Penny Lane

Georgia man shoots and kills young Latino who accidentally pulled into his driveway

180 posts in this topic

Really? You can't think of any situation where you'd feel on edge if people were just sitting there in your driveway?

No.

If I saw people sitting in my driveway I would assume they were lost. They aren't getting out of the car, they aren't doing anything. Why would I be worried?

I know when I first moved here I got lost. A lot. I'd turn down a street, realize it was the wrong one, and pull into someone's driveway for a minute to a) call my husband and try to tell him where I am and get directions b) use my phone to attempt to get directions c) mess with the GPS.

I certainly hope no homeowner ever saw me and thought about grabbing a gun and coming out to scream at me and shoot in the air.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Another article with more information. http://thenewstalkers.com/forum/topics/georgia-man-shoots-and-kills-guy-who-accidentally-entered-his?page=1&commentId=6450411%3AComment%3A233587&x=1#6450411Comment233587

10:15pm. Car of 4 people. People out of the vehicle and RUNNING near his vehicle. He goes out, goes back in to get his gun, fires a warning shot, the car then drives at him.

Filed: Timeline

if i lived in gangland (which is like 3-5 miles away from where i actually live but might as well be in another universe entirely) i'd worry if i saw a car pull up my driveway full of "yoots" of any color.

of course, not being armed, all i would actually do is stay away from the windows and cower in fear.

Timeline

No.

If I saw people sitting in my driveway I would assume they were lost. They aren't getting out of the car, they aren't doing anything. Why would I be worried?

I know when I first moved here I got lost. A lot. I'd turn down a street, realize it was the wrong one, and pull into someone's driveway for a minute to a) call my husband and try to tell him where I am and get directions b) use my phone to attempt to get directions c) mess with the GPS.

I certainly hope no homeowner ever saw me and thought about grabbing a gun and coming out to scream at me and shoot in the air.

Please see my latest post with more info.

It's always fun when people wrap themselves in the flag to cover up their indecency as human beings.

I kinda prefer deli meats, now that Lady Gaga has made it a fashion statement.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Agreed. He shot into the air, that's his restraint, that's his warning. Then the car was coming at him (that's what he thought according to the article) so he shot the driver who had then wound down his window, for all he knows to pull a gun. It his mind, in that second, it was the only thing to do. In the end, it wasn't.

sigh.

no, shooting into the air is reckless as that bullet is gonna fall somewhere.

in a situation where warranted (like this one) presentation of deadly force is sufficient to deter a prudent individual. firing a warning shot isn't necessary.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Another article with more information. http://thenewstalkers.com/forum/topics/georgia-man-shoots-and-kills-guy-who-accidentally-entered-his?page=1&commentId=6450411%3AComment%3A233587&x=1#6450411Comment233587

10:15pm. Car of 4 people. People out of the vehicle and RUNNING near his vehicle. He goes out, goes back in to get his gun, fires a warning shot, the car then drives at him.

Okay, so let's assume that this one source is accurate since I haven't read this detail anywhere else. Two people do get out of the car. This guy comes out of his house, fires a warning shot, which apparently worked because they got back in their car. And when they're in the car, they move to back out, and he shoots AGAIN, killing someone.

Still brilliant.

sigh.

no, shooting into the air is reckless as that bullet is gonna fall somewhere.

in a situation where warranted (like this one) presentation of deadly force is sufficient to deter a prudent individual. firing a warning shot isn't necessary.

Thanks - I can't really believe people think shooting a gun into the air is harmless and "nothing is wrong with that"...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Most of us vets know more than one way to cause devastation. That we don't, amazes me every day. Perhaps we should be banished to some tropical island, and allowed to live our remaining days in debauchery at taxpayer expense.

call it the old soldier's home :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

what are you trying to prove with that information? i don't get it.

That people got out of the car, so he was right to shoot. Twice. Once in the air, once at the car. Because of the assumption that they were "up to no good"

Timeline
Okay, so let's assume that this one source is accurate since I haven't read this detail anywhere else. Two people do get out of the car. This guy comes out of his house, fires a warning shot, which apparently worked because they got back in their car. And when they're in the car, they move to back out, and he shoots AGAIN, killing someone.

"Sailors saw two people running by his car and "assumed they were up to no good," Puglise said. He went outside and fired a warning shot into the air. He says the people were back in the car and the car moved in his direction, which is when he shot, according to Puglise."

You said "back out" but the article says "moved in his direction".

Thanks - I can't really believe people think shooting a gun into the air is harmless and "nothing is wrong with that"...

Did you see the picture of where he lives? Looks rural to me. Nothing wrong with firing a warning shot in that area. Better than shooting first and asking later. He shot at the vehicle moving towards him full of people of which 2 had just been running around his property.

I still think there's more to this and wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get charged with murder.

If he shot them at 2pm in the afternoon, that's weird. Pitch-black 10:15pm at night where 2 people had been running around his property, it explains a lot more than the first article.

"Sailors saw two people running by his car and "assumed they were up to no good," Puglise said. He went outside and fired a warning shot into the air. He says the people were back in the car and the car moved in his direction, which is when he shot, according to Puglise."

You said "back out" but the article says "moved in his direction".

Did you see the picture of where he lives? Looks rural to me. Nothing wrong with firing a warning shot in that area. Better than shooting first and asking later. He shot at the vehicle moving towards him full of people of which 2 had just been running around his property.

I still think there's more to this and wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get charged with murder.

According to the MURDERER, yes, they were moving towards him. According to the victim's friends and witnesses, they were not. You choose to believe whoever you'd like.

Edited by Evylin

Filed: Timeline

What he should have done is ordered all the yoots out of their car at gunpoint, shot the gas tank and trigger an explosion, then with the yoots stuck on his rural middle of nowhere property, he should have took them hostage in return for Obama being impeached.

That's what he would have done if he was a patriot who was thinking about whats good for his country.

Instead, it appears we have another American who only thinks of himself.