lostinblue

Register … or Rebel:

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I read that many people from NY, Mass,andConn.are headed to Florida to get away from these tyrannical gun laws.They love the stand your ground laws. Looks like you could have a lot of AR 15's headed your way. Seems there are a lot of under water homes in Florida perhaps you know of a couple on your street?

Great. Maybe that is why home prices are ticking up big time around here as of recent. Seeing that my home is under water, the gun nuts might actually get this liberal out from under water. Who would have thought that the positive side effects of NY's sensible legislation would reach all the way down here padding this librul's wallet?

I'm sure NY gun owners are quaking.

Here is what happens to felons who attempt to purchase firearms and actually get background checked:

"the FBI referred more than 76,000 such cases to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms in 2010. Justice Department attorneys prosecuted just 44 of them."

So 76000 people were identified by name and all the necessary information to the FBI in 2010 as being convicted criminals or nuts attempting to buy a gun. That's a crime. All the evidence is right there. You wonder - with people like that freely walking the streets - we want to hang on to ours so that we can protect ourselves from them?

Have them rebel. With that they break the law. And as law breakers, they should no longer have the right to own them guns. Works for me.

i don't get it.

1359627911[/url]' post='5951799']

I'm sure NY gun owners are quaking.

Here is what happens to felons who attempt to purchase firearms and actually get background checked:

"the FBI referred more than 76,000 such cases to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms in 2010. Justice Department attorneys prosecuted just 44 of them."

So 76000 people were identified by name and all the necessary information to the FBI in 2010 as being convicted criminals or nuts attempting to buy a gun. That's a crime. All the evidence is right there. You wonder - with people like that freely walking the streets - we want to hang on to ours so that we can protect ourselves from them?

It is early. I read this and thought this was about iba as jd prosecuting voter fraud then I realized

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Have them rebel. With that they break the law. And as law breakers, they should no longer have the right to own them guns. Works for me.

Canadians rebeled at their firearm registration and they did away with it, simply because so few complied with it. :lol:

I love how you cannot post on the subject without revealing your ultimate goal, the confiscation of ALL firearms. Thanks. Also, thank you for acknowledging...

1. It IS a right

2. You want to take away rights

And "them guns" is horrible grammer, you sound like John Kerry (who served in Viet Nam)please do not use such ignorant sounding utterances in the context of referring to firearms enthusiasts. I am sure there is some liberal demographic it would be more applicable to.

Stand by for the denial...

I think it is important to publish the nonsense that gets put into legislation so we see just what these people are after...and it has nothing to do with safety for children

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Great. Maybe that is why home prices are ticking up big time around here as of recent. Seeing that my home is under water, the gun nuts might actually get this liberal out from under water. Who would have thought that the positive side effects of NY's sensible legislation would reach all the way down here padding this librul's wallet?

I suggest you liberalize your gun laws further in Florida. Eliminate the concealed permits and just let anyone carry concealed. Your home value will "shoot" right up (pardon the pun)

I see you will also sell your principals in order to recover from an inadvisable investment. :lol: The same people that want to take away rights, also will sell out their principals! Who knew?

On the other hand, because Vermont allows anyone to carry a firearm concealed, our home prices have remained remarkably stable. And inexplicably high. Maybe it is the attraction of living in such a low crime place. I think so. What else could it be? The solubrious climate? :lol: (that means "pleasant")

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Gary and Anna, before I say what I have to say, let me say this: you're my favorite. Just FYI. You're awesome. I want to adopt you.

But anyways, you mentioned grammar then used the word principal in place of principle. :P

Pointing that out before he does for you lol.

Edited by Khal_Drogo

I am the USC.

The member "Khaleesi" is my beautiful wife.

Gary and Anna, before I say what I have to say, let me say this: you're my favorite. Just FYI. You're awesome. I want to adopt you.

But anyways, you mentioned grammar then used the word principal in place of principle. :P

Pointing that out before he does for you lol.

When I profess my adoration for someone, I usually make sure I have their name right. :blush:

PS, he also spelled the word "grammar" wrong.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Regardless of how you feel about guns in specific, that is a terrible precedent. If you really believe that, anything can be bad. You just outlaw a practice. Then anyone who does it is a criminal. Since only criminals do it, it must be bad.

For instance, you could pass a law that outlaws voting for a certain party. Then, only criminals would be voting for that party and the law would be justified insofar as only criminals were breaking it anyways. Doesn't that sound like the fallacious argument of a tyrannical government to you?

He's free to a good home.

On the other hand, because Vermont allows anyone to carry a firearm concealed, our home prices have remained remarkably stable.

Odd then that home prices in Arizona - the most liberal gun law state in the nation - have collapsed worse than most anywhere in the nation.

Regardless of how you feel about guns in specific, that is a terrible precedent. If you really believe that, anything can be bad. You just outlaw a practice. Then anyone who does it is a criminal. Since only criminals do it, it must be bad.

If a law is passed through the democratic process that rquires firearms to be registered, then you can challenge that law in court if you believe that it violates your rights or whatever. You cannot simply decide for yourself not to follow the law and expect law enforcement to look the other way. If you get caught, you face the music. That's how it works.

For instance, you could pass a law that outlaws voting for a certain party. Then, only criminals would be voting for that party and the law would be justified insofar as only criminals were breaking it anyways. Doesn't that sound like the fallacious argument of a tyrannical government to you?

That is a dumb comparison. The only thing fallacious is you equating a requirement to register firearms which takes away not a single right from a single person with the criminalization of a political party. These are not on the same level. I don't understand how you can even suggest that they are.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If a law is passed through the democratic process that rquires firearms to be registered, then you can challenge that law in court if you believe that it violates your rights or whatever. You cannot simply decide for yourself not to follow the law and expect law enforcement to look the other way. If you get caught, you face the music. That's how it works.

Yes, that's how it works. But the very existence and origin of the United States of America explicitly asserts the belief that not all laws are inherently good or justified and that resisting them can be appropriate. Your appeal to the fact that the laws were passed "through the democratic process" is procedural and insufficient to justify any law. Whether the laws are passed by a monarch, a warlord, or an elected congress, the average citizen has no sway.

That is a dumb comparison. The only thing fallacious is you equating a requirement to register firearms which takes away not a single right from a single person with the criminalization of a political party. These are not on the same level. I don't understand how you can even suggest that they are.

I wasn't saying they are on the same level. (I'm also not saying that they aren't). My issue was with the circle jerk logic that you used to justify requiring that firearms be registered. Any law is justified by your logic by the simple reason that anyone that disobeys it is a criminal. Since non-criminals don't break that law, it's a fine law. Step back and see the larger picture. That's a meaningless way to justify a law, because it justifies any law. Unless you think that there aren't and can't be bad laws, you are using bad logic.

Edited by SMR

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

funny, whenever unfair labor practices are brought up, the right chants "don't like it, get a new job!". so ny makes some 'unfair' registration requirements, how come the right is flipping out? why not just avoid living in NY?

:dead:

"Shall Not Be Infringed"

The NY state assembly/Governor should be thrown out of office.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!