Saylin

NVC Filers - February 2013

1,670 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi, I have a quick question as I'm filling the IV form.

In the part I biographic data, for question 33 List all educational institutions attended.

Are you supposed to go all the way back to kindergarten? :blink:

I cannot find any instructions for this form. Thank you!

CR-1 Spouse Visa, Filled abroad (I am the Beneficiary / Applicant)

2012 USCIS (MSC)

October 15: I-130 NOA1

December 15: NOA2

2013 NVC (BRS) Case number received 5 weeks after NOA2 - DS-3032
February 25: AOS and IV delivered to NVC

March 13: Case complete
April 3: Interview - Visa approved - USCIS Immigrant Fee paid

May: POE (Dallas Fort Worth Airport)

2015 REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 18: NOA I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

March 18: Biometrics appointment

August 17: approved

I wouldn't delay the interview, you never know what can happen to delay having your visa in your hands. The visa is valid for six months and so you've got time after you have the visa in order to make travel arrangements and everything.

Oh, definitely, I am only trying to delay it by a couple of weeks though so I think I will be ok. Gives me time to get my medical and buy some plane tickets and get the time off work is all :)

Thats a few months of waiting, eh?

Auckland seems to be quite quick on assigning interviews. If only NZ Post would take a lesson or two!

NZ Post are the bane of my existence, couldn't deliver or send anything on time if their lives depended on it. I would take USPS over them any day.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

In the part I biographic data, for question 33 List all educational institutions attended.

When I asked this question, I was told to only go as far back as high school.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

When I asked this question, I was told to only go as far back as high school.

OK, thank you!

I have another question, for questions 30. Places you have lived for at least 6 months.

Does it mean 6 months consecutively or 6 months total?

I'm wondering if I should include the US since I traveled there several times (as a tourist) and if I add up all my travels, it's more than 6 months.

CR-1 Spouse Visa, Filled abroad (I am the Beneficiary / Applicant)

2012 USCIS (MSC)

October 15: I-130 NOA1

December 15: NOA2

2013 NVC (BRS) Case number received 5 weeks after NOA2 - DS-3032
February 25: AOS and IV delivered to NVC

March 13: Case complete
April 3: Interview - Visa approved - USCIS Immigrant Fee paid

May: POE (Dallas Fort Worth Airport)

2015 REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 18: NOA I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

March 18: Biometrics appointment

August 17: approved

OK, thank you!

I have another question, for questions 30. Places you have lived for at least 6 months.

I'm wondering if I should include the US since I traveled there several times (as a tourist) and if I add up all my travels, it's more than 6 months.

I think it means 6 months consecutively! :) xxx

06/07/08 .. Met while working through Camp America programme in Maryland.

06/02/12 .. Got Married in Inverness, Scotland.

USCIS:

10/11/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/17/12 .. NOA1 date

12/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Baltimore)

02/05/13 .. NOA2 date

NVC:

02/11/13 .. NVC receives case

02/28/13 .. Case number assigned

03/01/13 .. DS-3032 Emailed

03/04/13 .. DS-3032 Accepted

03/04/13 .. AOS bill paid

03/08/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

03/05/13 .. IV bill paid

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/06/13 .. IV Package Mailed

03/09/13 .. AOS Package Mailed

03/27/13 .. AOS packet accepted

04/11/13 .. IV packet accepted

04/11/13 .. Case Complete

The answer depends. If you give over both email addresses when the case number is assigned, then you'd receive the letter by email within a few days. If you don't give over email addresses, then expect to receive the letter by snail mail a few weeks later. Up to you how soon you get it (and how) ;)

Haha, definitely email, email, email!

Hey, Silly questions I'm sure but you can never be too careful....

When hubby sends his AOS package....does that include the form and documents from our Joint Sponsor (his mom) as well? And would we just have one cover letter stating what the package includes? (The more I'm typing, the more I'm thinkhing duuuh - but I'll check just to be sure)

06/07/08 .. Met while working through Camp America programme in Maryland.

06/02/12 .. Got Married in Inverness, Scotland.

USCIS:

10/11/12 .. I-130 Sent

10/17/12 .. NOA1 date

12/20/12 .. File was transferred to my "local field office" (Baltimore)

02/05/13 .. NOA2 date

NVC:

02/11/13 .. NVC receives case

02/28/13 .. Case number assigned

03/01/13 .. DS-3032 Emailed

03/04/13 .. DS-3032 Accepted

03/04/13 .. AOS bill paid

03/08/13 .. AOS bill shown PAID

03/05/13 .. IV bill paid

03/06/13 .. IV bill shown PAID

03/06/13 .. IV Package Mailed

03/09/13 .. AOS Package Mailed

03/27/13 .. AOS packet accepted

04/11/13 .. IV packet accepted

04/11/13 .. Case Complete

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

Oh, forgot to answer that part in your previous comment. I combined all my package files into one PDF file and sent that by email.

