Andreea&Kevin

Would you pay expedite fee?

78 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay to expedite your case?

• No, they got enough money
    • Any amount, just get my loved one here

47 posts in this topic

I can always make more money. I can never replace the time I am losing with my wife! I would pay what ever it took took. The only limitation would be the type of payment they would accept.

Master Card, Visa, American Express and Pay Pal :whistle:

Filed: Timeline

Most ppl would pay it so the expedite process would then become as long as the regular wait so in the end it wouldn't be worth it.

If done right this would not happen. They should not use the fee to just put you in front of others. They should hire new stuff with the expedite fee. If the expedite fee were $5000 it is more than 10 times the actual costs. So this would benefit also the people in the regular processing.

If done right this would not happen. They should not use the fee to just put you in front of others. They should hire new stuff with the expedite fee. If the expedite fee were $5000 it is more than 10 times the actual costs. So this would benefit also the people in the regular processing.

Well, considering the poverty line is below $19,000 for just 1 person and their beneficiary spouse, they will not be able to afford to expedite. Which, to be honest, I am surprised of the amount of people who would not qualify without co-sponsorship on this site alone. With that in mind, I think a expedite fee of about $5000 would keep the line pretty small.

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Who wouldn't! :)))

September 5th, 2010: Met
July 26th 2012: Engaged
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I-129F Sent: December 14th, 2012
December 18th 2012: I-129f received at dallas po box
DECEMBER 20th: NOA1 (only found out once hardcopy came in the mail)
December 21st, 2012: Check cashed
Dec 27, 2012: Fiances alien registration number was changed. Proven.
December 29th 2012: Received Noa1 Hard-copy(no txt or email was sent)
Jan. 10th 2013: Happy birthday to my Sweety, first birthday apart in years!
January 15 2013: "mailing adress was changed" (touched?)
May-20-2013 NOA2!!! Exactly 5 months!
May-23-2013 Noa2 hard copy recieved!
June-05-2013 Called NVC, casre recieved, forwared to Ankara

June-10-2013-Ankara revieved packet! *signed by MEHMET* THANKS MEHMET!

June-10-2013-Recieve NVC letter
June-13-2013 Email(Packet) recieved from embassy!!
00-00-2013 Sent packet back to embassy
00-00-13 Interview date set (00-00-13 INTERVIEW,)
00-00-2013 Medical
00-00-2013 Interview(...........!)
00-00-2013 Visa Approved
00-00-2013 US Entry

NEXT STEPS IN US....
00-00-13 Wedding
00-00-13 SSN
00-00-13 AOS packet sent out
event.png event.png <p>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am convinced this is an intentional delay. The workload is the same they are just taking several months to do the work. Essentially they are just 6,7,8 months behind on the work they are required to do. Expedites is the entire problem. There are people getting their K1's from application to interview in less than a month. If everyone had to wait the same and expedites were eliminated the "important people" would make sure the process got changed so it would be quick for everyone. This process is severely flawed if the wait times and requirements were actually preventing fraud then it would be worth it, but there will never do the things that would actually reduce fraud. Instead we wait in a queue for someone to do about 20 minutes of work when actually this should have been done the day after they got the application. What is there to do? we cant actually go to their competition for faster service.

There are people getting their visas faster but they are not the type of people that read and post on groups online. I wished I had done me homework a little better and educated myself a little more. I am not a wealthy person but there is many things more important than money. A judge or government agency in charge of family decisions and they make these decisions like they are ordering lunch and with no compassion I don't know how those people sleep at night worrying about the decisions they make.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am convinced this is an intentional delay. The workload is the same they are just taking several months to do the work. Essentially they are just 6,7,8 months behind on the work they are required to do. Expedites is the entire problem. There are people getting their K1's from application to interview in less than a month. If everyone had to wait the same and expedites were eliminated the "important people" would make sure the process got changed so it would be quick for everyone. This process is severely flawed if the wait times and requirements were actually preventing fraud then it would be worth it, but there will never do the things that would actually reduce fraud. Instead we wait in a queue for someone to do about 20 minutes of work when actually this should have been done the day after they got the application. What is there to do? we cant actually go to their competition for faster service.

There are people getting their visas faster but they are not the type of people that read and post on groups online. I wished I had done me homework a little better and educated myself a little more. I am not a wealthy person but there is many things more important than money. A judge or government agency in charge of family decisions and they make these decisions like they are ordering lunch and with no compassion I don't know how those people sleep at night worrying about the decisions they make.

Very good point. I liked this.

