Mrs D.

N-400 February 2013 Filers

1,139 posts in this topic

I went for my interview today, got there 30 minutes before my appointment time and the officer called me in 5 minuted before my time. He was very pleasant and put me at ease. When he asked about citations I told him about some traffic tickets which I'd paid and was about to pull out the record from the court and he said "No need for those, I believe you. He went through my form and had me sign my photographs then had me read aloud "Who can Vote?" and then write "Citizens can vote" then went to the questions they were:

1. Which group of people were brought to the US as slaves?

2. Which is the highest court in the land?

3. How many amendments to the constitution?

4. Give one reason the colonists fought the British? (I said boarding and quartering and he said I was the first person ever to give him that answer :)

5. Who is the vice president?

6. Who makes federal laws?

He had already signed my form as approved before I took the test and said "I expect you to pass!" Glad I didn't fail him. then he put my approval in the computer and said I would get an Oath Ceremony letter in the mail. He mentioned there will be a ceremony in my hometown at the end of May and then again in June, so I'm hoping for one of those so I don't have to go to Memphis again.

Calypso, I'm very glad to hear your news :)

N400 Mailed: 02/15/2013
Check Cashed: 02/25/2013
NOA: 02/26/2013
Biometrics: 03/11/2013

Interview: 04/30/2013 - Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went for my interview today, got there 30 minutes before my appointment time and the officer called me in 5 minuted before my time. He was very pleasant and put me at ease. When he asked about citations I told him about some traffic tickets which I'd paid and was about to pull out the record from the court and he said "No need for those, I believe you. He went through my form and had me sign my photographs then had me read aloud "Who can Vote?" and then write "Citizens can vote" then went to the questions they were:

4. Give one reason the colonists fought the British? (I said boarding and quartering and he said I was the first person ever to give him that answer :)

He had already signed my form as approved before I took the test and said "I expect you to pass!" Glad I didn't fail him. then he put my approval in the computer and said I would get an Oath Ceremony letter in the mail. He mentioned there will be a ceremony in my hometown at the end of May and then again in June, so I'm hoping for one of those so I don't have to go to Memphis again.

Calypso, I'm very glad to hear your news :)

Congrats!! :dance:

N-400 Timeline

02/14/13 - Mailed N-400 to Phoenix Lockbox
02/20/13 - Arrived at Phoenix Lockbox (not happy with USPS)
02/25/13 - Check Cashed
02/25/13 - Received electronic NOA by text message & email
02/27/13 - Received hard copy NOA dated 02/22/13
02/27/13 - Biometrics letter in the mail per USCIS website
03/01/13 - Received biometrics letter
03/18/13 - Biometrics
03/20/13 - Received text and e-mail: in line for interview
03/22/13 - Received text and e-mail: interview has been scheduled
03/25/13 - Received interview letter
04/30/13 - Interview (Approved)
05/01/13 - Received text and e-mail: in oath scheduling que
06/16/13 - Received oath ceremony letter
07/15/13 - Oath ceremony
07/15/13 - I am a US citizen!!!

Congrats, hopefully i will see an update soon as well

Thanks. Hopefully yours is also on the way. It's so unpredictable. I was in line for a really long time and then they scheduled the interview. A January filer named TOT whose field office is also in LA didn't hear after his/her biometrics on 2/22. He/She was placed in line on 4/18 and then received his/her interview letter on 4/27.

Yay!! Congrats! kicking.gif

Yay! That is good news. smile.png

Thank you! I downloaded the study guide app two months ago but haven't opened it since then. Now I probably have a month to crank out memorizing stuff.

4. Give one reason the colonists fought the British? (I said boarding and quartering and he said I was the first person ever to give him that answer smile.png

Calypso, I'm very glad to hear your news smile.png

Thanks. Congratulations to you! Did the IO ask for any other evidence or document?

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

4. Give one reason the colonists fought the British? (I said boarding and quartering and he said I was the first person ever to give him that answer smile.png

Happy to hear you are done with your interview and that you passed. :)

pkyxguryrufud.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

I passed my interview!!! The hard part is over. kicking.gif

The officer brought me back, had me swear to tell the truth and then had me take a seat. She asked for my green card, my photo ID and my most current passport. She then went over the questions on my application. She had me sign on one line and then print and sign my name on another line. I then had my English test. I had to read "Who lives in the White House?" and had to write "The President lives in the White House". She then began the civics test. I got all 6 questions right.

1. What is one promise you make when you become a US citizen?

2. Who is the governer of your state?

3. What movement tried to end racial discrimination?

4. Where is the Statue of Liberty located?

5. Name 2 US holidays.

6. Who was the first US president?

She congratulated me on passing the exam and has recommended me for approval. Normally Omaha does same day oath ceremonies, but the person that does the certificates is out of the office this week, so I will be sent a letter letting me know when my oath ceremony will be. I am a little bummed that I didn't get a same day oath, but the officer did say that they are planning some special oath ceremonies this summer, so that is kind of exciting!!

The officer was very nice and polite. She asked about my kids and mentioned that she has a granddaughter that is the same age as my oldest son. The total time of my interview was 10-15 minutes! Now to breath a sigh of relief and wait for my oath letter. smile.png

ETA: I just looked at my ticker and it has been 2 months, 2 weeks & 2 days since I submitted my application! That is kind of a neat timeframe. smile.png

Congratulations! It sounds like your interview was very similar to my husband's - same English test, same questions.