I wonder how large the I-864 package would be, did you (anyone) have any trouble combine the files? And in what order? Cover sheet first then I-864 form and then tax files? What else is needed? Is there anywhere a template of completed I-864 package? Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I wonder how large the I-864 package would be, did you (anyone) have any trouble combine the files? And in what order? Cover sheet first then I-864 form and then tax files? What else is needed? Is there anywhere a template of completed I-864 package? Thanks!

Hi Grace2013!

We just assembled our I-864 package over the weekend.

About scanning, well the file should not be larger than 10MB. This link is REALLY helpful (THANKS, SAYLIN!!!):

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_for_Montreal_Beneficiaries_%E2%80%93_Electronic_Processing_and_New_Online_Forms

Actually we adjusted the dpi when we scanned the documents, since the first time we had a 14MB doc, so you have to play a little bit with your scanner settings to find a resolution that looks clear and at the same time is not too heavy when you save it.

We sent the docs in this order :

-We placed first the cover sheet (from the payment portal)

-We made a sort of an Index (Or table of contents) with all the items we were sending out -We used a joint sponsor-,

-I-864 form signed and date by the US citizen

-2011 Tax transcript

-2010 Tax transcript

-2009 Tax transcript

-Employment Letter

-The most recent Pay stubs

-U.S. citizen Passport (bio page)//Green Card -both sides-

Then we listed the Joint Sponsor items

-I-864 form signed and date by joint sponsor

-2011 Tax transcript

-2010 Tax transcript

-2009 Tax transcript

-Employment Letter

-U.S. citizen Passport (bio page)/Green Card -both sides-

If you have Adobe Acrobat (the full version, not Adobe Reader)it's really easy to merge the files!

We didn't have the software so we scanned every single page manually in 1 single PDF file (Yup, it took like an hour to be done, but it was the only option we had): We organized ALL the docs first, then we printed the cover sheet (from payment portal)and the Index......then SCANNING, SCANNING, SCANNING from cover sheet till the last page!

Fortunately my cousin has Adobe Acrobat and she let me use her laptop to merge my PDF files for IV package and I can say that it's SUPER EASY! So, I am just waiting for the IV fee to get invoiced and shown as PAID :clock: ...then I will add the cover sheet and email my package!

I hope some of this info helped you somehow, if you have any question let me know Ok?

Greetings!!!

Edited by sunflower123

ArXsm6.png

Wedding: April 19th 2012

USCIS (226 days)

NOA1: June 4th 2012

NOA2: January 16th 2013 (226 days after NOA1)

NOA2 hardcopy: January 19th 2013

NVC

Case received 01/21/2013

Case number,IIN and Beneficiary ID 02/05/2013

Case complete 03/20/2013

Medical exam 05/09/2013

Interview 05/13/2013-APPROVED

Received passport with visa 05/16/2013
POE 05/22/2013

ROC

I-751 sent 02/27/2015

NOA 03/03/2015
Biometrics 04/10/2015

Approval: 09/17/2015

GC in mail: 09/26/2015

Case must have completed at NVC as I got an email with my interview date today. Quite pleased, all went very smooth and quickly, no RFEs. Interview is set for March 7th, which unfortunately is too soon (flights at such short notice would be expensive, and getting time off work would be complicated) so I'll have to reschedule with the Consulate. Happy though!

Grats on the progress! kicking.gif Really quick interview though laughing.gif

Hey, Silly questions I'm sure but you can never be too careful....

When hubby sends his AOS package....does that include the form and documents from our Joint Sponsor (his mom) as well? And would we just have one cover letter stating what the package includes? (The more I'm typing, the more I'm thinkhing duuuh - but I'll check just to be sure)

Yes, the AOS package includes the petitioner's documents as well as the co-sponsors. Yes, just one cover letter is needed.

Saylin, I'm going to direct my question to you since you know a lil bit of my background :)

Now that the AOS & IV packages are emailed out, I can't help but wonder maybe we should have included some evidence of bonafide marriage and take the rest to the interview. we didn't include much evidence with the petition to begin with and the clerk at my attorney's office said it's not needed at this stage either, I know you have told me that Montreal is an easy consulate and that canadian beneficiaries don't need much evidence, but do you think that I would be okay with taking everything to the interview? even though they're not going to see anything on file prior to that?

Sometimes I feel like I over think this whole process but I just can't help it :wacko:

ps, anyone else that knows or is familiar with canadian cases plz enlighten me

For Canadians, unless your case has multiple red flags, sending evidence at the NVC stage is not needed, whatsoever. And even when you bring it to the evidence, there's like a 95% chance you will NOT be asked to present any of it. The interview honestly lasts 5 minutes or less. It'll be the easiest part of this entire process for you as Montreal is that easy.

Thank you NVC with the email ping that I have Case complete and we are waiting for an interview.

Well 1 week later. And they wonder why we call. LOL ;)

And this is why I ALWAYS suggest calling instead of just waiting for correspondence from NVC as it can be severely delayed at times.

Just start from high school and continue from there. No kindergarten/elementary school.

OK, thank you!

Read the question again. It says places you've LIVED. It does NOT mean places you've VISITED. Being a tourist in the US does not mean you LIVED there. Do NOT include any time spent in the US unless you were on an immigrant visa and actually living there.