September 5th, 2010: Met
July 26th 2012: Engaged
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I-129F Sent: December 14th, 2012
December 18th 2012: I-129f received at dallas po box
DECEMBER 20th: NOA1 (only found out once hardcopy came in the mail)
December 21st, 2012: Check cashed
Dec 27, 2012: Fiances alien registration number was changed. Proven.
December 29th 2012: Received Noa1 Hard-copy(no txt or email was sent)
Jan. 10th 2013: Happy birthday to my Sweety, first birthday apart in years!
January 15 2013: "mailing adress was changed" (touched?)
May-20-2013 NOA2!!! Exactly 5 months!
May-23-2013 Noa2 hard copy recieved!
June-05-2013 Called NVC, casre recieved, forwared to Ankara

June-10-2013-Ankara revieved packet! *signed by MEHMET* THANKS MEHMET!

June-10-2013-Recieve NVC letter
June-13-2013 Email(Packet) recieved from embassy!!
00-00-2013 Sent packet back to embassy
00-00-13 Interview date set (00-00-13 INTERVIEW,)
00-00-2013 Medical
00-00-2013 Interview(...........!)
00-00-2013 Visa Approved
00-00-2013 US Entry

NEXT STEPS IN US....
00-00-13 Wedding
00-00-13 SSN
00-00-13 AOS packet sent out
event.png event.png <p>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Well, considering the poverty line is below $19,000 for just 1 person and their beneficiary spouse, they will not be able to afford to expedite. Which, to be honest, I am surprised of the amount of people who would not qualify without co-sponsorship on this site alone. With that in mind, I think a expedite fee of about $5000 would keep the line pretty small.

I don't know why that is surprising, people like me who are stay at home mothers and live in the foreign country with our spouse find it difficult to meet the requirements. If my day's house would ever sell and it could clear probate, we would be fine....but for now we don't have any other options.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I have to agree with Nola. Our cases are different but we need a co-sponsor as well, my fiance did not get the education I did and his job brings in 3.5k under the required amount. Honestly, I am pretty much expecting to be the one making more money and taking care of things and if I could use my savings to show them we are fine and I wont become public charge I would but they only take into consideration one person (for k1s anyways) so that could be a factor as well.

What I find odd is that they assume the foreigner is moving to another country without a dollar, a year into our relationship we knew we wanted to get married eventually and I started saving up money so its not just him with all the "financial burden" for wedding and what not since my parents are non-existent in terms of any help. sorry :ot2:

Faster processing for a fee would be great. Possible ? Probably not, which is why they got rid of it in the first place.

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Lol my fiance would always tell me how he wish there's an option where he can pay the USCIS more so they will process our application fast.

K1 VISA
I-129F Sent: 2012-10-25
I-129F NOA1: 2012-10-29
I-129F RFE 1st Email notice: 2013-04-24
I-129F RFE 2nd Email notice: 2013-04-29
I-129F RFE 3rd Email and text notice: 2013-05-09 (saying we have an RFE on 2013-04-24 again, LOL!!)

I-129F RFE 4th Email notice: 2013-05-23

I-129F NOA2: 2012-06-07

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

We would definitely pay an expedite fee and would also pay an additional fee for me not to be subjected to the annual F2A quota.

My F2A/IR-1 journey:

USCIS:
4 August 2011: I-130 sent (while husband permanent resident)
8 August 2011: Priority date
16 April 2013: NOA2

NVC:

7 May 2013: Case number received, DS-3032 sent

15 May 2013: AOS bill received and paid

16 May 2013: AOS package sent

17 May 2013: DS-3032 accepted

20 May 2013: IV bill received and paid

21 May 2013: IV package sent

11 June 2013: response to IV checklist sent

13 June 2013: Case upgraded to CR1

2 July 2013: Case completed

28 August 2013: Interview - approved!

21 September 2013: POE

18 November 2013: Green card received

My husband's citizenship journey:

8 February 2013: N-400 sent
4 March 2013: Biometrics
24 April 2013: Interview
12 June 2013: Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Unless the fee was truly astronomical (and I hate to be unromantic, but if it was I'd have to live in the real world and pass on it) I suspect a lot of people would pay more money, which would result in the expedited service slowing down and not being very different to how things are now. This could be detrimental generally - continued slow service but higher fees - lose/lose?

There's that smell again...

Unless the fee was truly astronomical (and I hate to be unromantic, but if it was I'd have to live in the real world and pass on it) I suspect a lot of people would pay more money, which would result in the expedited service slowing down and not being very different to how things are now. This could be detrimental generally - continued slow service but higher fees - lose/lose?

It would have to be some staggered fee with a decision time guarantee. eg. $1000 one month, $5000 one week. Like most countries have for their visa process. The more you pay, the faster you get it up to same day service.

Of course it is intentional delay to discourage people from filing. The work load will not accumulate for them endlessly. At some point the wait will become so long that very few people will bother filing and chose different ways.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.