raf.luv.leah

CFO experience

51 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had to use the original when getting me and my son registered in DEERS as military dependents. They wouldnt take a copy.

Are we still talking about the CFO seminar. Sorry i am not familiar with DEERS.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also has anyone been asked for an original of their marriage certificate? Coz i just have a photocopy. My original is with the embassy. Thank

A photocopy is fine for CFO. Deers has nothing to do with CFO so not relevant.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I'm sorry, didnt mean to confuse things. When you asked "Also has anyone been asked for an original of their marriage certificate? Coz i just have a photocopy. My original is with the embassy" I wasnt thinking and just responded to your question without thinking that you meant it in regards to just CFO. It was very late when I responded, and I just thought you meant to ask if anyone ever has been asked for a copy of their original marriage certificate, in which case I have been, but not in regards to CFO. My appologies.

Are we still talking about the CFO seminar. Sorry i am not familiar with DEERS.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A photocopy is fine for CFO. Deers has nothing to do with CFO so not relevant.

Hank can u give me advise if i still need to bring a letter from my mom that he approved of my marriage in 2010. I got married whem i was 21 in america and now im 24. I was petitioned under F2A-spouse of a legal permanent resident.

CFO is a total waste of time and energy. I doubt if they're actually serving their purpose.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't have any first hand knowledge on this as my wife was in her 30s when she did CFO. I know some here on VJ get asked and some don't, no set rule. Being you are 24 now I would think that is the age they would look at.

This is the only info I have:

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent. (Some are posted on VJ that they were not asked for this, yet others have been asked, so be prepared)

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Examples (from Quezon City):

Advice of Parents: http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/parentadvice.pdf

Consent to Marry: http://www.quezoncity.gov.ph/images/stories/downloadables/forms/consenttomarriage.pdf

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank can u give me advise if i still need to bring a letter from my mom that he approved of my marriage in 2010. I got married whem i was 21 in america and now im 24. I was petitioned under F2A-spouse of a legal permanent resident.

CFO is a total waste of time and energy. I doubt if they're

actually serving their purpose.

You have a great question, not sure..... It's so easy to get the form signed and bring it with just to be safe... It is the only step in this whole process that I believe is irrelevent and can trip someone up for a few more hours or days. And at that time a day is huge in my opinion...

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.