Foot

B2 denied again. Im getting upset.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiance and I are currently in process for a K1 visa. I expect our NOA 1 in a couple days, I have already recieved the text message and email saying that our package has been opened. Way back in march of last year, we applied for a B2 visa to try and bring her to my home in Utah so she could visit me and see how I live. due to improperly filed paperwork and a lack of supporting documents that application was denied. Today, we tried again. This time we made absolutely sure that everything was in order. I sent her an I-134 and supporting documents and we were careful to fill out all the paperwork correctly and filed more supporting documentation from her side as well. She got to her interview this morning, went up to the window and the interviewer asked her one question "why do you want to go to the USA" to which she replied that she was going to visit her fiance and meet my family. The interviewer looked at the computer and without looking at any of the documents we provided denied her application. I am so angry right now I cant even see straight. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions? I need for her to meet my parents before we are wed and I really want her to see how I live and what its like in the USA before she has to relocate permanently. We did the DS-160 application in Singapore. Is there another type of visa we can try? or maybe a different form like a DS-156? Right now Im looking for anything, any possibility. Im seriously frustrated and more than a little angry. Help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Maybe should have not said that she was going to visit her fiance. They probally had in their mind that she was not coming back home. Mistake on her part. (I assume)

Keep it Real

Maybe should have not said that she was going to visit her fiance. They probally had in their mind that she was not coming back home. Mistake on her part. (I assume)

Yep. Two denials. She won't get to come to the US until she has a K-1 visa in hand.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Having an I134 in hand ( a document used for immgrant visas) and saying that she was meeting her fiances parents would look like she was planning an "unplanned" wedding

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

My fiance and I are currently in process for a K1 visa. I expect our NOA 1 in a couple days, I have already recieved the text message and email saying that our package has been opened. Way back in march of last year, we applied for a B2 visa to try and bring her to my home in Utah so she could visit me and see how I live. due to improperly filed paperwork and a lack of supporting documents that application was denied. Today, we tried again. This time we made absolutely sure that everything was in order. I sent her an I-134 and supporting documents and we were careful to fill out all the paperwork correctly and filed more supporting documentation from her side as well. She got to her interview this morning, went up to the window and the interviewer asked her one question "why do you want to go to the USA" to which she replied that she was going to visit her fiance and meet my family. The interviewer looked at the computer and without looking at any of the documents we provided denied her application. I am so angry right now I cant even see straight. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions? I need for her to meet my parents before we are wed and I really want her to see how I live and what its like in the USA before she has to relocate permanently. We did the DS-160 application in Singapore. Is there another type of visa we can try? or maybe a different form like a DS-156? Right now Im looking for anything, any possibility. Im seriously frustrated and more than a little angry. Help.

Even though we are not going to tell any lie but it seems that this process favors the shifty.

Good luck to you Guys.

Having an I134 in hand ( a document used for immgrant visas) and saying that she was meeting her fiances parents would look like she was planning an "unplanned" wedding

the interviewing officer did not look at ANY of her documents. Including the I-134 and supporting pages. There was one single question asked and then she was denied. They might as well have just taken the fee and mailed us a rejection notice.

the interviewing officer did not look at ANY of her documents. Including the I-134 and supporting pages. There was one single question asked and then she was denied. They might as well have just taken the fee and mailed us a rejection notice.

Most tourist visas are decided on the basis of the filing, and the interview is just a formality.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Were the documents showing her strong strong country ties? They have to feel she will return.

I am on a phone so can't see what country you are coming from.

Also a I-134 has nothing to do with a tourist visa she has to show on her own account her monies.

What's her job, letter fron boss saying when they expect her to return, her lease, bank accounts, if she has children in school. She has to show she will return that's the way it is.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

singapore is a VWP country - it absolutely sucks she's not a SG citizen.

Other than that, I've no words for you.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Interview Process

Why are the visa interviews so short? I was asked only a couple of questions and the interviewer hardly looked at my documents.

In a typical 8-hour day, a consular officer may need to interview 150 applicants or more, which allows about 3 minutes per applicant. The application form, if completed thoroughly, contains most of the information needed to adjudicate the visa. Additional documents are examined only if the consular officer needs to obtain further clarification of the applicant’s situation.

I presented all the documents I had, but my application was turned down anyway. What else could I bring?

When an officer conducts an interview, he or she references the application forms, and may refer to supporting documentation if necessary. However, most visa interviews are conducted based on information provided in the application and the interview questions. While the officer may ask for some documentation, the heart of the interview is the applicant's responses to the officers' questions.

Typical from the FAQ's at most embassies.

Edited by The Patriot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.