The Mean Lady

February 2013 I-130 Filers

1,289 posts in this topic

I received my NOA1 on February 20, 2013 stating that it was being routed to the NBC. Since then, I have been told numerous stories about the wait time by various Tier 2 representatives. The last time I called on August 21 and was told my application had been 'touched' and sent to my local field office. I requested a service request to find out when it had been sent there because when I called in July, I had been told that it would stay at the NBC and it should not be sent to my local field office unless something was wrong with it. I was also advised that I could make an info pass request to discuss it with my local field office folk. So, had the Tier 2 submit the service request and I made an infopass appointment and went on August 28. My local field office told me that my application was still at the NBC and that it wouldn't be going to the local office unless there was a problem – they did see the service request and stated that I should have an answer by the 5th of September. However, on the 6th of September, I hadn't heard anything so I emailed and faxed my Senator to get involved. I specifically asked them to find out where my application was and what the timeline was.

This is the email my Senator received as an answer on September 11:

After a review of our systems it was found that Case MSC xx xxx xxxxx, Form I-103 filed on behalf of Leslie Hudson is currently pending.

NBC continues to receive I-130's and ship them to the field for adjudication. Based on the current volume of pending immigrant visa petitions, our current processing time for I-130's is approximately 6 months from the date of this response.

NBC will review and adjudicate I-130 Immediate Relative requests for expedite (if the file is located at the NBC.) If you request your case to be expedited the case will need meet USCIS expedite criteria. All expedite requests must be accompanied by supporting documents that demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met.

I called my Senator's office on September 16th to thank them for the answers as it is different than anything I had been told by Tier 2 reps or my local field office. However, I also wanted to advise them that the information given did not tell me anything about my case in specific, rather it told about the general processing of cases. I also asked if the 6 months mentioned was for my case (since it has already been waiting there for 7 months). Here is the answer I got:

The I-130, MSC xx xxx xxxxx is currently pending at the NBC.

The estimated processing time for I-130 petitions is an additional six months from today’s date. These delays are due to workload factors not related to your constituent’s case. If your constituent does not receive a decision or other notice of action from USCIS by that date, please contact your USCIS congressional liaison at NBC1.congressional@uscis.dhs.gov.

USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in the order received and in a timely and efficient manner. We regret any inconvenience that results from delays in processing.

So, I suppose that this isn't really anything new, other than confirmation for my own 'edification' that the USCIS portion of this process really is expected to take 13 months now...at least for those of us unlucky sods who filed in February. That said, I'm not convinced that any of them actual have any clue how long it's really going to take.

I really honestly believe there's no way it can take 13+ months to get approval. I just... I can't believe it.

(I, and many others, got that same "6 months from now" reply. So it's 6 months for all of us...? No matter the date we filed? Freaking USCIS...)

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

I'm holding onto the hope that the USCIS really doesn't know what's going on and have no more idea than anyone else. Hoping that something will come next month...tho somehow it feels like false hope. I suppose I won't actually believe anything until I'm cuddling up with my hubby when he gets here (hopefully before September 2014). crying.gif

Seriously starting to wonder if i130 is even worth the wait. May as well file for my wife to move to Canada instead, we are young & can start our lives here, but career wise - the US is the best place for both of us. Is there a process to withdraw the i130? Does anyone know ?

Married 01/11/2013

I-130 Filed: 01/25/2013

NOA-1: 01/29/2013

• 08/20/2013: Service Request Placed; Case transferred to NYC Field Office 06/11/13

• Congressman involved: 09/25/2013

• NOA-2: 09/27/2013

• NVC Received Case: 10/7/2013

• NVC Assigned Case #: 10/7/2013

• DS-261 Completed; OPT-IN E-mail Sent: 10/7/2013

• AOS (i864) Bill Paid: [$88] 10/09/2013

• IV Bill Paid: [$230] 10/27/2013

• AOS (i864) Package Sent [EP]: 10/30/2013

• DS-260 Completed & Supporting Documents Sent [EP]: 10/31/2013

• AOS (i864) Package Received by NVC: 11/13/2013

• DS-260 Package Received by NVC: 11/14/2013

• Checklisted: 11/27/2013

• Responded to checklists: 12/2/2013

• Case Completed at NVC: 12/30/2013

• Medical Exam in Toronto: 12/16/2013

• Interview in Montreal: 02/13/2014 (Approved)

