Regan L

CRBA

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

YES she WAS conceived IN wedlock, so do i need the “Affidavit of Paternity and Support” (DS-5507)? I wont be at the interview, only my wife. I sent my original birth certificate like you said. i also am having her bring more photos of her b4 and after pregnancy. Btw my baby is whiter than her and every filipino in any pictures i see my daughter in, we skye every day and her eyes are dramatically wider than a Filipinos eyes would be.

Just complete the form to be safe.

Again not trying to be offensive to say, it could be some other "white guys" baby. Just because it's "whiter" than her and every Filipino in any pictures" doesn't prove the kid is yours just that it's possible SOMEONE with anglo blood impregnated her. Could have been your brother who doesn't have US citizenship so you're helping him out by helping his girlfriend and child get to the US. Seriously, don't play the "but the baby looks white" card.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just complete the form to be safe.

Again not trying to be offensive to say, it could be some other "white guys" baby. Just because it's "whiter" than her and every Filipino in any pictures" doesn't prove the kid is yours just that it's possible SOMEONE with anglo blood impregnated her. Could have been your brother who doesn't have US citizenship so you're helping him out by helping his wife and child get to the US. Seriously, don't play the "but the baby looks white" card.

well theres no time to include the form, thats why im wondering if i need it. well how does anyone prove the kid is theres without a dna test? Ive herd people pass them without dna tests, i dont know how rare that is.

YES she WAS conceived IN wedlock, so do i need the "Affidavit of Paternity and Support" (DS-5507)? I wont be at the interview, only my wife. I sent my original birth certificate like you said. i also am having her bring more photos of her b4 and after pregnancy. Btw my baby is whiter than her and every filipino in any pictures i see my daughter in, we skye every day and her eyes are dramatically wider than a Filipinos eyes would be.

And I see your highschool diploma, this will help establish your US citizenship.

That’s no surprise,looking caucasian i.e. color of her skin plays little if any roll in the biological relationship, or the CO's determining factor.

At my daughers interview the CO was looking for "facial resemblances" between me and her, and not that she had caucasian characteristics i.e. puti skin.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

YES she WAS conceived IN wedlock, so do i need the "Affidavit of Paternity and Support" (DS-5507)? I wont be at the interview, only my wife. I sent my original birth certificate like you said. i also am having her bring more photos of her b4 and after pregnancy. Btw my baby is whiter than her and every filipino in any pictures i see my daughter in, we skye every day and her eyes are dramatically wider than a Filipinos eyes would be.

BTW, pretty much how it is with Caucasian/Filipino children.

did you bring the "Affidavit of Paternity and Support" (DS-5507) with you to your interview?

Persons born in wedlock to a U.S. citizen father and non-U.S. citizen mother are legitimated by virtue of the marriage of the parents. Evidence of the marriage should be submitted.

Persons born out of wedlock to a U.S. citizen father and non-U.S. citizen mother and not legitimated by the natural parents' subsequent marriage can be legitimated under the Immigration and Nationality Act by one of two methods indicated below.

Method 1: The person can be legitimated if:

• While the person is under the age of 18 years old, the father acknowledged paternity of the person in writing under oath or the paternity of the person was established by adjudication of a competent court, and
  • Before the applicant reached the age of 18, the father (unless deceased before the applicant’s 18th birthday) agreed in writing and under oath to provide financial support for the applicant until the applicant reaches the age of 18 years old. (NOTE: The father should complete the form “Affidavit of Parentage, Physical Presence and Support” (DS-5507) ,in conjunction with a CRBA application, to satisfy the requirements for Method 1.

we were married at the time of birth. so do i still need “Affidavit of Paternity and Support” (DS-5507)?

sorry! i thought you weren't. if thats the case, then no. you don't need it.

good luck!

oh and since youre doing the CRBA might as well do the PI Passport too if you haven't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.