san diego

ROC supporting documentation

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I am currently in the process of making package for Lifting Conditions for my wife. This question is only to members that went through the ROC package. I am OK on all supporting documents but 2:

1) Affidavits from USC friends/relatives: how important is it? It seems to me that anyone can do that but it seems a little strange to ask people to write those. Are those important? Obviously, we have joint bank and credit card accounts, joint car and medical insurance, joint lease, she is beneficiary on my life insurance, we have pictures from multiple vacation travels, including with my daughter from 1st marriage (at least 8 trips). How important are those affidavits?

2) Utility bills on both names: how important are those?? Given all the evidence above.. All utility bills are on my name: this is easier. Should I go ahead and start changing names on utility bills? Seems like useless pain in the butt. Should we?

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I just filed for my wife's ROC. I submitted the usual stuff, joint bank statements, her being listed on my health benefits from work and a joint lease agreement. I do have her listed on one utility bill and my name on another, both at the same address.As well as credit cards. one in her name and my on another, again both at the same address. My impression here is that this process is to prove we are still married, and still live together. I did not bother with affidavits, or photos. She does not drive so no car insurance or drivers license. I hope what I sent was sufficient. She is now scheduled for a biometrics appointment in 3 weeks. See what happens.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi San Diego,

We just received her Greencard on Christmas Eve and we included in our package for ROC our joint tax info, joint utility bills, health insurance, car insurance and any joint bank accounts. We didn't send any affidavits but I think that joint ownership of bill and other information solidifies that you are a married couple with strong ties for making the marriage work.

just my 2 cents

I am currently in the process of making package for Lifting Conditions for my wife. This question is only to members that went through the ROC package. I am OK on all supporting documents but 2:

1) Affidavits from USC friends/relatives: how important is it? It seems to me that anyone can do that but it seems a little strange to ask people to write those. Are those important? Obviously, we have joint bank and credit card accounts, joint car and medical insurance, joint lease, she is beneficiary on my life insurance, we have pictures from multiple vacation travels, including with my daughter from 1st marriage (at least 8 trips). How important are those affidavits?

2) Utility bills on both names: how important are those?? Given all the evidence above.. All utility bills are on my name: this is easier. Should I go ahead and start changing names on utility bills? Seems like useless pain in the butt. Should we?

Thanks in advance.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

i think if you have enough evidence you don't really need the affidavits,but it will help.you need to show two years a bonda fide marriage living togather,joint income taxes jointly driver licenses showing the same address, banking togather,pictures, wedding, some with family dates if possible,some junk mail adderssed to both of you,cards ,holidays,birthdays,anniversary,lease medical bills.if you had a child born birthcertificate,school report cards,any loana togather,there are many other things you can think of,the uscis wants to see if your marriage is real and your living togather as a married couple,good luck

Timeline

Thanks guys. So, it is common opinion: no Affidavits are necessary, right? I can get them just don't want to look like weirdo asking for those). We have a lot of friends we socialize with but you know this is kind of weird...

I do have everything including joint income tax, everything except those 2 things...

I think I will skip on utility bills and affidavits since we have so much other evidence. Unless there are other opinions strongly recommending both of these items.. Just don't want to get into this pain of obtaining those...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I did not do affidavits, since they are more of a "soft" evidence. Neither did I send photos.

I sent bank statements, credit cards (photos of both cards in our names), various utility bills (once we moved a year ago, I put all utilities in both names).

Basically just like Enigma said - you have to prove that you are still living together and you have co-mingled your finances.

Thanks guys. So, it is common opinion: no Affidavits are necessary, right? I can get them just don't want to look like weirdo asking for those). We have a lot of friends we socialize with but you know this is kind of weird...

I do have everything including joint income tax, everything except those 2 things...

I think I will skip on utility bills and affidavits since we have so much other evidence. Unless there are other opinions strongly recommending both of these items.. Just don't want to get into this pain of obtaining those...

I'd do the affidavits if you get an RFE and having not much else to submit.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

if your bills are in your name only, i still would send some of them in with your package showing your address. any other mail in your wife's name with same address, i would send that in also.

Timeline

if your bills are in your name only, i still would send some of them in with your package showing your address. any other mail in your wife's name with same address, i would send that in also.

Thank you for the tip. Actually, I also have X-mas cards addressed to both of us. In this case I will send a bill as well. This is an excellent point. Switching bills to her name at this point seems to me not only strange but marginal gray area as though we are doing it for ROC. Thank you! Good point!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We did them, no biggie probably, just covering all the bases.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.