• Visa in Hand: 02/19/2014

• POE in YYZ Terminal 1: 04/10/2014

• GC Received in Mail: 06/12/2014

--ROC--

I-751 Filed: 01/20/2016 (California Center)

I am not sure though hoping for Feb fillers approvals next month as I got some update on my case last month.

hellooo...Naga,,,,how r u ,,my NOA is 28/2/2013........my case is still at NBC,,,if u tell me what update u got in ur case.....? did uscis tell u anything ,,,wht date they r processing now,,,,,plzzz share with us,,,we are waiting for long,,,7 months now,,,

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

hellooo...Naga,,,,how r u ,,my NOA is 28/2/2013........my case is still at NBC,,,if u tell me what update u got in ur case.....? did uscis tell u anything ,,,wht date they r processing now,,,,,plzzz share with us,,,we are waiting for long,,,7 months now,,,

I got a mail on 26th August from USCIS stating "The I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

And as per the other forum (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/448182-i-130-transferred-to-nebraska-service-center/) I am following it seems they are working on January 2013 cases..and hence, I am expecting NOA2 in couple of weeks.

Feb 2, 13: NOA1
Oct 18, 13: NOA2
Nov 11, 13: NVC received case
Dec 2, 13: Recived case number
Dec 3, 13: Paid AOS fees
Dec 5, 13: Sent AOS documents
Dec 23, 13: Paid IV fees
Dec 24, 13:Sent IV documents
Jan 22, 14: Case completed by phone

Jan 29, 14: Case completed by Email
March 1, 14:Interview letter received

March 14,14 Bio Completed

April 2, 14: Interview Date

April 2,14: Visa Approved.

April 3,14: CEAC status changed "ISSUED".

April 7,14: CEAC status changed "Ready to Pick Up".

April 13,14: POE.

NOA1 February 26, 2013 still waiting. I called last week and they told me 2 -4 weeks. I called again this morning and a totally different answer. They cannot give me a concrete answer. I spoke with supervisor and he told me the next time tier 2 promises me something get thier name. No telling when my petition will be approved. I just wish I could just move to the Philippine s and forget this nonsense this country is putting me thru. Good luck to everyone.

hellooo,,,,how r u ,,,my noa 1 is 28/2/2013......almost similar to you,,,USCIS told me that my case is still at NBC.....they have not transfered.........where is ur case ?....do u think we will get approval in october ?? ...let me knw if u got any update...

I got a mail on 26th August from USCIS stating "The I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

And as per the other forum (http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/448182-i-130-transferred-to-nebraska-service-center/) I am following it seems they are working on January 2013 cases..and henc

whrere was ur case first ?? Do the NBC transfer all cases to local office ?? they told me my case is still at NBC .....wait till october ....

how do u know they r working on january cases......any link can u post,,,so i can see,,,,

Timeline

whrere was ur case first ?? Do the NBC transfer all cases to local office ?? they told me my case is still at NBC .....wait till october ....

how do u know they r working on january cases......any link can u post,,,so i can see,,,,

I did mentioned link in my previous post and yesterday few people got NOA2 who filed in late December and early January.

Link:http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/448182-i-130-transferred-to-nebraska-service-center/page-13

I don't know about transfer but mine got transferred and got the notification.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Well i'm not sure about others, but our case was transferred to my local office in Dallas, TX around April 02 and the Dallas office sent it back to NBC less than a week later. Once NBC got it they re logged it in the system as being sent back to Dallas on April 10 and yes I was very confused and mad, because no one could give me a strait answer when I called and I only found out the above information when I went on my infopac appointment in August. When I questioned the IO why Dallas would send the forms back when they should be adjudicating it, he couldn't really give me an answer. His best guess was it was either going to be processed at NBC or rerouted to a new field office. I never received a single notification saying that my case was transferred and it has not made any movement since. The only thing I have received was a notification of my address update (and had never been so excited in my life to see that my file was updated - only to be so disappointed in a matter of seconds because it was just an address updated).

