Regan L

GOING CRAZY! Will i ever get to see my family?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have them, on occasion. Seems rare, this year, so far :(

Heck No ! No rules, regs or guidelines stating so.

darnell i typed you on your wall, please go read it.

I have them, on occasion. Seems rare, this year, so far :(

Heck No ! No rules, regs or guidelines stating so.

Ok would this be possible:

The Consular officer in the Philippines says my wife needs a DNA Test, so i go to the dna testing center and have my dna tested and sent to the embassy, during that time i send my wife and her father to guam. She will leave my daughter with her big brother. She does the POE stuff there without me there in guam and stays a week, gets the I-551 stamp, then goes back to the philippines for like 3 or 4 months, gets the DNA TEST COMPLETED, Passes her interview, gets the CRBA for our daughter, and i fly to the philippines and pick her up.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

that sounds quite logical, si man !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

that sounds quite logical, si man !

Do you know what kind of stuff happens at the point of entry? LIke will she get a stamp for sure? Will the green card arrive at my house? so when i got to pick her up, everything will be completed?

Timeline

read a few POE reviews here, soonish, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

she has 6 months , up to 6 months, to be out of the USA for ONE duration, after activating her status at the POE, before any problems.

Some people come through a POE, and leave the USA on a later plane, same day.

This activates the status, the green card is printed and mailed out to the address in the DS-230.

I suggest you study a calendar after the CRBA appointment, when you know of status on your child.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

MODS READ PLEASE ITS WAY DIFFERENT THAN MY LAST POST, IM JUST TRYING DESPERATELY TO GET SOME ANSWERS AND BE PREPARED.

My wife is going for our daughters CRBA appointment alone this month, because i cannot since i am working I want to be prepared in the event she is asked to have a DNA test. The Consular officer in the Philippines says my wife needs a DNA Test, so i go to the dna testing center and pay the fees and have my dna tested. Then the results are sent to the US embassy in Manila, during that time i send my wife and her father(for protection) to Guam for a weeks stay, since it is owned by the United States and is in US Soil she will technically be in a US territory. I was thinking She will leave my daughter with her big brother for about a week. She does the Point of entry stuff in Guam with her dad and stays a week, gets the I-551 stamp, then goes back to the Philippines for like 3 or 4 months, gets the DNA TEST COMPLETED, Passes our daughters CRBA interview, and gets the CRBA for our daughter. Then i fly to the Philippines after she receives the CRBA and i pick her and our daughter up and bring her to America.

The reason i ask is because my wife has a CR1 visa and it is going to expire in april or may and it might take time for the dna test results to get from the US AABB Accredited DNA test site to the US embassy in manila. And i while she waits to be called to St. Lukes for her our childs DNA swab, i dont want her visa to expire and have to start the process all over again.

Timeline

she has 6 months , up to 6 months, to be out of the USA for ONE duration, after activating her status at the POE, before any problems.

This activates the status, the green card is printed and mailed out to the address in the DS-230.

I suggest you study a calendar after the CRBA appointment, when you know of status on your child.

What exactly should i study about the calender? Im sorry i ask so many questions. Like i didnt understand what you mean by that, is there anywhere to get approx, wait times fro the whole dna testing part of my predicament?

also can she go back to the philippinesand stay without getting kicked out? Is she still considered a filipino and allowed to stay in her home country?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
also can she go back to the philippinesand stay without getting kicked out? Is she still considered a filipino and allowed to stay in her home country?

Of course she's still a Filipino. She doesn't give that up just by getting a greencard. It does not make her American.

Timeline

Of course she's still a Filipino. She doesn't give that up just by getting a greencard. It does not make her American.

Really, awesome! hey, can you take a quick read through of this thread and tell me if you think my lil plan is good or not?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** two topics merged. Again. ***

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

MODS READ PLEASE ITS WAY DIFFERENT THAN MY LAST POST, IM JUST TRYING DESPERATELY TO GET SOME ANSWERS AND BE PREPARED.

My wife is going for our daughters CRBA appointment alone this month, because i cannot since i am working I want to be prepared in the event she is asked to have a DNA test. The Consular officer in the Philippines says my wife needs a DNA Test, so i go to the dna testing center and pay the fees and have my dna tested. Then the results are sent to the US embassy in Manila, during that time i send my wife and her father(for protection) to Guam for a weeks stay, since it is owned by the United States and is in US Soil she will technically be in a US territory. I was thinking She will leave my daughter with her big brother for about a week. She does the Point of entry stuff in Guam with her dad and stays a week, gets the I-551 stamp, then goes back to the Philippines for like 3 or 4 months, gets the DNA TEST COMPLETED, Passes our daughters CRBA interview, and gets the CRBA for our daughter. Then i fly to the Philippines after she receives the CRBA and i pick her and our daughter up and bring her to America.

The reason i ask is because my wife has a CR1 visa and it is going to expire in april or may and it might take time for the dna test results to get from the US AABB Accredited DNA test site to the US embassy in manila. And i while she waits to be called to St. Lukes for her our childs DNA swab, i dont want her visa to expire and have to start the process all over again.

Hi, I had a friend that went through the same thing as your going through. The baby was born here and had her husbands name on the birth certificate so no problem. They looked at the baby and new it wasn't a full filipino child and approved her on the spot. They had the babies passport in 8 days. It's good to be prepared but sometimes I think we worry to much. Good luck.

Timeline

what i mean by calendar.

you have two dates that cannot shift, aye?

1. the crba appointment

2. the expiration date on the CR-1 visa.

So, make certain she hits a USA POE prior to her visa expiration, after the CRBA appointment date.

once the POE occurs, a new calendar starts - she can be OUT of the USA for 6 months.

So - pay attention to the calendar, aye? I'm sorry you not understand me the first time.

If it makes sense to print out a years calendar , a one pager, by all means do so, circling the important dates, and showing the SLIDING 6 months window.

Hey Regan...Do you have Pinoy roots? Does your kid look like a full-blooded Pinoy?

If you are puti, the consular officer is going to see that your kid is Fil-Am...and isn't going to require a DNA test.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.