I hope you get your oath ceremony letter soon!

My F2A/IR-1 journey:

USCIS:
4 August 2011: I-130 sent (while husband permanent resident)
8 August 2011: Priority date
16 April 2013: NOA2

NVC:

7 May 2013: Case number received, DS-3032 sent

15 May 2013: AOS bill received and paid

16 May 2013: AOS package sent

17 May 2013: DS-3032 accepted

20 May 2013: IV bill received and paid

21 May 2013: IV package sent

11 June 2013: response to IV checklist sent

13 June 2013: Case upgraded to CR1

2 July 2013: Case completed

28 August 2013: Interview - approved!

21 September 2013: POE

18 November 2013: Green card received

My husband's citizenship journey:

8 February 2013: N-400 sent
4 March 2013: Biometrics
24 April 2013: Interview
12 June 2013: Oath ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Congratulations!

My F2A/IR-1 journey:

USCIS:
4 August 2011: I-130 sent (while husband permanent resident)
8 August 2011: Priority date
16 April 2013: NOA2

NVC:

7 May 2013: Case number received, DS-3032 sent

15 May 2013: AOS bill received and paid

16 May 2013: AOS package sent

17 May 2013: DS-3032 accepted

20 May 2013: IV bill received and paid

21 May 2013: IV package sent

11 June 2013: response to IV checklist sent

13 June 2013: Case upgraded to CR1

2 July 2013: Case completed

28 August 2013: Interview - approved!

21 September 2013: POE

18 November 2013: Green card received

My husband's citizenship journey:

8 February 2013: N-400 sent
4 March 2013: Biometrics
24 April 2013: Interview
12 June 2013: Oath ceremony

Thanks. Hopefully yours is also on the way. It's so unpredictable. I was in line for a really long time and then they scheduled the interview. A January filer named TOT whose field office is also in LA didn't hear after his/her biometrics on 2/22. He/She was placed in line on 4/18 and then received his/her interview letter on 4/27.

Thank you! I downloaded the study guide app two months ago but haven't opened it since then. Now I probably have a month to crank out memorizing stuff.

Thanks. Congratulations to you! Did the IO ask for any other evidence or document?

All he asked for was my greencard, passport and Drivers license

After being in line for exactly one month and 15 days, protest6wz.gif I received a text message from USCIS at 9 o'clock last night so I checked my case status online.

"On April 29, 2013, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was scheduled for interview."

I'm expecting my interview letter before Wednesday next week. It should arrive sooner though. biggrin.png

Congratulations Calypso!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Just received email and text, that i have been scheduled for interview. Will update once i receive the letter.

I-129/K1 process

1/18/09 - Sent I-129 to CSC

1/20/09 - NOA1

1/23/09 - touch

1/24/09 - NOA1 recieved (hard copy)

4/20/09- NOA2

08/18/09- Interview (Passed)

01/22/10 POE

01/26/10 Wedding

AOS

02/17/10 Sent AOS forms

02/26/10 Received NOA1 in mail

03/08/10 Received BIO letter

03/09/10 Biometric walk in (original appt date 03/23)

03/11/10 RFE received for I693- for medical

03/24/10 RFE response received and case processing resumed

04/22/10 received interview letter

04/24/10 AP & EAD approved

04/30/10 Received AP in mail

05/03/10 Received EAD in mail

05/20/10 AOS interview - APPROVED

Just received email and text, that i have been scheduled for interview. Will update once i receive the letter.

That is so cool! We might have the same oath date if our interviews are only a few days or hours apart.

Congratulations for being scheduled!

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello everyone :) First of all congrats to all the new US citizens!!!! I am happy for all of you and I did read all of your stories!!

I have a question. I understand I need to know my SSN but do I need to know my husband's SSN also? What about my Alien Number, do I need to know that one also ? Thank you so much and good luck to everyone!!

Timeline

Hello everyone smile.png First of all congrats to all the new US citizens!!!! I am happy for all of you and I did read all of your stories!!

I have a question. I understand I need to know my SSN but do I need to know my husband's SSN also? What about my Alien Number, do I need to know that one also ? Thank you so much and good luck to everyone!!

No, only your own. And you can even ask to look at it if you have it with you.

No you don't need to know your A number.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Just received text and email that I am in the oath scheduling que!! :dance:

I love how quickly the Omaha office works. :)

N-400 Timeline

02/14/13 - Mailed N-400 to Phoenix Lockbox
02/20/13 - Arrived at Phoenix Lockbox (not happy with USPS)
02/25/13 - Check Cashed
02/25/13 - Received electronic NOA by text message & email
02/27/13 - Received hard copy NOA dated 02/22/13
02/27/13 - Biometrics letter in the mail per USCIS website
03/01/13 - Received biometrics letter
03/18/13 - Biometrics
03/20/13 - Received text and e-mail: in line for interview
03/22/13 - Received text and e-mail: interview has been scheduled
03/25/13 - Received interview letter
04/30/13 - Interview (Approved)
05/01/13 - Received text and e-mail: in oath scheduling que
06/16/13 - Received oath ceremony letter
07/15/13 - Oath ceremony
07/15/13 - I am a US citizen!!!

Just received text and email that I am in the oath scheduling que!! kicking.gif

I love how quickly the Omaha office works. smile.png

Congrats! smile.png Hope the Memphis office moves quickly too tongue.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.