ainsn

Does my I-130 have enough evidence?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

guide2 ? guide2 is for AOS inside the USA.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Yeah, I thought about it, but decided not to include photos (for religious reasons) unless they request them.

Did you type up an explanation of that and include it (signed and dated) in the packet?

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Hi VJ Family,

As of 04 February 2013, my husband received the NOA1 via post with 28 January 2013 as priority date indicated in the NOA1.

I'd been going over other member's comments and experiences when I ran across this letter from the husband petitioner, which should contain how we met each other, how we started the relationship and our plans in the future. Would it make a difference if we were'nt able to include one? We submitted few copies of our conversations daily via skype, CDFF, viber and international phone calls though as evidence of our ongoing marital relationship. Is it possible to show that letter as soon as we get to the interview?

Kindly advise. We appreciate all comments.

Best regards, B&B

guide2 ? guide2 is for AOS inside the USA.

Good question Darnell. From the info, I thought she is coming back and appy for her husband from here. That what I felt from her second response.

You can send in copies of your boarding passes and flight itineraries of you and your husband going to where you got married and also to when you finally moved in together... if you still have them. I also put in a copy of our wedding venue supplier's contract.

And yeah, I put in a lot of reasons. Why can't you send them, if it's okay for you to tell? Pictures, especially of you with your non-USC spouse's relatives, too, mingling like family are good ideas to send... Not to mention, photos from your wedding, particularly those that show symbolic rites are good, too.

I believe in frontloading. I hope it works for me, too :)

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi VJ Family,

As of 04 February 2013, my husband received the NOA1 via post with 28 January 2013 as priority date indicated in the NOA1.

I'd been going over other member's comments and experiences when I ran across this letter from the husband petitioner, which should contain how we met each other, how we started the relationship and our plans in the future. Would it make a difference if we were'nt able to include one? We submitted few copies of our conversations daily via skype, CDFF, viber and international phone calls though as evidence of our ongoing marital relationship. Is it possible to show that letter as soon as we get to the interview?

Kindly advise. We appreciate all comments.

Best regards, B&B

I didn't include letters of how we met from either of us, but we did have notarized letters from both sets of parents about our relationship and their desire for us to live together, etc.

I didn't include letters of how we met from either of us, but we did have notarized letters from both sets of parents about our relationship and their desire for us to live together, etc.

Thank you ErinBeth. We appreciate your response.

We have affidavits from both our families to vouch our on-going relationship.

Fond regards,

B&B

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good question Darnell. From the info, I thought she is coming back and appy for her husband from here. That what I felt from her second response.

AOS is for when the beneficiary is in the US.

Not the USC.

She is not traveling back to the US WITH her husband to apply.

That would be fraudulent.

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Really? Even your phrase of 'appy for her husband from here' is ambiguous.

Guide1 vs Guide2 - the main difference is 'where is the foreign spouse today?' If outside the country - one chases a visa - it doesn't matter where the petitioner is. If foreign spouse is inside the country - one chases an adjustment of status.

We read the same thing here, but we've come up with two different appoaches. Sorry. I'd never recommend anyone to use Guide2 for chasing a visa, never, ever.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you ErinBeth. We appreciate your response.

We have affidavits from both our families to vouch our on-going relationship.

Fond regards,

B&B

Absolutely. :)

On the other hand, our I-130 was approved yesterday even though we sent in NO supporting documentation. But the UK is very, very strict about marriage fraud, and my biometrics were in the system already from when I applied for my work visa for Scotland (the fingerprints were taken at a US biometrics center), and we have no criminal or immigration complications, and I've traveled internationally multiple times for work... who knows why they approved it! I honestly expected and was preparing for an RFE. It won't go to waste - since we didn't send our supporting documentation with the I-130, we will now have to send it to the NVC, and the NVC will not have the reassurance that the evidence was already evaluated by the USCIS. It's better to be prepared from the beginning.

Edited by speedwell

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Well, the fact that you moved in with your husband after the marriage, after you submitted the I-130, is rather cool.

Now, what have you done to document that move and daily life? If you get an RFE for bonafide marriage evidence, you have a unique opportunity to tell USCIS all 'bout it. I am troubled that you not have photos due to religious reasons - so if this carried forward into your married life in Bangladesh and you still not make photos of daily life - well, you're gonna have some issue.

At the most, you can write up an evolution of relationship letter for what you've been doing after filing the I-130, and include it with the RFE.

Think about it - how you gonna prove you moved to Bangladesh to live with your husband? What documentary evidence do you have?

I've been thinking about this a lot. The best I have are the stamps in my passport proving that I lived in Bangladesh for 8 months straight (I just came back to the US today to work and save up money for when he comes). I also took many pictures of my almost-year abroad. But other than that I don't have hard evidence proving financial commingling since he's still in medical school and we lived with his parents.

As someone gave you the link earlier: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2 and the summary of this link for your I-130 would be:

1. Payment as required by USCIS. Use a money order so you can track the payment. If a personal check is allowed, use that instead.