In all honesty, I know we don't really want to accept this but all we can truly do is cross our fingers and wait.

event.png
Married 04/24/2009
I-130 Filed: 02/20/2013
NOA 1: 02/27/2013
• I-129F Filed 03/04/2013
• 07/18/2013 Emailed Congressman - First Service Request With USCIS
INFOPASS Appointment 08/06/2013 (Confirmed Case is at MSC as of 04/10/2013 after being sent back to MSC from Local Office: no explanation given)
• 08/12/2013-08/30/2013: Congressional Inquiry and Service Request response received (Standard responses on both).
• NOA 2: ?
NVC Received Case: ?
• NVC Assigned Case ?

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the replies...I was having problems navigating this thread, but now see that a lot of us are still waiting. My PD is Feb 27th....this is so incredibly frustrating because I cannot see anything online, and when I called because I was worried that something had gone wrong with my case, they told me that I was still in the system but that the online system has bugs in it that they are aware of. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Anyway, now, when I try and call to get to a Tier 2, I am always getting the message that I need to call back between 8am and 6pm, even though it is already 8:30am...I will try again in an hour. This is so irritating. I have no idea what is going on with my case and can't ever seem to get clear answers. With all the money that we pay, this is really ridiculous.

I feel the same pain as you in my process. My prioritiy date is February 26 seven long months already and no end in sight. One thing I do is call every week but I get so frustrated with the uscis because I do not get the same ANSWER. I usually call in the afternoon because it always ruins my day. One thing is when u call u can opt for a call back usually within the time frame they say. If they say 70 minutes its ususlly the time frame

Daniel L. Covitz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That approval was for VSC,

Most of us here on VJ forums have petitions pending at NBC.Thats where we are stuck.

Looks like VSC & CSC ate working.

I did mentioned link in my previous post and yesterday few people got NOA2 who filed in late December and early January.

Link:http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/448182-i-130-transferred-to-nebraska-service-center/page-13

------------------------

17 APRIL 2013 : NOA1 Priority date
27 NOV: TSC; Transfered from NBC

3 Feb : NOA2 ( 296 days)

4 March: Shipped to NVC

11 March : Received at NVC

11 April: Case # assigned

18 April: paid both fees

9May: mailed AOS & IV packages

8May: DS260 completed

16May: packets scanned in NVC system

13 June: check list : missing page 7 of i864.

25 June : scan date AOS checklist

7 Aug: Case Complete...... BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT

14 Aug: interview date assigned

16 Aug: Email interview appointment received

18 Aug: Medical completed

23 Aug: biometric done,DS260 stamped, fingerprints taken.

10 Sep: interview day; interview took 511 days from I-130 NOA1

====================================================

11. 9/17/2016: I-751 packet received by CSC

12.Check Cashed : 9/21/2016

13. NOA1: 9/23/2016

14. BIOMETRICS : 10/12/2016

---------------------------

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Also The link below is for F2A category.. Green card holders.

On this thread we are all citizens.

Interesting to know that petitions related to F2A seems to be transferred to VSC

------------------------

17 APRIL 2013 : NOA1 Priority date
27 NOV: TSC; Transfered from NBC

3 Feb : NOA2 ( 296 days)

4 March: Shipped to NVC

11 March : Received at NVC

11 April: Case # assigned

18 April: paid both fees

9May: mailed AOS & IV packages

8May: DS260 completed

16May: packets scanned in NVC system

13 June: check list : missing page 7 of i864.

25 June : scan date AOS checklist

7 Aug: Case Complete...... BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT

14 Aug: interview date assigned

16 Aug: Email interview appointment received

18 Aug: Medical completed

23 Aug: biometric done,DS260 stamped, fingerprints taken.

10 Sep: interview day; interview took 511 days from I-130 NOA1

====================================================

11. 9/17/2016: I-751 packet received by CSC

12.Check Cashed : 9/21/2016

13. NOA1: 9/23/2016

14. BIOMETRICS : 10/12/2016

---------------------------

Timeline

Also The link below is for F2A category.. Green card holders.

On this thread we are all citizens.

Interesting to know that petitions related to F2A seems to be transferred to VSC

In that case citizens will get priority and since F2A is getting approval so fast you can also expect quick approval for feb fillers (Citizens).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.