mysticlady

No welcome letter or GC yet - where's the USCIS welcome letter?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I got to the U.S End November and am yet to receive my welcome letter or GC. I tried calling USCIS to find out the status of my green card and they couldn't help me because I did not have the USCIS receipt number. The USCIS system does not recognize the case number which is what I got because we filed under direct consular processing. Is there any way to find out the status of my green card or welcome letter?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Call them to look for your case using Alien Registration Number.

Or you can visit to any near USCIS center using infopass. They can look your case using Alien Registration Number.

Alien Registration Number starts from A, and you find this in your visa.

Edited by iwaiting

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

Call them to look for your case using Alien Registration Number.

Or you can visit to any near USCIS center using infopass. They can look your case using Alien Registration Number.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

I called and they said they cannot using the Alien registration number? This is the USCIS 1800 you are talking about right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

I called and they said they cannot using the Alien registration number? This is the USCIS 1800 you are talking about right?

I dont know their phone where they can fetch your details using A number, as I didnt require to call them. But ask them where you can call them to look for you using A number.

Otherwise visit any nearest USCIS center, as they can look for you using A number. A number is very important!

XrVRp5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

call the USCIS hotline again, get an ISO

then ask if any returned mail pieces on you.

If there are, go over the correct address with the ISO, then ask that the returned mail pieces be sent to the right address.

Getting an ISO is important - see

ISO - http://www.dhs.gov/files/publications/gc_1305658440339.shtm

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

call the USCIS hotline again, get an ISO

then ask if any returned mail pieces on you.

If there are, go over the correct address with the ISO, then ask that the returned mail pieces be sent to the right address.

Getting an ISO is important - see

ISO - http://www.dhs.gov/files/publications/gc_1305658440339.shtm

Good Luck !

Thanks a bunch, I will call and ask for an ISO. I spoke to the regular customer service reps I think. Will update.

Timeline

Thanks a bunch, I will call and ask for an ISO. I spoke to the regular customer service reps I think. Will update.

Ok, here's the update.I called the USCIS hotline again, spoke to the customer service rep and requested for an ISO. She said there was no available ISO to take my call and I could leave a message for a call back. I was transferred to a voice mail service, but the said voice mail box was full and I was disconnected. I called again and it appears that there is an e-mail address you could write to get information. I have mailed there and expect an answer in 10 days time. That's the best I could do for now. Will update in a bit.

Here is the e-mail id for anyone who is in a similar situation, though I would recommend calling the hotline first. NSCS-customerconnect@uscis.dhs.gov. You are required to mention your name, Alien number, application receipt number (if available) and a summary of your problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Here's the latest - Received a reply from customer connect @ USCIS (nice service), the card was apparently mailed and returned as undeliverable. It has apparently been mailed again. Gosh, I wish I get it soon. Will keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Here's the latest - Received a reply from customer connect @ USCIS (nice service), the card was apparently mailed and returned as undeliverable. It has apparently been mailed again. Gosh, I wish I get it soon. Will keep you posted.

OK, GC in hand. The process was a bit of a hassle, because I had to go the INS office and talk to an officer. Apparently, they sent the card to the wrong address. Twice! Since it was a mistake from their end, they forwarded it to the correct address. Phew, relieved.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yay! Going over this with an ISO, in real time, over the phone, should have accomplished the same thing.

Sorry you had trouble, to get an ISO.

Returned mail pieces are a PITA, I write of this, prolly about 19 or 20 times each month.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.