2. Cover Letter. Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-130), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet.

3. Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative

4. Copy of the Full Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport. This is used to establish citizenship.

5. A copy of petitioner's proof of naturalization. (If applicable)

6. A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate and/or passport along with English translation. (If in any language other than English)

7. A certified copy of your certified marriage certificate (again, translated if not in Engligh)

8. A certified official copy of the petitioner's and/or intending immigrant's divorce documents. (If one or both of you have been divorced before)

9. A copy of a prior spouse's death certificate. (If filing for a spouse, and one or both have you were married before, and the prior spouse died)

10. G-325A filled out by the US Citizen, signed and dated.

11. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

12. G-325A filled out by the foreign spouse signed and dated.

13. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign spouse. Write the full name of the beneficiary on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of (insert name) ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

14. Evidence of a bonafide marriage

Finally, make a identical copy of this whole package and keep it for yourself.

Yup. This is the exact outline I used when I put my packet together. I have 2 copies of it. One is with me, and the other is with my husband in Bangladesh.

06.27.12: Mailed out I-130 IR1 for husband

07.02.12: NOA1
03.08.13: NOA2
05.10.13: Case complete

07.10.13: Interview - AP

12.05.13: AP completed

12.17.13: Visa in hand

02.02.14: POE - NYC

04.04.14: Greencard in hand

11.06.19: Mailed out N-400

12.03.19: Biometrics

01.21.21: Citizenship Interview

--

06.01.18: F2A filed for brothers ages 20, 19 and 16

03.26.20: Petition approved ages 21, 20 and 17

04.24.21: DQ - awaiting interview ages 22, 21 and 18

09.25.24: Interview for 3 brothers - Approved!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Did you type up an explanation of that and include it (signed and dated) in the packet?

No =( I have no idea why I didn't think to include an explanation before. I don't mind sending in pictures, it's just that I wasn't wearing my headscarf in any of my wedding day photos, and at the time those were the only photos I had of us. Of course now I have more pictures. Should I send in recent photos of us together, or just wait to see what USCIS decides next in regards to our case?

06.27.12: Mailed out I-130 IR1 for husband

07.02.12: NOA1
03.08.13: NOA2
05.10.13: Case complete

07.10.13: Interview - AP

12.05.13: AP completed

12.17.13: Visa in hand

02.02.14: POE - NYC

04.04.14: Greencard in hand

11.06.19: Mailed out N-400

12.03.19: Biometrics

01.21.21: Citizenship Interview

--

06.01.18: F2A filed for brothers ages 20, 19 and 16

03.26.20: Petition approved ages 21, 20 and 17

04.24.21: DQ - awaiting interview ages 22, 21 and 18

09.25.24: Interview for 3 brothers - Approved!

No =( I have no idea why I didn't think to include an explanation before. I don't mind sending in pictures, it's just that I wasn't wearing my headscarf in any of my wedding day photos, and at the time those were the only photos I had of us. Of course now I have more pictures. Should I send in recent photos of us together, or just wait to see what USCIS decides next in regards to our case?

I think we have a bit more leeway with cases at the NVC. I would give it a go and send in your photos (make sure you follow the guide on how to label your photos). Make sure you label everything with your case/receipt number and hope for the best! Even if they don't make it into your file, at least you tried!

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Timeline

I've been thinking about this a lot. The best I have are the stamps in my passport proving that I lived in Bangladesh for 8 months straight (I just came back to the US today to work and save up money for when he comes). I also took many pictures of my almost-year abroad. But other than that I don't have hard evidence proving financial commingling since he's still in medical school and we lived with his parents.

Cool. Prep yer evidence then, be prepared to submit it INTO NVC with the DS-230 OR to USCIS IF/F an RFE shows up.

For your time in Bangladesh:

1. letter outlining your stay in Bangladesh, referencing the stamps in the passport and copies of the ticket stubs. Keep it to one page.

2. letter outlining your daily life in Bangladesh, as many pages as you want.

3. the photos !

4. some letter from his parents stating that you lived with their son in their house as the wife of their son.

For your time since moving back to USA:

now that you're here back in the states, I strongly suggest you get some utility bills in both of your names. if you're living with your parents - hey - shift the cable bill into your name and his name - i'm sure your parents can agree to let you do that. Many cell phone companies allow that as well. Don't bother with putting him on your medical insurance until he gets here. Also, on any bank accounts you have, there are Payable on Death (POD) instructions - you can have your POD set up for your husband's name - no SSN required.

Good Luck ! The whole concept here is to get the evidence INTO the casefile before a Vice Consul sees it. You do have one more shot, with NVC on the DS-230 set, but you might have an opportunity prior if an RFE is issued. That evidence travels with the casefile - so when the casefile leaves NVC and arrives at the US Embassy - the Vice Consuls will have an opportunity plus MORE TIME to review it, prior to interview day.

On interview day, alas, there's not much time for a Vice Consul to allocate to reviewing bonafide marriage evidence - it's usually 2 to 10 minutes per interview, per human.

Go Get Em !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.