no way, you have it if you have it and you don't if you don't

That's pretty much the case. On the VJ timeline option it can give you samples of others going through the CR-/IR-1 application process at the US Embassy in Cairo. You'll see people are getting their visas in hand anywhere from 1-2 weeks up to an average of 5-6 months. I'm really surprised at how efficient they've become with the 1-2 weeks AP/AR turn around. It used to be that 1-2 weeks was unheard of but if you look at the timeline function you'll see that many are getting their visas in that time. In the past the average has been 5-6 months of AP/AR for this Embassy with some cases waiting years. Hopefully this will not be your case.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Don't you think that every one can say what he wants to say in both ways harsh and nice, why do you have to choose the harsh way with people that you don't know and maybe that's the last time you're talking to them, that is strange and again people here started me to say "seems some people never learn" and the other one saying " nobody said it" like she didn't know what was my answer directed for and here you're saying I'm something about me being sensitive, work your mind and you'll find it wasn't nice from them to say that in the first place, again please let's concentrate on the topic cuz the last thing I need is someone trying to make it personal or leading us out of the spot, thank you for you answer though, and my husband already has another chance to take the test but it's wrong at all to try to figure out if you can avoid it.

Hmm I see how what I said before sounded mean. I actually didn't mean to direct it at you, but I am sorry for insulting you. I intended to say that there are people who plan out their entire weddings in the US before even sending in the fiance petition. They are the ones who never learn. But that sentence didn't make it into my post :bonk: . Anyway pharmacy school test can be taken several times a year. I have a friend in pharmacy school now so I know.

At least Egypt gets their AP's out of the way faster comparing to other Embassies. In Pakistan and Yemen people can wait years just on AP. I know they are doing what they feel they need to for national security purposes but I really wish they were more efficient and didn't keep us hanging in limbo forever.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.