Mine ended up being around 30 pages I think and well over the recommended file limit. Thankfully, Adobe had an option of 'Reduce File Size', which made my file go from 20MB down to 8. This was the order for my AOS package:

-Bar-coded cover sheet from payment portal

-Cover letter

-I-864 form

-IRS tax transcripts (2010, 2009, 2008)

-employment letter

-14 most recent pay stubs (looking back, I would have included less pay stubs laughing.gif)

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

Hi Grace2013!

We just assembled our I-864 package over the weekend.

About scanning, well the file should not be larger than 10MB. This link is REALLY helpful (THANKS, SAYLIN!!!):

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_for_Montreal_Beneficiaries_%E2%80%93_Electronic_Processing_and_New_Online_Forms

Actually we adjusted the dpi when we scanned the documents, since the first time we had a 14MB doc, so you have to play a little bit with your scanner settings to find a resolution that looks clear and at the same time is not too heavy when you save it.

We sent the docs in this order :

-We placed first the cover sheet (from the payment portal)

-We made a sort of an Index (Or table of contents) with all the items we were sending out -We used a joint sponsor-,

-I-864 form signed and date by the US citizen

-2011 Tax transcript

-2010 Tax transcript

-2009 Tax transcript

-Employment Letter

-U.S. citizen Passport (bio page)//Green Card -both sides-

Then we listed the Joint Sponsor items

-I-864 form signed and date by joint sponsor

-2011 Tax transcript

-2010 Tax transcript

-2009 Tax transcript

-Employment Letter

-U.S. citizen Passport (bio page)/Green Card -both sides-

If you have Adobe Acrobat (the full version, not Adobe Reader)it's really easy to merge the files!

We didn't have the software so we scanned every single page manually in 1 single PDF file (Yup, it took like an hour to be done, but it was the only option we had): We organized ALL the docs first, then we printed the cover sheet (from payment portal)and the Index......then SCANNING, SCANNING, SCANNING from cover sheet till the last page!

Fortunately my cousin has Adobe Acrobat and she let me use her laptop to merge my PDF files for IV package and I can say that it's SUPER EASY! So, I am just waiting for the IV fee to get invoiced and shown as PAID :clock: ...then I will add the cover sheet and email my package!

I hope some of this info helped you somehow, if you have any question let me know Ok?

Greetings!!!

Thank you so much sunflower123! It surely helps a lot! I'm gonna follow your way! :thumbs:

We are part of the DS-261 VJ community, but i guess we will send in the DS 3032 template in again just to be safe yes.gif thanks for the help....

Why not send it a second time? Follow the tip in the second post for it to get it approved this week ;)

66q0oywdx8r.png

We are part of the DS-261 VJ community, but i guess we will send in the DS 3032 template in again just to be safe yes.gif thanks for the help....

What country are you from? timeline.gif

What does it say next to the DS-261 when you log into the online forms portal? Like, what's the status say?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iceland
Timeline

Question:

My mom is the joint sponsor for us as I have been a stay at home mom the last year.

We are sending all of her tax returns from the past three years, with the w-2s.

Do I need to include a letter of employment? I only ask because she's only employed through September and I don't want that to come back and bite us in the butt. She will have a job somewhere else by then, it's just she doesn't know where because the application cycles for most universities only just ended.

Thanks!

Alissa (USC) married to Orri (Iceland)
Married 12-30-2011
Currently waiting in Iceland for visa approval
06/13/2012: I-130 filed
06/15/2012: USPS Confirms Delivery
06/20/2012: G1145 Email Received
06/18/2012: NOA1 Date
08/21/2012: NOA2 - Approved
09/14/2012: AOS Invoice Date
10/05/2012: AOS Marked as PAID
10/17/2012: IV Invoice Date
02/12/2013: IV Bill marked as PAID
02/13/2013: AOS Package Sent

02/28/2013: AOS Package Accepted
02/13/2013: IV Package Sent
03/06/2013: IV Package Accepted
03/06/2013: Case Completed

03/14/2013: Consulate Received Case
03/07/2013: Interview Scheduled
03/08/2013: Medical Examination
04/10/2013: Interview, Reykjavík Embassy - APPROVED!
04/13/2013: Visa Received

04/27/2013 - Immigrant Visa Fee paid
05/02/2013: POE- Denver
XX/XX/2013: Welcome Letter Received
XX/XX/2013: Green Card Received
Petition Approval Time: 68 Days
Time between USCIS and NVC: 25 Days
Total Start-to-Finish Time: 322 days

We are interviewing in Athens

when i logged into the portal it says

CHOICE OF ADDRESS AND AGENT (DS-261) Completed

What country are you from? timeline.gif

What does it say next to the DS-261 when you log into the online forms portal? Like, what's the status say?

66q0oywdx8r.png

We are interviewing in Athens

when i logged into the portal it says

CHOICE OF ADDRESS AND AGENT (DS-261) Completed

Hmm, that sounds right. You should try calling up NVC and requesting to speak with a supervisor, and explain the situation to them. Perhaps they can help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.